Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (AP) — The "Men in Black" franchise has a new recruit who isn't a man, but actress Tessa Thompson is fine with keeping the film's masculine-centered title — for now.

Joined by co-star Chris Hemsworth on a black carpet, Thompson shrugged off the gender issue at the world premiere of "Men in Black: International" on Tuesday in New York.

But if the series continues, Thompson has some ideas for a title change — like 'People in Black' or 'Humans in Black'

She says she hopes society gets to a place "where it's not noteworthy when women topline these films."
https://abc6onyourside.com/news/entertainment/tessa-thompson-is-ok-with-the-men-in-black-title-for-now

Another day, another moronic celebrity pushing libtard feminist trash fpalm

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I agree that the franchise needs to end

Reactions: Rated-R-Peepz

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Yeah, because this franchise is going to continue

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,825 Posts
huMAN. MANkind. All MEN are created equal. These words aren't about gender, they're about all of us as a group. How is this lost of people these days? They tried to make this type of stuff an issue decades ago but that was DECADES AGO. This is not the place or a reason to crusade.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Ideally the franchise ends here, the first one was the only truly good one.

If she had any issue with the name of the movie why'd she sign on to it?
Mib 3 where they go back in time and meet young Tommy Lee Jones aka Josh Brolin lol was alright. MiB 2 was fairly trash

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Worst thing is this shit is probably only going to progress even further. I cant see society collectively going "wtf were we thinking?" at some point and just rolling everything back to how it was before we went crazy. In all likelihood we are at a point of no return now.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,395 Posts
Mib 3 where they go back in time and meet young Tommy Lee Jones aka Josh Brolin lol was alright. MiB 2 was fairly trash
Yeah, actually MIB 3 was good, not as good as the original though.

I've long thought that the real magic of the original MITB was Vincent D'Onofrio as the Cockroach alien. The guy stole every scene he was in with how well he played that role. And none of the movies since had had that magic.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
They should change the name of her 30% RT movie to People in Black to avoid being associated with the actual Men in Black movies. Women like her with zero acting skills have to make outrageous political statements to stay relevant.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,318 Posts
I don't understand how people fail to understand the context of words, such as "manpower", that doesn't mean it's only referring to men. FFS these people probably take "horsepower" as a literal term.

I've never liked Tessa, her and her cohorts just say the dumbest, most tiring things. Her acting isn't very good and she's nothing special in any regard.

Ideally the franchise ends here, the first one was the only truly good one.

If she had any issue with the name of the movie why'd she sign on to it?
Because virtue signaling doesn't pay the bills.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts