Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The opening scene, whilst extremely impressive from a CGI perspective, is an absolute disgrace in terms of the storyline direction and how it takes a huge, steaming shit on the first two films and their legacy.

Oh, and of course the feminist and "equality" agenda is rammed home after that, too. Girl power! Men suck!

Get fucked, James Cameron

·
Premium Member
17,091 Posts
TLDW - too lame, didn't watch. What was the opening scene? All I read about the film was that the "girl power" thought going into it didn't affect it and the actress (she's a terminator or something?) was pretty good for the part. Apparently it was just a horrible movie all on it's own.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TLDW - too lame, didn't watch. What was the opening scene? All I read about the film was that the "girl power" thought going into it didn't affect it and the actress (she's a terminator or something?) was pretty good for the part. Apparently it was just a horrible movie all on it's own.
Set in 1998, John, Sarah and Arnie all de-aged to look almost identical to how they did in Terminator 2. John and Sarah are in a beach bar and the terminator casually strolls in and blows young John away with a shotgun and walks off again.

A Mexican girl becomes the new saviour and everything built in the first two - the only two movies in the series worth a damn and two of the best movies ever made - now means absolutely fuck all.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Set in 1998, John, Sarah and Arnie all de-aged to look almost identical to how they did in Terminator 2. John and Sarah are in a beach bar and the terminator casually strolls in and blows young John away with a shotgun and walks off again.

A Mexican girl becomes the new saviour and everything built in the first two - the only two movies in the series worth a damn and two of the best movies ever made - now means absolutely fuck all.
You're angry because the girl is Mexican. Wow.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're angry because the girl is Mexican. Wow.
No.

I'm angry because they killed off the most important character from the first two films and the entire Terminator universe in a throw away, ridiculous manner, and destroyed the entire legacy of those two movies, just so that they could desperately shoehorn a female character in his place and play up to feminism, girl power and the worlds now warped view of equality and political correctness.

Fucking beyond sick of this "woke" culture and all the bullshit and hypocrisy that surrounds it.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,392 Posts
All aboutb thev$ now i remember geþtung 1 2 in a metal case now its likevduxkbdatv$$

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Just don’t acknowledge it’s existence, or put it down as some timey wimey alternate timeline BS. Personally, I live in a reality where there were two Alien films, two Terminators, three Die Hards and three Indiana Jones’s.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I never quite understood the need to keep re-visiting the Terminator franchise. T2 was a fantastic movie that wrapped up everything perfectly.

All the subsequent Terminator movies and tv shows were garbage, the worst one by far being Dark Fate.

James Cameron should be rightfully blamed for the movie's failure. I wonder what miracles he's going to pull out with Avatar 2-6.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Just look at on comments from the clip of T3 and T4, most of them were bash T5 and Dark Fate, Cameron utterly shite when he didn't want acknowledge the sequel after Judgement Day, but at least they stick to the continuity which ended to the future war, and I read somewhere, John actually turn evil because the heart that Marcus gave already planted with chip to corrupt John and T-850(under resistance control) would have to kill him,fit with the story how T-850 killed John in Rise Of The Machines story.

·
#WWELogic
3,846 Posts
T : DF to me and MY wallet was poorly written fan fiction that helped me save a few bucks, honestly T2 was the ENDING, in fact there was even the DIRECTORS cut whoihc ended the film perfectly, but Hollywood gotta make that $$$$$$

·
Registered
12,724 Posts
Sci-fi has been taking a beating from these hack, douchebag, writers for a while now.

Unfortunately like majority of recent sci-fi we just have to pretended it didn’t happen.

Nurse Who, Soy Wars, insert pun about Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and indeed Herminator, they can all fuck off until they pull their heads out of their ass.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Save yourself the time and do not watch the movie. This video will tell you everything you need to know.

1 was a classic. 2 was the best. 3 gets a bad rap and is not as bad as some make it out to be. It at least fit canonically with the first 2. The point was never to prevent judgement day. The point was always for John Connor to survive it so he could lead the resistance in the future. 4 should have been the last one and it should have ended with Kyle Reese and the T-800 being sent to the past. That would have brought everything full circle. But of course, they botched 4 and it's been downhill ever since. Making John Connor a Terminator for 5 was fucking retarded and killing John Connor in 6 was the final nail in the coffin. None of it makes the least bit of sense now. If John Connor dies as a kid, he never grows up to lead the resistance, he never sends Kyle Reese to the past, he's never even born and Sarah Connor never becomes a badass. She'd still be a clueless waitress who never gave birth to John Connor.

TL;DR: Terminator Dark Fate can fuck off.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,392 Posts
@DoctorWhosawhatsit

Hahs u.got me laughing with your post bro. Funny asf

Stay safe doc to.u and your loved ones. One of the best eggs left on WF

Peace.

·
Premium Member
43,962 Posts
To me, nothing happened after T2. That was it. That was the ending. Anything that came after it was a part of a long line of mistakes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts