Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I didn't mind Boogeyman because his character was at least something different. Also a big fan of Blackman because he was a badass, although I think that people were more or less just indifferent to him because he was pretty bland.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
When I was younger I was into a lot of heels which I think is a little odd so I would say I had a pretty good eye for interesting characters.....however I always had an affinity for the Repo Man and the Berzerker. Still perplexed as to why.
Dude the Berzerker was awesome, he'd come to the ring, yell out huss, huss throughout the entire match. Beat dudes down, chop the crap out of them and then there was his finish which was just awesome. He's take guys and dump them out on the arena floor and take the count out win.

Plus I remember a time where he tried to empale the Undertaker with his Viking sword and the Undertaker moved at the last minute and the sword went right threw the ring, that was bad ass.

You know what? screw bringing back the attitude era let's bring back WWF 91, 92. It was still family friendly and the characters were alot more interesting.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
When I was younger my favorite by far was Ken Shamrock. Also liked Steve Blackman a lot. I thought the Big Bossman was cool too

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
John Morrison, Trent Baretta, and dare i say it......je....jeff hardy

*hides*

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Dude the Berzerker was awesome, he'd come to the ring, yell out huss, huss throughout the entire match. Beat dudes down, chop the crap out of them and then there was his finish which was just awesome. He's take guys and dump them out on the arena floor and take the count out win.

Plus I remember a time where he tried to empale the Undertaker with his Viking sword and the Undertaker moved at the last minute and the sword went right threw the ring, that was bad ass.

You know what? screw bringing back the attitude era let's bring back WWF 91, 92. It was still family friendly and the characters were alot more interesting.
Haha yeah man. I forgot about the thing with Taker. I remember he had a match with the British Bulldog scheduled for WM 8 but it got cut due to time constraints. I still don't think I have recovered from the disappointment.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Haha yeah man. I forgot about the thing with Taker. I remember he had a match with the British Bulldog scheduled for WM 8 but it got cut due to time constraints. I still don't think I have recovered from the disappointment.
He was also scheduled for Summer Slam 92 to face Tatanka but that got trimmed off too.

What's with The Berzerker being booked for PPV's and getting cut off at the last minute. Forget Bret and the Bulldog. Didn't they realize who really sold out Wembly Stadium.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I always really liked ken shamrock when i was a child most people i know didn't know who he was or didn't care so im going for him
This. I was a huge Ken Shamrock mark when I was watching the WWE in 98-99 but everyone else around could give a damn about him.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
He was also scheduled for Summer Slam 92 to face Tatanka but that got trimmed off too.

What's with The Berzerker being booked for PPV's and getting cut off at the last minute. Forget Bret and the Bulldog. Didn't they realize who really sold out Wembly Stadium.
Even though a copped to liking the Repo Man his match with Crush could have been cut in favor of the Berzerker. They didn't even play up on them being Demolition teammates which makes it even more useless. A friend of mine who is also a longtime wrestling fan doesn't even remember the Berzerker. I told him he was a viking and he was like yeah that sounds stupid. The dude was awesome though.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Am I the only one who used to enjoy The Mountie?
The Mountie was okay, the best part of his matches was when he'd grab the mic in mid match and yell out "I am the Mountie"

Although that time Jimmy Hart dumped that bucket of water on Bret Hart and Mountie attacked him with the cattle prod I thought that was pretty good. I just thought the gimmicked up noise the cattle prod would make on television was a little unrealistic.

Although the after math of his Summer Slam 91 match with the Big Boss Man was pretty epic with him having to spend a night in jail and a fellow prisoner coming up to him and asking "Don't you just love the way, leather feels up against your body" and the Mountie understandably responding with "Oh my god!" I'm guessing the Mountie had a rough night. Boy, that Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson sure had a twisted sense of humor and this was supposed to be family friendly, WTF. But that was also the year Earthquake squashed Jake's snake Damien, Jake the Snake slapped Elizabeth, and Randy Savage was bitten in the arm by Jake's king cobra so whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Repo Man
Evil Doink
Hawaiian Crush
The Mountie
Spirit Squad
Eugene (Musical chair for #1 contendership ftw)

·
Registered
559 Posts
ok this is prob one of the worst gimmicks in history, but i was a big fan of doink. lookin back it was retarded lol, but i thought he was so cool. i was also like 6 but still.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts