Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
TheGunnShow said:
MLW doesn't have a women's division. Maybe she'll be involved in the new Federacion Wrestling promotion, or ROH since they have a women's tournament coming up.
Federaction Wrestling are paying big bucks, so her and Daga signing for them but being free to work in the U.S. is possible. They've signed Andrade and are using ROH's set of talented luchadores.

According to Meltzer, they're offering $10,000-per-appearance, more than CMLL and AAA who offer around $7,000-per-appearance.

AEW seems to have some sort of agreement with them, since Tay Conti, the Lucha Bros (who also work for AAA, so idk) and Red Velvet are appearing on their debut show.

This is a show I'd pay to watch... that semi main event is essentially AEW vs. ROH even though AEW and ROH don't work together. Very interesting politically.

• Shocko/Barrabas vs Futuro/Brillante Jr.
  • Rey Horus vs Flamita vs TBA
  • Red Velvet/Miranda Alize/Zeuxis vs Tay Conti/Ayako Hamada/TBA
  • Torneo Copa Federacion Wrestling
  • Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr / Rey Fenix) vs Dragón Lee/Bandido
  • Main Event: LFI (Rush/Bestia del Ring/Andrade and one surprise) vs Matt Taven, PJ Black and two more surprises

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,096 Posts
I've always heard speculation that she bullied and used a racial slur, which she adamantly denied when it came out. Was just curious if any proof came out that she actually did these things, or is it just their word against hers? I just don't know if this is comparable to the Hulk Hogan situation, because there is proof of his indiscretions.

Do you know what the wrestling business would be if you blacklisted all bullies and people who have used racial slurs?

There wouldn't be one.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Federaction Wrestling are paying big bucks, so her and Daga signing for them but being free to work in the U.S. is possible. They've signed Andrade and are using ROH's set of talented luchadores.

According to Meltzer, they're offering $10,000-per-appearance, more than CMLL and AAA who offer around $7,000-per-appearance.

AEW seems to have some sort of agreement with them, since Tay Conti, the Lucha Bros (who also work for AAA, so idk) and Red Velvet are appearing on their debut show.

This is a show I'd pay to watch... that semi main event is essentially AEW vs. ROH even though AEW and ROH don't work together. Very interesting politically.

• Shocko/Barrabas vs Futuro/Brillante Jr.
  • Rey Horus vs Flamita vs TBA
  • Red Velvet/Miranda Alize/Zeuxis vs Tay Conti/Ayako Hamada/TBA
  • Torneo Copa Federacion Wrestling
  • Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr / Rey Fenix) vs Dragón Lee/Bandido
  • Main Event: LFI (Rush/Bestia del Ring/Andrade and one surprise) vs Matt Taven, PJ Black and two more surprises
That card is fire. I’d pay to watch Andrade on AEW (well, I’m already paying...)

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Tessa Blanchard is definitely someone you have to be real careful booking. She was Impact World Champion, so that makes her by far kayfabe #1 woman at the time of her inactivity. Also, Kenny Omega is the current Impact World Champion. So, you really have to tread carefully so Tessa doesn't:

-get buried
-bury Kenny Omega
-bury the AEW women's division and all the hard work the talent has put in to improve

I guess one path to take is to have her "Brock Lesnar" the division until she runs into Jade? Or maybe give her a "ring rust" gimmick where Britt Baker or Thunder Rosa steals a win from her early?

4,639 Posts
I'm neutral on these potential signings. Daga has talent but he's never captured my imagination. Tessa is Tessa, with both good and bad aspects.

Wherever Tessa ends up, I hope she's reflected and worked on her attitude. I'm not talking about one incident that garners a lot of attention but her overall way of dealing with issues that she'll repeatedly encounter in professional wrestling. Unless she gives me renewed reason to feel otherwise, while I'm not a supporter, I still wish her the best as she does have skill, and a name, that she can leverage into a solid career.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
And they were all shit wrestlers. Was Tessa just demanding?

Is it anything more than what has gone on in men's lockerrooms? Is this a case where men fight it out and it's over whereas women stew for ever? Male bullies are physical where women bullies are verbal/mean girls shit? She and Ivelisse had a run in in Lucha Underground in 2016 where she was injured during the dark match (broke her collarbone) and Ivie still kept working the body spot the rest of the match.
i don‘t think they were all shit wrestlers

wasn’t Kay and Thunder two of them?

ps> not that is matters - as i said, only her peers can judge if she changed

if she ends up in aew, i don’t think she’ll last long if she didn’t

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sigh So many people in here are cheering for AEW to sign Tessa just to "shove it" in the face of others. Should others shove the fact that she hasn't been signed in over a year because of what she's done?

Seriously though, I'm not against AEW signing Tessa however, I think she should go on a short redemption tour to show people she's changed. And I'm glad someone correctly stated that this isn't just about racism. Tessa has been accused of bullying and using her position on the card to hold others down.

This ain't the 80s anymore! Wrestling has changed and locker rooms are more tightknit now. People won't tolerate BS. The fact that people are excusing racism and bullying because someone is good at choreographed fighting says a lot. A guy in this thread said, "so what she called someone the n-word? It's just a word."

I'm willing to bet that person wasn't a P.O.C. so of course, they don't care.

I personally don't believe that report. Seems as if people have forgotten that AEW, who barely releases people just let go Ivelisse, who also has a bad reputation. I think they'll look at that and be even more apprehensive to sign her.

However, with that being said, if TK has talked to his talent about the situation and they're okay with it then fine. I don't recommend bringing in someone who can cause locker room problems and not alerting the talent; no matter how many people here say "F" what the talent thinks.

And those saying Tessa's not racist because she was with Ricochet and is now with Daga.... Meet Stephanie from NY...She called a Starbucks employee the n-word while patronizing the place with her BIRACIAL children.

Manhattan woman defends use of racial slur in now-viral bakery rant

I've always heard speculation that she bullied and used a racial slur, which she adamantly denied when it came out. Was just curious if any proof came out that she actually did these things, or is it just their word against hers? I just don't know if this is comparable to the Hulk Hogan situation, because there is proof of his indiscretions.
If proof means having audio or video of encounters then no. I notice that it's Tessa "Fans" that always challenge the burden of proof even though six women, some of whom are in major promotions, and a trainer from WOW have all stated similar things about Tessa.

Very few question Ivelisse's reputation, and eyewitness testimony is admissible evidence in the court of law, not sure why 7 people have their character questioned in reference to a person that has had issues everywhere she has gone.

And you're right, Tessa denied it. However, those in Japan at that time all stated the same story. And her friends like Moose and Diamante responded with things like, "people are allowed to change". Hardly a, "she never said that" type response.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,096 Posts
Sigh So many people in here are cheering for AEW to sign Tessa just to "shove it" in the face of others. Should others shove the fact that she hasn't been signed in over a year because of what she's done?

Seriously though, I'm not against AEW signing Tessa however, I think she should go on a short redemption tour to show people she's changed. And I'm glad someone correctly stated that this isn't just about racism. Tessa has been accused of bullying and using her position on the card to hold others down.

This ain't the 80s anymore! Wrestling has changed and locker rooms are more tightknit now. People won't tolerate BS. The fact that people are excusing racism and bullying because someone is good at choreographed fighting says a lot. A guy in this thread said, "so what she called someone the n-word? It's just a word."

I'm willing to bet that person wasn't a P.O.C. so of course, they don't care.

I personally don't believe that report. Seems as if people have forgotten that AEW, who barely releases people just let go Ivelisse, who also has a bad reputation. I think they'll look at that and be even more apprehensive to sign her.

However, with that being said, if TK has talked to his talent about the situation and they're okay with it then fine. I don't recommend bringing in someone who can cause locker room problems and not alerting the talent; no matter how many people here say "F" what the talent thinks.

And those saying Tessa's not racist because she was with Ricochet and is now with Daga.... Meet Stephanie from NY...She called a Starbucks employee the n-word while patronizing the place with her BIRACIAL children.

Manhattan woman defends use of racial slur in now-viral bakery rant

If proof means having audio or video of encounters then no. I notice that it's Tessa "Fans" that always challenge the burden of proof even though six women, some of whom are in major promotions, and a trainer from WOW have all stated similar things about Tessa.

Very few question Ivelisse's reputation, and eyewitness testimony is admissible evidence in the court of law, not sure why 7 people have their character questioned in reference to a person that has had issues everywhere she has gone.

And you're right, Tessa denied it. However, those in Japan at that time all stated the same story. And her friends like Moose and Diamante responded with things like, "people are allowed to change". Hardly a, "she never said that" type response.
They should sign her because shes the best in the world. AND I wanna shove it SJWs faces. Best of both.

4,639 Posts
I often feel that a segment of fans push Tessa because she makes SJWs cry or similar nonsense. Never mind that she's a complex person with both positive and negative traits, who has made mistakes but who doesn't exist to push an agenda, she's now a symbol for snowflake melting.

People do change, especially when they're young and face consequences for their actions. I'm always willing to give a person chances to show maturity. Tessa could, if actually signed with AEW, show up and be a respectful, positive addition to the locker room. Or she might not. There are folks with wildly different political views, career prestige, experience and backgrounds within the promotion now and they seem, for the most part, to be making it work. I won't pretend I respect or agree with certain things about everyone associated with AEW but I also won't tear into any of them, potentially Tessa included, until or unless they give me a reason to by creating trouble for those working alongside them.

·
Southern Pride
4,770 Posts
Some of us have been speculating about Tessa's future since before she won the Impact World title. There were rumors of her Impact contract over a year before she actually left because people were anxious of the possibility of her going to AEW. Before all of the dirty laundry came out (again, but more talked about) around a year and 4 months ago. So the motivation isn't all just to shove it in others faces. I remember when she was on NXT and the MYC and there was interest in her on this forum.

Sure, when the same few come on here and write the same novel about why Tessa would never go to AEW, it gets old. Feels like people are just trying to step on the fans of Tessa. We all know about the accusations and the rumors of how Tony Khan feels about controversy. That has been discussed a million times. Let people want to see her on their TV again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wonder how a Tessa-Thunder Rosa match would go. Something tells me it could go a bit stiff like the Ivelisse match.

To be honest I would prefer Tessa in WWE though. If just for Charlotte to put her ego in check. "My dad was way better than yours, and I'm way better than you".

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,147 Posts
yay. finally someone to spice up their boring womens division

her vs Britt would be gr8

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
This story comes up every week lol. I'd take tessa as they need a good villain now ivelisse got fired. Daga iv never heard maybe pass on him. Sounds like an impressionist painter or Brazilian footballer.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts