Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unreal to say the least:

https://twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=ThankYouTaker

Goddamn, the guy must be the most loved WWE star alive. No one but him could garner a reaction this long. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Randy Savage was right, what's so amazing about the Undertaker is a man, who surrounds himself with all darkness, shed so much light in people all over the world.

· Banned
8,200 Posts
This is not surprising, things can trend for days. It was a huge moment.

I still can't believe the streak ended. It's the most shocking thing to happen in pro wrestling in a very long time imo. Who the fuck predicted that to happen? People were actually not interested in this match because it was "too predictable" Taker would win.

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not surprising, things can trend for days. It was a huge moment.

I still can't believe the streak ended. It's the most shocking thing to happen in pro wrestling in a very long time imo. Who the fuck predicted that to happen? People were actually not interested in this match because it was "too predictable" Taker would win.
I fully realize that, but for something like this to happen to a WWE moment, which is considered by lots of people to be fake? Come on. It's special no matter how we look at it. As I'm writing this right now, the page just gets 148 more tweets in less than 60 seconds, goddamn! No sign of this stopping anytime now.

· Ho!
20,681 Posts
Not only that, but it's completely overshadowed everything. On Facebook, even Daniel Bryan winning the title, even the Hogan/Rock/Austin segment, still isn't enough to get the streak ending and Taker's career possibly being over off people's minds. The place is flooded with "Thank you Taker" and "The day wrestling died" comments. It's crazy. I expect ratings wise for tonight, the first hour and potentially last hour (if Taker ends up getting there) to be huge... the first quarter at least will be if nothing else.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
It's time the streak ended. Taker should say bye and be gone. It's sad to see an old guy in eyeliner. He was great and no need to tarnish what he did by hanging on too long and making people remember him for hanging on. Remember the good stuff.

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not only that, but it's completely overshadowed everything. On Facebook, even Daniel Bryan winning the title, even the Hogan/Rock/Austin segment, still isn't enough to get the streak ending and Taker's career possibly being over off people's minds. The place is flooded with "Thank you Taker" and "The day wrestling died" comments. It's crazy. I expect ratings wise for tonight, the first hour and potentially last hour (if Taker ends up getting there) to be huge... the first quarter at least will be if nothing else.
And to think so many people in IWC say Undertaker is not on the same level as Rock, Hogan, and Austin, eh? :D:

But yep, the twitter page still does not show any sign of dying. Taker is the most loved WWE star on the planet.

· Banned
19,104 Posts
I was all for The Streak ending, but now knowing we witnessed his (cliched to death, I know, possible) last match, that just hurts, man. I have so many fond memories of The Phenom / American Badass. I just don't know what else to say.

- Vic

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was all for The Streak ending, but now knowing we witnessed his (cliched to death, I know, possible) last match, that just hurts, man. I have so many fond memories of The Phenom / American Badass. I just don't know what else to say.

- Vic
I admit I cried several hours after the match was over. 21-1 hurt many, many people. #ThankYouTakerstill receives dozens of messages even now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.