Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been touched on in threads since her return, but I don't really feel its been addressed in an open forum. I want to know why (despite the evidence to the contrary) do people think Tara is a good wrestler? Hogan, Foley, and Sting all can't go in the ring anymore and are the majority of the times not able to compete at a main event level. People rag on them about that. But when a beautiful woman comes around who cannot keep up with Hamada, Flash, Sarita, and Taylor Wilde..she is given a pass? So if Hogan was stinking up the ring in a match against Styles then everyone will shit on Hogan, but when Tara does it for (let's be honest) the majority of 2010 then she gets a pass?

Now people will bring up her matches and work from 2004-2005 and that's fine. She was a decent wrestler then, but her leaving WWE has really exposed her. I knew she was always weak sauce when it came to promos but the 2009 KONYE Special (and other segments with ODB) proved she cannot talk. People complain about Generation Me not being able to talk, but her is a person who has been in the game for over a decade and she still can't cut a promo and come off as believable. Tara is worse then McCool when left to her own devices. Taylor Wilde is probably the worse female promo in TNA, but Tara ( on a lot of nights) definitely gives her a run for her money.

Then we go to the matches. Let's look at the last time Tara was in the ring in an actual match. None of it looked believable. She takes baby steps toward Velvet and slowly raises her arms for an axe handle smash and then gets booted in the gut. Nothing during that transition to that spot looked as though Tara was actually trying to win the match or inflict pain on her opponent. A lot of her matches in TNA are like this. People complain about Angle killing big spots and the general flow of the match, but its perfectly okay for a woman to TELEGRAPH everything, move around like a GI Joe action figure, and hobble to the ring?

I haven't even scratched the surface and I am willing to go video-to-video with anyone who wants to argue about Tara being terrific, because she is in fact terrible and has been for more then a year and she brings nothing to the product but big ass tits and a nice ass. I seriously want to know why someone with a torn ACL, no ability to cut a money promo, and who sucks in the ring is being mentioned by some as being 'great' and how some say 'TNA needs her' and then the same people go on to say how LVE sucks in the ring and brings NOTHING to the product while ignoring her other attributes.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
The answer is simple for me, I have been a fan of this woman ever since watching her in the indies being trained, up through WWE etc. She has always been one of my favorite women's wrestlers, for her character, she is one that is better when she doesn't talk.

Plus TNA have completely ruined her character over the past year, to the point where no one can take her a credible psycho anymore. Psycho Victoria > Crybaby Tara. However does this stop me being a fan of hers not at all. Maybe I am a blind mark, but I don't care, I have grew up watching this women, and have fond memories of almost everything she has done in her career.

I am not someone to shit on someone just to their age. Plus she can still run circles around 70% of the women wrestlers of today.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Taras boring but then again I find most of the ko's boring cept TBP.. i do prefer Taras attire now to her old one though

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Well it's because she can wrestle very well and she is a breath of fresh air from all the talentless models who seem to dominate the KO division nowadays.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
She's entertaining and works hard in the ring. Leaving WWE didn't expose her considering she did nothing relevant in the prime of her career and was used as an enhancement talent for years.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
She had an awesome hardcore match, with Trish Stratus, once but...yeah. There's no point in her being around if Mickey's there. They serve the same purpose IMO.

In 2010, she's nowhere near in the league of Hamada, Kong, Sarita, Melissa etc. and she isn't as over as The Beau Peeps.

·
Registered
858 Posts
her match against Kong in the cage I enjoyed, its the last good woman's match I remember seeing.

I totally disagree, Tara is one of the better female wrestlers, not the best.
the entire KO division manages to even make their best females look bad.
Tara crybaby isnt too cool, no.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
She's barely passable in the ring and that's when she cares, don't really know why they brought her back. Really once they do the obvious Tara/Mickie feud, what is left for her to do?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't mind her in the support role she is doing now. She's a good sidekick/body guard. Also I love her all black biker she wears. Looks hot.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The people saying tara sucks as a wrestler are the same people saying TBP are the only good thing in the ko division. Tara is a damn good worker but the division sucks because they refuse to push the ones who can wrestle. Velvet is hot but K2 is better than her and that's not good, angelina is decent but there are at least 3 ko's that are better than her. The division didn't go down when tara joined, it was when gail left because that was the sign that tna didn't care about womens wrestling anymore.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
I jsut think her gimmick is stale.. she never really had one to be honest now that i think of it.. what was she? the lady with the spider? now shes the lady who rides the motor bike and has really nice breast JUST BEING HONEST

i think they either need to make a anti BP stable with her daffney and somebody else like somebody else just mentioned .. or have her do a milf gimmick like somebody else also mentioned.

she looks like to strong of a woman mind and body to play somebodys bitch.. its just not something i buy

1 - 20 of 37 Posts