Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,604 Posts
Impact Wrestling announced this evening that it has terminated the contract of reigning Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard and has stripped her of the title.

Impact’s statement reads as follows:

“Impact Wrestling confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the Impact Wrestling World Championship.”

Blanchard had not competed for the promotion since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. She had been slated to return to the company at the 7/18 Slammiversary PPV in Nashville, defending against four challengers, Trey Miguel, Eddie Edwards, Ace Austin and a fourth competitor originally slated to be Michael Elgin, who will not compete unless the company clears him from the suspension that was announced earlier this week.

Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms, leading to Impact opting to cut bait and move forward.

Blanchard, 24 years old, is the daughter of Tully Blanchard and the step-daughter of Magnum TA. She debuted for Impact in 2018 and ascended to the Impact Wrestling Championship, winning the belt from Sami Callihan at the Hard to Kill PPV.

There is no word that Blanchard’s departure from Impact means for her fiancé Daga, who we are told remains under what is described as a “multi-year” Impact Wrestling contract.

PWInsider.com has reached out to Blanchard for comment on her departure from Impact and will update upon her response.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will honestly be surprised if some major companies sign her now. She is a great talent but not easy to work with and has reputation of being an ass behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Unlike with Sasha, there is a ton of evidence pointing to Blanchard being a nightmare to work with. But im sure she’ll get a big ole pass from everyone on here.

Impact went out on a limb by making her their first female world champ and she couldnt even be bothered to send in some prerecorded promos? Thats kind of fucked up

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Interesting.

I had a feeling for starters she wasn't going to make it to Slammiversary, unless they held it in Mexico. But with Pentagon Jr. now back in AEW, I thought ok there's no excuses now,.

This is going to be a big loss to Impact. If I were AEW I would sign her. I think she would prefer to goto AEW rather than goto WWE. Still, if somehow she signed with NXT I would mark.

If she signs with AEW, I hope they let her keep her Undeniable theme.

·
The EST of NXT
28,674 Posts
Do you think NXT should take a flyer on her, just hypothetically since they've passed on her before due to her cuntyness.
Lol, FUCK NO! WWE is terrified of bad publicity, and signing her in the midst of the #SpeakingOut movement would be a complete disaster.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Interesting.

I had a feeling for starters she wasn't going to make it to Slammiversary, unless they held it in Mexico. But with Pentagon Jr. now back in AEW, I thought ok there's no excuses now,.

This is going to be a big loss to Impact. If I were AEW I would sign her. I think she would prefer to goto AEW rather than goto WWE. Still, if somehow she signed with NXT I would mark.

If she signs with AEW, I hope they let her keep her Undeniable theme.
how can aew sign her when khan turned around and said "hogans are banned from my company" for comments made by people who don't work for the company, but then again they have the bigoted racist jack swagger working for them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope AEW doesn't sign her.
Signing someone like CM Punk would be worth, but people like her, Aries and Teddy Hart aren't worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Lol, FUCK NO! WWE is terrified of bad publicity, and signing her in the midst of the #SpeakingOut movement would be a complete disaster.
I don't know how true that is. PR would suck but it isn't like they aren't already a company that currently employs to some degree or another noted racist and pretty awful human being Hulk Hogan, ditto Lars Sullivan and continues to employ despite recent allegations leveled towards them both Velveteen Dream and Matt Riddle(who was just featured prominently a week ago on SD). So let's not act like WWE is all that WORRIED about negative PR(also the whole Saudi deal and also the boondoggle of talents becoming "stranded" there).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts