Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Impact getting slagged for something any other company with a spine would do. Impact throughout the last week plus who actually come out looking better, legit sacked everyone involved with that disgusting behaviour, now this.

AEW & WWE marks making many excuses why it's fine to sign her, Impact legit stood by her to face the company, even with all the bullshit going on at the time...then all she did was to tell the company is to go fuck itself.

She's a disgrace to her profession, no matter what company you prefer, what she has done is just pure wrong.

·
Registered
271 Posts
PWInsider said that Tessa actually tried to strongarm Impact to get more money given that she had the title and her contract was ending and they went screw that and fired her.

Still, I think it's their fault for being stupid. When you make someone your Champ, make sure you have that person on contract for many years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For some reason I think she was gonna drop the title at Rebellion but not take the loss. Elgin would have pinned Eddie. Taking the title off Tessa, but then Covid happened.

I think its a bad move on her part not honoring her commitment with the taped segments. Her contract running out before Slammiverary is on Impact. Unless they already had an agreement in place that she would work it.

Honestly I have not missed her not being on Impact tv.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Impact legit put their reputation on the line for Tessa, they need to book that area better but to blame Impact for her being an utter cunt, it's hardly fair.

Wrestling is apparently big on morals, she's broke them all with this. She will end up in AEW because politics, Good luck Tony Khan getting yourself out of that hole. If she thinks she can get better booked than IMPACT, good luck...

·
Registered
530 Posts
and what about Tessa'a fiancee Daga? I'm curious how this works out for Impact. If he wants out I see no reason to keep him around.
Hours before this came out he said how much he missed IMPACT, so my guess is he has no intentions of leaving (just a bit coincidental isn't it?). He definitely shouldn't screw his career over for Tessa's stupidity.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Impact is not having much luck with their world champion history. It’s like 2017 Alberto Del Rio all over again with this drama. Clearly not betting the right way...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Reports coming out is that Tessa was not fired, but her contract has run out and that Impact + Tessa could not come to terms on. I know it is a very unpopular opinion due to her shitty past, but I would still want her to show up in AEW. Since her dad found god many years ago, he can try to keep her on a short lease.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Reports coming out is that Tessa was not fired, but her contract has run out and that Impact + Tessa could not come to terms on. I know it is a very unpopular opinion due to her shitty past, but I would still want her to show up in AEW. Since her dad found god many years ago, he can try to keep her on a short lease.
Her deal was set to expire on 6/30, but it was pretty much made clear that Tessa wasn't coming so they terminated her deal. So she was fired, but either way it's a matter of a few days.

One day, Tessa will be in WWE or AEW. She's too talented not too. But in the wake of the speaking out movement and the fact there is still a pandemic going on, I wouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I imagine this is somewhat a tricky situation. On one hand because of whats going on worldwide could Tessa even go to the event and compete in the ppv being in Mexico? Would Mexico allow her to travel into the US or Texas to get to wherever she needed to go? She probably though why waste time doing work on something I cant participate in.

On the other hand, gurrrll... I dont know what kind of promo videos Impact wanted but im sure it was minimal effort of maybe just shoot a video of you talking shit that your the champion and send it to someone in impact digitally. Thats it. Little effort if thats all Impact wanted.

Who the hell is gonna take Tessa now? Surly neither WWE or AEW. Maybe ROH, NWA or Lucha Underground in Mexico or MLW. These are the 4 companies that might take a gamble on Tessa given her reputation.

Shame to cause shes a great wrestler would love to see Sasha vs Tessa someday and they both teased it online to that theyll have a match one day

·
Registered
271 Posts
Impact legit put their reputation on the line for Tessa, they need to book that area better but to blame Impact for her being an utter cunt, it's hardly fair.

Wrestling is apparently big on morals, she's broke them all with this. She will end up in AEW because politics, Good luck Tony Khan getting yourself out of that hole. If she thinks she can get better booked than IMPACT, good luck...
It's not the first time this happened with them. They made champ someone problematic(something did come out the day before she became Champ) who that was only a few months on contract. WWE never does that unless it's Brock but they have the money to overpay him when his deals ends.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's not the first time this happened with them. They made champ someone problematic(something did come out the day before she became Champ) who that was only a few months on contract. WWE never does that unless it's Brock but they have the money to overpay him when his deals ends.
it happens...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Colohue is not that reliable (that's why he had to go to sportskeeda I assume, he was at pwtorch before). However also Meltzer and McCarthy from Talksport* both reported WWE is interested in Tessa.
Seems I was wrong and they are willing to go for the risk. I guess even Tessa, as much as she may be a pain in the ass to other people, would not that randomly burn the bridge with Impact if she has no other plans ready.

*McCarthy is not that well known, one of these new journalists that pretty much writes just pr for wwe and is allowed to interview their talents and so on. But for that reason he wouldn't spread a rumour wwe didn't told him.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'd still take this WWE interest in Tessa with a grain of salt. Meltzer's source on this is most likely Tessa like it has been for the last several years when he would be saying that Tessa signing with WWE is imminent. I can't speak for the other two guys since I really don't know who they are.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts