Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tessa Blanchard and husband Daga are in talks to sign with All Elite Wrestling (AEW). The negotiations have been ongoing for over a month. One source close to the situation tells us that it’s “all but a formality” until they are signed.

Blanchard is a former Impact World Champion. She is widely considered one of the most talented female competitors on the open market.

She’s weathered her share of controversies, including claims that she is difficult to work with and allegations of racism, which she adamantly died. AEW officials have discussed the idea of acknowledging Tessa Blanchard’s prior ‘issues’ on television and presenting her with a redemption storyline of sorts.

Blanchard’s father, the legendary Tully Blanchard, is currently part of AEW as a member of MJF‘s faction, The Pinnacle.

Daga has been wrestling for Mexico’s Lucha Libre AAA promotion. He was the AAA Latin American Champion up until this past week, when he vacated the belt.

Source: Tessa Blanchard & Daga In Talks To Sign With AEW

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
My big prediction that I've had for several months now is that we'll be seeing Tessa Blanchard wrestle again for a prominent wrestling promotion (on TV) by late-August 2021.

I think Tessa might be competing again eventually on Dynamite OR on NXT.

I wouldn't be opposed to either of these options at all.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,134 Posts
I haven't heard anybody mention this other than this site, so for now I consider it nothing. I still think she goes to WWE, as Bayley and Sasha were seen working out with her not that long ago.

I thought Tony flat out said "If we were interested or were going to bring in Tessa we'd have done it by now," about her a few months ago.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I haven't heard anybody mention this other than this site, so for now I consider it nothing. I still think she goes to WWE, as Bayley and Sasha were seen working out with her not that long ago.

I thought Tony flat out said "If we were interested or were going to bring in Tessa we'd have done it by now," about her a few months ago.
A lot of AEW wrestlers are training with WWE wrestlers, it's a small world.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
E0P4s3_WEAICT2L.jpg

Meltzer said in the WON that Daga has agreed to join a company in the USA that isn't WWE. He wants to continue working for AAA too, like Fenix and Penta.

If Tessa goes with him as a package, it would seem to make AEW the favourites. If signed separately by companies, ROH and IMPACT could have a shout of getting Daga.

And this is great news if true, signing Tessa could lead to AEW having the best women's division in America.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Not taking a lot of risk XD
Three letter major promotions: WWE, AEW, ROH, DDT/TJP, AAA, MLW

Non-three letters:
NJPW/STARDOM, CMLL, Impact, Pro Wrestling NOAH, AJPW, Dragon Gate

So he did eliminate quite a few from contention.

You can also probably eliminate AAA since Tessa and Daga were already there and are making a point of leaving (Daga just vacated his belt).

And MLW doesn't even have a women's division so that's probably out.

DDT and/or TJP are in Japan so that's probably not happening.

So that really just narrows it down to AEW, WWE, or ROH. You have to figure whatever money ROH has to spend is earmarked to try to lure some bigger fish like Andrade or Joe; plus ROH has a high percentage of black talent who would probably not take kindly to Tessa.

So if you really read into what Konnan said, he did eliminate all but two options: WWE or AEW.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
2,009 Posts
I'm worried about this because of her past, the way she screwed over Impact after they gave her the world still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, plus they just got rid of one locker room cancer in Ivelisse, the last thing they need is another one with a terrible past.

Hopefully if she does sign Khan puts some clauses in her contract and warns her that if she fucks up again she's out, Tully being there to set her straight should also help.

If she has signed with AEW, put her in the pinnacle as the female member, that's the perfect role for her, debut her at blood and guts where she helps pinnacle win. Making her face and giving her a redemption angle is a terrible idea because people will see through the bullshit, she needs to be a heel.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Think how good a Tessa, Britt, Jade and Thunder Rosa 'big four' could be, with Shida, Tay, Serena and Riho also factoring in.

I wouldn't rule out WWE making an offer to Tessa though if it's not a package deal of her and Daga, since he's joining a non-WWE promotion.

Tully should shadow Tessa in AEW if she joins to keep her in check. She's also good friends with Brian Cage.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Think how good a Tessa, Britt, Jade and Thunder Rosa 'big four' could be, with Shida, Tay, Serena and Riho also factoring in.

I wouldn't rule out WWE making an offer to Tessa though if it's not a package deal of her and Daga, since he's joining a non-WWE promotion.

Tully should shadow Tessa in AEW if she joins to keep her in check. She's also good friends with Brian Cage.
Anna Jay was improving very well too! Idk how she will return from the injury.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If AEW sign Tessa then that mean that the black wrestlers on the roster are ok with it
Well Big Swole said a while back she is ok with it so I assume the others are ok with it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 131 Posts