Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wouldn't it be hypocritical of AEW to sign Tessa when they banned Hulk Hogan (who never worked for them), for life because of a similar issue (racist remarks)???

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bummer.
She's a technically sound wrestler, but apart from allegedly being a cunt backstage offers nothing in terms of personality. Bad signing if true.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wouldn't it be hypocritical of AEW to sign Tessa when they banned Hulk Hogan (who never worked for them), for life because of a similar issue (racist remarks)???
I don't really know too much about the Tessa accusation. Was she caught on tape repeatedly throwing out racial slurs too or is it a her word against someone else's kind of thing?

·
Registered
27,431 Posts
I don't really know too much about the Tessa accusation. Was she caught on tape repeatedly throwing out racial slurs too or is it a her word against someone else's kind of thing?
Unlike Hogan there is no audio tape that exists of her saying this racial slur. Tessa has denied every saying it. But the woman who who she allegedly said this to, La Rosa Negra, says that she did with other women backing her up. Not to mention that the racial slur is far from the only controversy with Tessa. She's had a unfavorable reputation for awhile now. If she didn't she probably would have been in WWE years ago.

So, yes it is kind of a her vs. everyone else kind of thing. But for me to take her side would be to say everyone else is lying and I really can't do that.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,328 Posts
Yep, that´s the situation in a nutshell (as I pointed out on page 2 of this thread). Tony was busy scoring some cheap points with the very public "banning" of Hogan who never worked there, and never will anyway. But as usual, AEW management spoke without thinking about the consequences.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
People miss the point - she doesn’t have a bad rep because of racism - she has one because of bullying and being hard to work with

even the language used, was to bully and demean - and yes, was racist too

but a lot of other races, white included, wrestlers dislike her as well cause she’s toxic

and only her peers can judge if the toxicity has changed

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
If Big Swole, who likes to complain, is willing to give Tessa a chance, then why aren't social justice warriors who won't be working with her?

Tully actually has a prison ministry and preaches to inmates, so you'd think him keeping a close eye on her will be a good influence. They've never been in the same promotion before.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
La Rosa Negra knows english, she tweets in english all the time, Tessa called her that cause thats what she sees her as, someone less than her thats why she spit on her.

As for her time with Ricochet, i mean theres been gay men who get into relationships with women to hide the fact that they're gay, theres a reason they broke up, all i know is she spit on a black woman and called her the N word, if that doesn't tell you someone's a racist i don't know what does.
So she dated (and all that entails) a Black man to hide that she's a secret racist? That's a whole different level than being closeted gay - unless you outright hated the opposet sex. Or just maybe she said something in anger to try to hurt somebody where there was a language barrier. Negra speaking in English now is not where she was then - she has said as much in interviews. In 2020 vid she said her English sucks. Where was it in 2017?

Negra was(is?) Mission Pro Wrestling women's champ - that the Thunder Rosa owned company. Thunder Rosa seemingly has a lot of clout in AEW.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
People miss the point - she doesn’t have a bad rep because of racism - she has one because of bullying and being hard to work with

even the language used, was to bully and demean - and yes, was racist too

but a lot of other races, white included, wrestlers dislike her as well cause she’s toxic

and only her peers can judge if the toxicity has changed
And they were all shit wrestlers. Was Tessa just demanding?

Is it anything more than what has gone on in men's lockerrooms? Is this a case where men fight it out and it's over whereas women stew for ever? Male bullies are physical where women bullies are verbal/mean girls shit? She and Ivelisse had a run in in Lucha Underground in 2016 where she was injured during the dark match (broke her collarbone) and Ivie still kept working the body spot the rest of the match.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love how people still want to cling on to her being a racist. She married a Mexican and her future children will be half Mexican. A proper racist would never do that.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
I guess they've set themselves a one problematic woman on the roster limit. Ivelisse out, Tessa in

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Despite her issues would be massive get for AEW.

Still don't think it will happen imo.

ROH or even WWE seem likely options.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've always heard speculation that she bullied and used a racial slur, which she adamantly denied when it came out. Was just curious if any proof came out that she actually did these things, or is it just their word against hers? I just don't know if this is comparable to the Hulk Hogan situation, because there is proof of his indiscretions.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts