Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s being reported that Tessa Blanchard being fired from IMPACT Wrestling led to changes to some big debuts on Slammiversary last night.

With the non-compete clauses of the WWE stars who were released on April 15 ending yesterday, several stars appeared on Slammiversary including Heath Slater, Eric Young and EC3.

Before the show, the promotion announced that Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows had signed, but they had some pretty big plans involving Tessa Blanchard to make an immediate mark.

Wrestling Inc reports the original plan was for the Good Brothers to attack Blanchard during the World Title main event. This was said to be the duo’s idea in an attempt to get instant heat.

This of course didn’t happen because Blanchard was fired from the promotion and stripped of the title last month after several issues between the two parties. Eddie Edwards ended up winning the main event and is now the IMPACT World Champion.

Anderson and Gallows’ contracts do allow them to also work for NJPW so that could be something to look out for. Their Talk ‘N Shop-A-Mania show also airs on August 1.
Source: Tessa Blanchard Firing Changed Big IMPACT Debut Plans | WrestleTalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't know that them attacking Blanchard would have given them "instant heat". Imagine having to have two guys beating her for a girl to lose the title against other men. She is not Brock Lesnar. We were sparred of having seen horrible insulting booking.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Honestly a female World Champion would turn me away from supporting the company. Edwards is the right choice.

Imagine a feud between EY and Tessa. Oof.
Agree 100%. It's one of the main reasons I couldn't take them seriously and had no desire to watch them. Once she was gone is when I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did! Seems like we both discovered Impact about the same time. We both got disappointed by the direction A E Dub was going and found ourselves a pot of gold.

·
Registered
710 Posts
They should sue her to get the belt back and blackball her from IMPACT that form of extortion should not be tolerated and probably wouldn't if Jeff Jarrett was still in charge .

·
Registered
484 Posts
They should sue her to get the belt back and blackball her from IMPACT that form of extortion should not be tolerated and probably wouldn't if Jeff Jarrett was still in charge .
Yea I do not understand how this is allowed to continue. She doesn't own it. The moment she steps foot in the US, they should get it back whatever it takes just on principle. (but like I said the real title is the old school one that Moose wears anyway)

·
Registered
484 Posts
This won't look good on her resume doubt if any major promotion will hire her guess it's back to WOW.
I mean they went over backwards to make her shine, making a woman the men World Champ. It had never happened before in wrestling history. And a lot of male wrestlers went to bat for her putting her over, maybe looking foolish in the process(Cage, Sami, etc..). Not only she then tried to hold the company hostage but she demanded a fortune for them to get their title back! That is the lowest of low. She made every women look bad. With this situation plus all the other times she no showed or demanded more money to small promoters and all her actions toward other women, etc...She should be blackballed forever from wrestling.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I mean they went over backwards to make her shine, making a woman the men World Champ. I had never happened before in wrestling history.
Do you mean full on companies or do ones just made for a TV show count? Because Sexy Star was the top champion in Lucha Underground in 2016.

·
Premium Member
10,994 Posts
Tessa is every bit of a sociopath as described early on when all the women came out to attack her before she won the world title in TNA, making the entire company the joke of the industry.
TNA should get the title back and Tessa should never be seen in a respectable company again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't think Jeff and certainly not Jerry would've tolerated someone who was just stripped of a championship holding said belt for ransom.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Apparently Tessa was not holding the belt hostage and will be sending it back. She simply did not have the proper address to send it to.

She was only holding the company hostage in hopes of getting a big payday to drop the belt.

·
Registered
710 Posts
True but some how since it would've been his company and it involved the worlds title not a secondary title that was basically treated like a joke that sort of thing wouldn't fly but enough about JJ at least with Eddie Edwards the worlds championship can once again be taken serious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts