Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let you guys know ahead of time on what to expect for Friday to Sunday Morning at the earliest degree. A hurricane will be formed by the time Friday happens and I wanted to give you guys the heads up. Also stock on many snacks, water, juice and many many medical supplies just for safe measurements. Good luck to you guys and pray that you plus your families make it out alive.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Re: Florida, Georgia And Tennessee Posters Beware Of An Hurricane In A Week

Mother Nature is helping Florida, Georgia and Tennessee

UNFAIR

Think of all the opportunities for "... Man" and "... Woman" stories coming out of those 3 states thanks to these severe weather conditions

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts

A hurricane around my birthday, if I die I die...bring it on.

·
We're all mad here....
958 Posts

Pfffttt.... 40 years of hurricanes and the only thing I've lost was one flimsy built shed in the backyard. Bring it on!

I'll be outside on the porch drinking margaritas like I always do.

·
Registered
737 Posts

By the time whats left of a Hurricane gets to Tennessee its usually no worse then our random pop up thunderstorms.

·
Registered
904 Posts

I’ve lived thru enough of these but thankfully I’m not in this path. Hope it stays weak and doesn’t flood too bad. Stay safe if you’re in the path!!

Cheshire...I sat in my living room thru Katrina so I kind of have your approach, big ice chest with necessities including cold beer anytime one rolls thru

·
We're all mad here....
958 Posts

Cheshire...I sat in my living room thru Katrina so I kind of have your approach, big ice chest with necessities including cold beer anytime one rolls thru

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Isn't this like the third or fourth major weather event that formed in around the same area over the last few months?

BTW, it's not gonna become a hurricane. Hurricanes don't form inland ...

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts

Isn't this like the third or fourth major weather event that formed in around the same area over the last few months?

BTW, it's not gonna become a hurricane. Hurricanes don't form inland ...
From the look of that last gif, it seems possible that the low pressure system moves out to the gulf of mexico and forms into a tropical system once over open water. It's entirely possible this happens, and it depends on the temperature of the water, whatever wind shear factors exist over the gulf at that time, and just how long the system decides to remain over the gulf.

Here's a current map of the temperatures in the Gulf, which seem to be in the mid 80s, pretty damn warm and favorable for development.

This link shows current surface winds, and the Gulf is relatively quiet in terms of movement right now, so there really isn't any shear which would take place.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-80.24,28.81,637/loc=-90.717,24.972

If anything, I could see this moving over the Gulf, sucking up a lot of this warm water and turning into a decently strong tropical storm. But the main issue here will probably just be heavy rains and flooding. I doubt we'll see any heavy storm surge or wind from this.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

From the look of that last gif, it seems possible that the low pressure system moves out to the gulf of mexico and forms into a tropical system once over open water. It's entirely possible this happens, and it depends on the temperature of the water, whatever wind shear factors exist over the gulf at that time, and just how long the system decides to remain over the gulf.

Here's a current map of the temperatures in the Gulf, which seem to be in the mid 80s, pretty damn warm and favorable for development.

This link shows current surface winds, and the Gulf is relatively quiet in terms of movement right now, so there really isn't any shear which would take place.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-80.24,28.81,637/loc=-90.717,24.972

If anything, I could see this moving over the Gulf, sucking up a lot of this warm water and turning into a decently strong tropical storm. But the main issue here will probably just be heavy rains and flooding. I doubt we'll see any heavy storm surge or wind from this.
Yeah. That I'm aware of but from the looks of things ITT it seems to me like most people are thinking in reverse. That the system is in the gulf currently and moving towards the coast rather than developing inland and moving out to sea.

Now the worst possible scenario is that it reaches the gulf, develops into a hurricane, does a spinaroonie and comes barreling back.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts

Yeah. That I'm aware of but from the looks of things ITT it seems to me like most people are thinking in reverse. That the system is in the gulf currently and moving towards the coast rather than developing inland and moving out to sea.

Now the worst possible scenario is that it reaches the gulf, develops into a hurricane, does a spinaroonie and comes barreling back.
I mean, I can understand why some may be confused, since the majority of storms are just tropical waves off the African coast that make their way westward. This storm in particular is a bit unusual :lol

And I guess they can call it Hurricane Booker if that happens :book

·
Banned
3,623 Posts

Good I live in Tenn and we need some rain.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hurricanes don't ever happen around my part of Tennessee. And even it did, I ain't skerred.
Um..you will start feeling exhaustion once your power goes off for days to weeks. Any tropical storm, depression and hurricane should be treated seriously consider how many people have died from these current events.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

Pfffttt.... 40 years of hurricanes and the only thing I've lost was one flimsy built shed in the backyard. Bring it on!

I'll be outside on the porch drinking margaritas like I always do.
I had 2 hurricanes hit Tampa when I lived there. Hurricane parties are the best. You really are partying like there might not be a tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts

Um..you will start feeling exhaustion once your power goes off for days to weeks. Any tropical storm, depression and hurricane should be treated seriously consider how many people have died from these current events.
Being in Tennessee (crazy far from the coast) they will be fine. Worst case would be without power for a few days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts