Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone feel that in 1999-2000 Test could have been a main-eventer? I mean he came off of a great match with Shane at Summerslam. Then him and Stephanie had the wedding, which we all know what happened. After HHH ruined the wedding, he didn't have any revenge. Then he turned heel and for,ed T&A. Then so on and so forth. I feel Test should have been elevated into a feud with Trips, with Steph eventually turning. Does anyone feel WWE dropped the ball with Test? By the way R.I.P Test.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Ive always wondered that myself actually. Test just sort of died off (no pun intended).

I dont know if he was a guy you would see in the main event a lot, like Orton or Cena. But I'm surprised they never tried giving him pushes. I guess they sort of did in ECW, but by that point, people just didnt really get into him.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I always thought he was shit myself.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I was a fan of him throughout all of his runs in the wwe. Even in the new ecw. I personally wish he was given a bigger push then he did. Going to be missed for sure :(

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
i was a huge test mark, so ive been saying since i was a kid that he should of been the one to take down the Mcmahon-Helmsly faction

The fans were ready to get behind him and despite popular opinion test was good in the ring and good on the mic, especially in the Hardcore happy environment at the time

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I was more of a fan of Test when he was in ECW. Not because of what he accomplished (nothing) but because of how WWE repackaged him. My expectations where high on him until WWE released him for no reason. He could have been a real impact to the brand. =[

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I swear during the invasion angle it seemed like they were getting him ready to be a maineventer. It actually seemed to me like they were planting the seeds of a fued with HHH once he came back from injury. They kept him strong throughout the whole invasion(RVD,Test,and Rhyno were kept the strongest, and were ironically all used by Stephanie to beat Y2J)), even calling him the 'Alliance MVP'. I'll never forget when he and Stephanie shook hands(basically burying the old hatchet) they zoomed in on the handshake as if it was going to mean something in the future(Her taking Tests side against HHH, but it never happened).

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
I agree with Mister Mystery Man. I think Test was amazing during the alliance invasion angle. He had a GREAT feud with Edge that produced some good matches. And the guy was very entertaining at the time, athletic compared to most other big men, could talk when he had to, definitely could put on good matches. He definitely could have been a great main eventer in 2002 after the Alliance lost to team WWF, but they let his push kind of fade with the downfall of the alliance.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
I was more of a fan of Test when he was in ECW. Not because of what he accomplished (nothing) but because of how WWE repackaged him. My expectations where high on him until WWE released him for no reason. He could have been a real impact to the brand. =[
no reason?

no disrespect but they released him cause he was roided out, TNA released him too

·
Registered
683 Posts
They were repeatedly giving him trial pushes, weren't they?

I could never give a sh!t about him and his big boot... that being said, he looked pretty bad in ECW, wasn't a big surprise when he died.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I was a big fan of Test. He always looked completely badass, and the guy could work well too. I found myself wanting him to go further, but he never really made it past the midcard.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
He was terrible in the ring and had to be carried by vastly superior workers. The Shane match at Summerslam '99 is insanely overrated. As a hardcore soap opera spectacle, it's okay, but nothing beyond that. Test was carried by guys like Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Triple H and when he was separated from the better workers, the results were uniformly abysmal.

He blew simple armdrags and every time he cut a promo he sounded like he had asthma, a mouthful of peanut butter and was mentally out to lunch.

There were stretches of time when he was over with the fans, but in the long run he would have flopped as a main-eventer.

He was continually kept strong and given trial run pushes but nothing came of it. Ironically, it was his old T&A partner Albert/A-Train who turned out to be a solid worker. Unfortunately for him he could never quite make anything of himself in the long run in WWE, but he remade himself in Japan quite successfully.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts