Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Heres what i think is one of TNA's best promo video's in a long long time. It got me so hyped for the future of TNA, and brings back some great memories. Fantastic video!

So with that video in mind, i think it would be good to share some of TNA's greatest moments, and in general share some positivity about the future!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
This was a great video. It's nice the way TNA embraces its history so often. Just little things like showing the previous battles between Angle and Joe before their main event match on Impact all help out.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The best thing about this video is that for the first time in so many years TNA hasn't tried to put themselves over as the competitor/threat to WWE and in turn looking like a second-rate company; but actually coming across as a stand-alone company that have made their own legacy.

It's something TNA really need to do because it averts the viewers mindset of seeing them as a number two company and comparing them to the WWE, and actually being involved in a product with it's own history and legacy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've always liked this video from Slammiversary 2006 highlighting their early years. It's not in the same league as the video in the OP but quite good for that time.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Brilliant promo which bought back a lot of memories, Angle Joe confrontation and the headbutt is still my favourite moment in the company's history

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Half of it was AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. Which isn't a suprise as there two of the all time greats.

·
Registered
11,712 Posts
Why they keep showing JJ hitting Hogan at a non TNA event?

The video seems like there is too much going on and they keep showing NON important moments. Plus, the guy talking distract from the video. The video should narrate itself.

TNA Impact first show on FSN never gets love. That was probably the most important show in TNA history.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really enjoyed this video also. TNA as a whole has improved in the past few months.
Really starting to get back into TNA and am optimistic for their future.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Why they keep showing JJ hitting Hogan at a non TNA event?

The video seems like there is too much going on and they keep showing NON important moments. Plus, the guy talking distract from the video. The video should narrate itself.

TNA Impact first show on FSN never gets love. That was probably the most important show in TNA history.
JJ smashing Hogan over the head differently didn't occur in TNA, but is one of the first major events where TNA got major international press due to one of the biggest names in pro wrestling taking his time to work an angle with the founder of the company. At the time it was big news and I can see why TNA included it in the video. Gail Kim walking down to the ring and the same two shots of Hardy grabbing his nuts are questionable choices.

I would love for a 5 minute video to start off Slammiversary but it would need to cover the truly important moves/epic moves and cut out the fluff( Gail Kim walking to the ring, etc.). Only moments that mattered/historical

Ken Shamrock being the first NWA-TNA champion

Kurt Angle becoming the first TNA champion at Slammiversary 2007

Hogan signing/arriving to the Impact Zone

Sting's debut and re-debut in TNA

Team 3D's victory at Lockdown 2007 and in the process becoming the only team in history to win the WCW/TNA/WWE/ECW tag team titles.

RVD, Foley, Angle, and Flair's debuts.

The first Impact on FSN, on Spike TV.

The first 3 Hour PPV: Victory Road 04

The first TNA house show in Det, MI.

Bobby Roode becoming the longest reigning TNA champion in history

KOTM 2006 controversy

King Mo Lawal signing

AJ Styles becoming the only triple time triple crown winner

Kurt Angle becoming the TNA Everything Champion

TNA's international presence (Global Impact, TNA vs. AAA, sold out Wembley shows, etc.).

etc...

No more Jeff Hardy crotch grabbing.Seriously there is way too much that has happened in the last 10 years for TNA to show the same footage and footage of zero consequence.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Nicely done. Looking forward to this ppv. As a TNA fan this'll have to be one i order

i just really hope they do the best they can with the card

1 - 16 of 16 Posts