Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That match at Backlash was horrible and I know as we all do, that he's capable of way more than that. He's been made to be watered down from what he was in NXT and it's complete bullshit. I guess he can't look too good compared to his precious Roman and Orton that he's bent on continuously pushing as well as all his dumbass part timers. Wonder how much longer before Styles and Owens are fucking ruined for good :(

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I dont think burying Nakamura would be the best thing to kill NJPW.

If Vince wanted to do that, he would push Nakamura so the other top guys in NJPW think that there are better opportunities than WWE. If they leave, then NJPW would struggle badly.

But if he just buries Nakamura and embarrasses him, it just makes the NJPW guys more loyal and make them forever reject WWE because they dont want to end up like Nakamura.

So I honestly think WWE are doing their best to make Nakamura successful, its just that they aren't completely hitting the mark so far. Backlash wasn't good, but this week on Smackdown was an improvement. He definitely regained some momentum there.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Vince never intended to do anything with Nakamura.
Just got him away from NJPW. They are doing what WCW did in the 90's.

Many more are going to be screwed.
This should be transferred to the rants section.

But to answer the rant, I think you're wrong. I think they're doing all they can to get him over. The problem is always that his style of wrestling and his charisma is harder to get over with all the fans. The hardcore NPJW fans are always going to like him, but what works outside of WWE, or even in NXT, doesn't always guarantee success on the main roster.

But these accusations that they're screwing him up on purpose is just complete ridiculous.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
And this is why I wanted him to stay in New Japan where he could continue at the top of his game. I mean, I don't begrudge him making more money at all, but from a fan's standpoint, he was obviously way more entertaining before.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Transitions from NxT to the main roster never go well, there are some that work well and others that don't. Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins is probably NxT's biggest success to date.

It's still early days for Nakamura yet. he can still be saved.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
And this is why I wanted him to stay in New Japan where he could continue at the top of his game. I mean, I don't begrudge him making more money at all, but from a fan's standpoint, he was obviously way more entertaining before.
Do agents have full control over matches in the WWE? AJ's match quality has taken a big hit while Nakamura has gone to top 5 worker in the world to completely out of the discussion..

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I barely watch WWE nowadays but from what I've seen of Nakamura in WWE, he has been no better than Yoshi Tatsu. Nothing about him stands out. Nothing about him is impressive at all. In NJPW he was a mega super star. In WWE he is just another meh Japanese wrestler.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
To be fair, WWE involves a different style of wrestling so he may not be able to do things he did before. However the match at Backlash wasn't bad to me. :shrug

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Lol this is what Nakamura gets for signing with WWE to be treated as such a commodity that he can slack in every aspect. Lazy cunt is the most overhyped guy since Balor came around, and has only done one thing worth noting and that was his debut in NXT.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Do agents have full control over matches in the WWE? AJ's match quality has taken a big hit while Nakamura has gone to top 5 worker in the world to completely out of the discussion..
I can't say for sure, but looking at the results, it certainly does seem like it. And considering how highly WWE scripts their promos, scripting their matches to such a degree wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Meantime, I can tell you with almost complete certainty that when Omega and Okada had their match at WK11, Gedo went to both and said "remember to do the table spot, Okada wins after a third Rainmaker, you've got an about an hour, get to it". And that's probably all the direction they got because Gedo knows how amazing both of them are as workers and he didn't need to lay out every single fucking detail and idiot proof it. He just let them put together the match the way they wanted, and what happened? Probably one of the best matches ever.

Like do WWE agents seriously think AJ fucking Styles and Shinsuke fucking Nakamura need to have their hands held through every aspect of putting together a pro wrestling match? For real? If they can't even figure out that, then its clear they know virtually nothing about them as professionals.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I really don't get why this is constantly the reaction people have.

We all KNOW what big corporations are by now, correct? We all KNOW the tendencies of WWE by now, correct? And that should sure as hell be applied to the wrestlers who actually work for the company too, right? I mean as much as we think we know, they should know infinitely more.

These guys are making the conscious decision to work for WWE and guess what, they'll continue to do that as long as WWE is the #1 wrestling company, and best paying wrestling company. All of these guys KNOW the opportunities in WWE are 20x what they could possibly be anywhere else if wrestling is their chosen career. So guess what? While guys like Nakamura may be able to look better working other places, they're going to be paid 30% of what they make in WWE and will always feel like they're in the "minor leagues."

Any wrestler who wants to make it big (all of them?) are going to be willing to put up with some shit they may not like to work in the WWE. That's just the way it is and until that changes, why should WWE change how they do things? They're #1 and they know it. If guys like Nakamura don't like how they're being used, then they can join the likes of Ryback and start a podcast to whine and complain about it constantly.

News flash; a lot of the time work sucks and doesn't go exactly how you want it to. No difference for wrestlers or office workers. But you suck it up for as long as you're willing to suck it up and either things change for the better at your current job, or you find a new one. Rinse and recycle until you can't work anymore.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Bryan Alvarez says on today's show that the plan is for AJ and Nakamura to stay a tag team for a while.

I refuse to believe this is true. It can't be. Nobody is this moronic.

Reactions: Ace

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
Oh god STFU.

He hasn't lost yet and has looked quite strong in his wins.

Hes gonna be fine HHH loves him.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
He's had 2 fuckin matches SMH

Reactions: egnuldt
1 - 20 of 53 Posts