Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Shes clearly a cancer and unprofessional so Impact did the right thing by firing her. Now shes blacklisted from the major companies and she will be stuck doing indies since WWE doesn't want her, Impact doesn't want her, and AEW likely doesn't want her.

Do you think NXT should take a flyer on her, just hypothetically since they've passed on her before due to her cuntyness.
Nope won't happen now that she got fired from Impact for being a cancer.

Interesting.

I had a feeling for starters she wasn't going to make it to Slammiversary, unless they held it in Mexico. But with Pentagon Jr. now back in AEW, I thought ok there's no excuses now,.

This is going to be a big loss to Impact. If I were AEW I would sign her. I think she would prefer to goto AEW rather than goto WWE. Still, if somehow she signed with NXT I would mark.

If she signs with AEW, I hope they let her keep her Undeniable theme.
Its not a big loss for Impact and it wouldn't be a big gain for AEW either since shes a toxic individual. AEW should stay as far away from her as possible. Impact did the right thing and will be fine without her.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,147 Posts
Cancel Culture going to follow Tessa wherever she goes until she is blacklisted by the industry.
Well she probably shouldn't have burned bridges with the only company and fan base okay with having a racist as their world champion.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Well she probably shouldn't have burned bridges with the only company and fan base okay with having a racist as their world champion.
What benefit would there be to send a promo to build to a match or show that she has no intention of attending?

Why should she risk contracting a potentially fatal virus? How is caring more about that than wrestling a match or sending pointless promos that are leading to nothing burning a bridge?

Bet they're regretting making her world champion now.

Because she's choosing her health over her job? Nobody could have foreseen how she would act during a pandemic.

Cancel Culture going to follow Tessa wherever she goes until she is blacklisted by the industry.
It didn't even stop Impact from making her World Champion.

It isn't even stopping AEW or WWE from continuing to employ and use people who have been accused of saying or doing heinous things.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Cannot say I'm surprised. Rumors were she and Impact management had had a falling out, and given her rep, they probably saw her as more trouble than she was worth.

Ironic because even early this year, she supposedly had a really good relationship with them and they pushed her as THE star in the company, so it went south really fast it would seem.

For as talented as she is, she's going to end up destroying her own career if she doesn't change her ways soon.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Cannot say I'm surprised. Rumors were she and Impact management had had a falling out, and given her rep, they probably saw her as more trouble than she was worth.

Ironic because even early this year, she supposedly had a really good relationship with them and they pushed her as THE star in the company, so it went south really fast it would seem.

For as talented as she is, she's going to end up destroying her own career if she doesn't change her ways soon.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet her contract was coming up BEFORE Slammiversary. So I'm not sure that this isn't just a move for the sake of not looking like their World Champion walked on them and to not get the Jeff Jarrett treatment by being taken advantage of.

She undoubtedly has some growing up to do but far more unprofessional people than her have made big it in wrestling(i.e. pretty much everyone).

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am absolutely gobsmacked with all of this, up until COVID-19 there has not been an issue at all with her, infact they had nothing but praise.

Something has seriously broken down here, IMPACT from those who don't watch gets a lot of shit still, but they sure don't take any bullshit when talents step out of line badly. As I said last night, I can't actually say I missed her at all on T.V.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I understand both sides and its a shame covid has impacted her reign and now run in Impact. I was looking forward to the 3 Way vs Edwards & Elgin and then the 5 Way at Slammiversary so it's a shame both never happened.

Tessa has been known as hard to deal with but Impact did know this. From their end though, they have only asked for some video promos and her being the current world champ and face of the company, she should of done it.

My only worry is that they need to sort out what they are doing with Elgin as you could have same situation again. They have done similar with El Patron and then the Aries problem in last few years so please sort Elgin out before they decide to re-enter him in title picture. If he's staying, they have to stick with him as I can see bad press coming and then again, him getting released and by then he'll also probably be world champion.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
A great talent but it seems like her attitude will cause her problems in getting a prominent position in a major wrestling company. I mean, I don't blame her for being wary of wrestling during a pandemic but her way in handling this situation and others is a sign of big maturity problems.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
544 Posts
I understand both sides and its a shame covid has impacted her reign and now run in Impact. I was looking forward to the 3 Way vs Edwards & Elgin and then the 5 Way at Slammiversary so it's a shame both never happened.

Tessa has been known as hard to deal with but Impact did know this. From their end though, they have only asked for some video promos and her being the current world champ and face of the company, she should of done it.

My only worry is that they need to sort out what they are doing with Elgin as you could have same situation again. They have done similar with El Patron and then the Aries problem in last few years so please sort Elgin out before they decide to re-enter him in title picture. If he's staying, they have to stick with him as I can see bad press coming and then again, him getting released and by then he'll also probably be world champion.
Elgin is suspended, so he won't be World Champ unless they're 100% certain the allegations of him are 'not that bad'. I get a feeling Moose is leaving Slammi as the World Champion (officially).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet her contract was coming up BEFORE Slammiversary. So I'm not sure that this isn't just a move for the sake of not looking like their World Champion walked on them and to not get the Jeff Jarrett treatment by being taken advantage of.

She undoubtedly has some growing up to do but far more unprofessional people than her have made big it in wrestling(i.e. pretty much everyone).
Dude she got fired for not sending promos in to hype the match which was reported by PWInsider.

Shes not going to make it "big" in wrestling since shes burned bridges with 3 companies shes been with already. Shes blacklisted from WWE, Impact, and Stardom for being a cancer.

Isn't she currently signed with AAA? AAA/AEW might be her future.
Shes not going to AEW and if she is then AEW can now experience her terrible and toxic behavior.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
What a piece of trash. She was made to look like a million bucks by male wrestlers who went out of their way to hurt their own credibility in the process. Hope this midget no longer gets the special treatment.

·
Registered
427 Posts
When I first read the story about Tessa being fired I was shocked. Then five minutes later after realizing the incidents and reputation she's had over the years...

I'd definitely listen to Tessa's side of the story but Impact Wrestling put the World Belt on a woman knowing people would criticize them but they still did it and seemed to back Tessa.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Dude she got fired for not sending promos in to hype the match which was reported by PWInsider.

Shes not going to make it "big" in wrestling since shes burned bridges with 3 companies shes been with already. Shes blacklisted from WWE, Impact, and Stardom for being a cancer.

Shes not going to AEW and if she is then AEW can now experience her terrible and toxic behavior.

it says right in that article that her contract was up before slammiversary.

I never once said that there wasn't other factors involved in the situation but there is SEEMINGLY more to the situation than just that. But what information you want to believe and from what source is up to you.

In wrestling, much like in sports if you re good at it SOMEONE will take a flyer on you in hopes that you have changed or in hopes that they can fix you. She's young she has time to redeem herself. Am I saying that it's imminent? No, I a not but the potential for it to happen is there.

My biggest question is why were they even advertising her for a match at a show that she allegedly wasn't going to be under contract for? Why would she bother promoting a match that it's likely that even if she were under contract for the show she wasn't going to risk contracting a potentially fatal virus to perform at?

Again there is no attempt here to absolve her of her more than obvious shortcomings, but there is seemingly(and again depending on what reports you put your stock in) a lot more to unpack than simply not sending in promos for a match(that with the current situation and her actions throughout the duration of it and the rapid increase in cases recently in the United States) there would have been no reason for them to believe she would even be at the show in the first place. This is a company that still put their World Title on her during a racism scandal and this is their line, is that not odd to you?

Though a point I made earlier on the state of the wrestling industry still stands companies like AEW and WWE and even IMPACT isn't giving in entirely to cancel culture as evidenced by things like Tessa not losing her job in January, Elgin not losing his job, Riddle and Dream etc. in WWE, and Havoc, Guevara in AEW. And that historically it has always been an industry where the strangest things happen however unlikely they may be. All my point really is that I would not be the least bit shocked if somewhere down the line(who knows how far down the line) Tessa Blanchard finds an opportunity to live up to her obvious potential.

Guys like Antonio Brown keep getting opportunities or drawing interest from teams even now with all the baggage associated with him there are certain industries where opportunities keep materializing for people with talent or potential regardless of that baggage and wrestling is one of them.

·
Registered
900 Posts
She has a buzz so Im sure someone will sign her. Probably will paint her as misunderstood or Impact being a toxic environment. She’ll be working somewhere else soon
I assume they will watch the discussions closely. Normally this would be possible. AEW/WWE would just send to Meltzer/Satin and other goons some rumours that would mudden the water (if they step especially low they could even use the "social media pundits"). They could go easily go the "Tessa made some mistakes.., but also the people around her are dicks and she was in a bad situation"-route. Then write a PR apology for Tessa that she will copy.

But in the current atmosphere I don't think that's possible. Impact is not big enough, Tessa is outside the Impact-fanbase pretty much only for these rumours known. My predictions is the big companies will watch and in the end decide it's not worth the PR risk for the moment.

----
Hard to rescue this match now. My idea would be make a tournament/royale/gauntlet etc. match at start with the winners going for the title. There are still some good people Impact can use. Fallah Bah, Willie Mack and Tenille Dashwood is back from Australia and probably ready.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I assume they will watch the discussions closely. Normally this would be possible. AEW/WWE would just send to Meltzer/Satin and other goons some rumours that would mudden the water (if they step especially low they could even use the "social media pundits"). They could go easily go the "Tessa made some mistakes.., but also the people around her are dicks and she was in a bad situation"-route. Then write a PR apology for Tessa that she will copy.

But in the current atmosphere I don't think that's possible. Impact is not big enough, Tessa is outside the Impact-fanbase pretty much only for these rumours known. My predictions is the big companies will watch and in the end decide it's not worth the PR risk for the moment.

----
Hard to rescue this match now. My idea would be make a tournament/royale/gauntlet etc. match at start with the winners going for the title. There are still some good people Impact can use. Fallah Bah, Willie Mack and Tenille Dashwood is back from Australia and probably ready.
A company wouldn't even have to spin it as long as they are willing to bear the weight of the baggage associated with someone in hopes of being on the right side(or reaping the benefits) of someone's redemption.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,520 Posts
With her attitude and not wanting to do the honors of dropping the belt to the next guy is fucked up. You signed up to TNA Wrestling knowing what have to do when your reign goes stale, give it to the next guy. Also her racist ass can stay out of AEW and WWE.

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts

No, it's not a just move.
They asked her for a promo video. Nothing risky about that. She refused. She got fired. 1000% fair.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

it says right in that article that her contract was up before slammiversary.

I never once said that there wasn't other factors involved in the situation but there is SEEMINGLY more to the situation than just that. But what information you want to believe and from what source is up to you.

In wrestling, much like in sports if you re good at it SOMEONE will take a flyer on you in hopes that you have changed or in hopes that they can fix you. She's young she has time to redeem herself. Am I saying that it's imminent? No, I a not but the potential for it to happen is there.

My biggest question is why were they even advertising her for a match at a show that she allegedly wasn't going to be under contract for? Why would she bother promoting a match that it's likely that even if she were under contract for the show she wasn't going to risk contracting a potentially fatal virus to perform at?

Again there is no attempt here to absolve her of her more than obvious shortcomings, but there is seemingly(and again depending on what reports you put your stock in) a lot more to unpack than simply not sending in promos for a match(that with the current situation and her actions throughout the duration of it and the rapid increase in cases recently in the United States) there would have been no reason for them to believe she would even be at the show in the first place. This is a company that still put their World Title on her during a racism scandal and this is their line, is that not odd to you?

Though a point I made earlier on the state of the wrestling industry still stands companies like AEW and WWE and even IMPACT isn't giving in entirely to cancel culture as evidenced by things like Tessa not losing her job in January, Elgin not losing his job, Riddle and Dream etc. in WWE, and Havoc, Guevara in AEW. And that historically it has always been an industry where the strangest things happen however unlikely they may be. All my point really is that I would not be the least bit shocked if somewhere down the line(who knows how far down the line) Tessa Blanchard finds an opportunity to live up to her obvious potential.

Guys like Antonio Brown keep getting opportunities or drawing interest from teams even now with all the baggage associated with him there are certain industries where opportunities keep materializing for people with talent or potential regardless of that baggage and wrestling is one of them.
IMPACT WRESTLING TERMINATES TESSA BLANCHARD, STRIPS HER OF IMPACT CHAMPIONSHIP
By Mike Johnson on 2020-06-25 22:10:00
Impact Wrestling announced this evening that it has terminated the contract of reigning Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard and has stripped her of the title.
Impact’s statement reads as follows:
“Impact Wrestling confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the Impact Wrestling World Championship.”
Blanchard had not competed for the promotion since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. She had been slated to return to the company at the 7/18 Slammiversary PPV in Nashville, defending against four challengers, Trey Miguel, Eddie Edwards, Ace Austin and a fourth competitor originally slated to be Michael Elgin, who will not compete unless the company clears him from the suspension that was announced earlier this week.
Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.
Blanchard, 24 years old, is the daughter of Tully Blanchard and the step-daughter of Magnum TA. She debuted for Impact in 2018 and ascended to the Impact Wrestling Championship, winning the belt from Sami Callihan at the Hard to Kill PPV.
There is no word that Blanchard’s departure from Impact means for her fiancé Daga, who we are told remains under what is described as a “multi-year” Impact contract.
PWInsider.com has reached out to Blanchard for comment on her departure from Impact and will update upon her response.

It literally says that she was fired for not sending promos in and her contract expiring had nothing to do with her firing.

Shes had MULPITLE chances to change and hasn't changed yet and will never change no matter what.

They obviously thought she was going to show up but she didn't want to so they fired her.

They put the title on her thinking she changed but they were wrong and that has nothing to do with her actions of not coming back to fulfill her contract obligations.

Dude shes going to be stuck doing indie shows and AAA shows because no one else will puck her up. I mean shes been blackballed and blacklisted from.WWE, Impact, and Stardom for being a cancer and hard to work with. Shes done.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts