Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Amen. That promo did more work to put over the WWE Championship than just about anything that has transpired since 2007.

·
Banned
417 Posts
He did a great job. I really can't express any more than that.

That one solid promo made that match seem epic, made the PPV seem at least a little more worth purchasing. John Cena uses emotion with his character, sure, but we're used to it, which bothers people -- they hate repetitiveness. But that promo between him and Roddy and Barrett was the best I have seen in a long time by the WWE's standard.

I just hope some of the youth will take a look at this and realize that a character isn't all about crap talking, looking like a badass, and swagger -- but that their character is actuallly fighting something. The wrestlers put their egos over the title, and don't even really seem to have that burning passion in their eyes like past generations.

Look at the way Eddie and Benoit reacted to finally capturing the gold. You can say time did that to them because it was long overdue, but the way you could see how them (and their character) was fighting for it... just made you want to watch it that much more.

The WWE has so much potential though -- Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk (yes, a former Champ, but he still has his better years behind him), Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre... you've got a group of guys there already decent on the mic and decent in the ring, some great in one aspect and some great in the other. Hopefully, hopefully, we'll find another diamond in the rough between them.

·
Harley's Circus
2,551 Posts
I liked Hot Rod without him this promo would have been pretty bad
He did a terrific job putting over the title.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
they should bring hot rod in teach these young guys how to do promo...you guys should watch this promo which make those 2 guys have a real fued Bret Hart & Stone Cold Steve Austin talk via satellite it's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgRZDaegsw, it's really sad to see today promo not good as back then n and Cena & Orton will never on the same level of Bret-Austin. they could do something like that but failed. how about Rock-Hogan promo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNYDwBQ4XJ4&feature=related

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
this man has more charisma than every current superstar combined. and thats saying ALOT.
I don't know if he has more, but he showed more passion and intensity than anybody I've seen in a long time. I've never in my life been so hooked by a promo. Not even when I was a kid. It made me realize how far WWE has fallen, when an old guy can just walk out and out-do the whole company and leave. It'll be hard to look at the superstars the same.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Both Piper and Cena were fantastic in that segment. Their promo gave me chills.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Hot Rod always seems to do something special on the mic, I was falling asleep last hour until that segement. I miss Piper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts