Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to consistently watch wrestling in years because it's just lacking that unpredictability and intensity. (Something I can find everytime I tune into an MMA event).

The Rock coming back really helped me get back into today's product, but the return of Brock Lesnar has really got me excited as a wrestling fan again. The brawl between Cena and Lesnar was great television, I sincerely can't remember the last time I was so entertained by a segment on RAW.

To me Brock brings back that factor of "unpredictability". When he seemingly broke kayfabe and snapped on Cena it was completely believable that he actually wanted to do harm to Cena. When you can get a smark like myself to wonder "Is this supposed to be happening like this?", I must applaud. The visual of countless WWE wrestlers trying to pry Lesnar out of the ring and away from Cena is quite memorable in my opinion. Not to mention the camera panning to a bloodied and frustrated Cena was great as well. The WWE has been sorely missing a character that brings a sense of intensity and high level athleticism. We all know Brock is a legit bad ass. I remember Goldberg saying "If God could make the perfect warrior, he'd look like Brock Lesnar".. And it's true he just has the "It" factor. Something no one else on the entire roster has imo (excluding Rock, Taker, and HHH for obvious reasons).

Brock losing to Overeem and returning to wrestling is really a nice twist of fate for the WWE (no Jeff hardy). It has gotten a former Attitude Era junkie interested in the current product again. Never knew I was such a Lesnar mark!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.