·
Epstein didn't kill himself
6,995 Posts
very odd seeing djokovic as a 4 time wimbledon champion

isn't a natural grass courter in the slightest, he's a hard court player

weird that he has more wimbledon titles than becker & mcenroe

still, fully deserved win

federer celebrating that his slam count is still safe from nadal lol
Grass is not the same as it once was, still it is weird to think about him as a 4 time Wimbledon champ

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Serena letting the mask slip again when things go against her, like the time she threatened a lineswoman while playing Clijsters. Complete lack of class, compounded by her coach admitting to on-court coaching afterwards and proving the umpire right....

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
Serena letting the mask slip again when things go against her, like the time she threatened a lineswoman while playing Clijsters. Complete lack of class, compounded by her coach admitting to on-court coaching afterwards and proving the umpire right....
Nope. Ref was biased. Besides a coach's job in sports is to well...coach. Lack of logic there.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I want to like Serena, but there are days like tonight that prevent me to do so, she is too good to get involved in that kind of shit, she doesn't need it, yet, she gets involved in controversy over and over. I feel bad for Osaka, it's her first Grand Slam and all people will talk about is Serena losing her shit during the match.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,949 Posts
Nope. Ref was biased. Besides a coach's job in sports is to well...coach. Lack of logic there.
On-court coaching is not allowed at any grand slam event.

Not really sure what the issue is.

Serena didn't lose because of the umpires call. She lost because Osaka played much better than her.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
That was worse than when she played Stosur and Clijsters.

If anybody deserves verbal abuse from her it's Patrick Mouratoglou for landing her in the shit in the first place. Racket abuse violation was of course the right call, deduction of a game for abuse though was harsh I thought, players have said much worse and haven't been pulled up on it.

Serena likes to make it all about herself, me, me, me, it's hideous behaviour.

Feel sorry for Naomi because she's as sweet as they come; however in terms of game she played outstanding and showed a great mindset, when serving out many players would've felt pressure, she was the opposite, completely fearless.

Hopefully all those antics don't affect Naomi going forward because she's had a few mental problems this season.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
That was worse than when she played Stosur and Clijsters.

If anybody deserves verbal abuse from her it's Patrick Mouratoglou for landing her in the shit in the first place. Racket abuse violation was of course the right call, deduction of a game for abuse though was harsh I thought, players have said much worse and haven't been pulled up on it.

Serena likes to make it all about herself, me, me, me, it's hideous behaviour.

Feel sorry for Naomi because she's as sweet as they come; however in terms of game she played outstanding and showed a great mindset, when serving out many players would've felt pressure, she was the opposite, completely fearless.

Hopefully all those antics don't affect Naomi going forward because she's had a few mental problems this season.
She does not. Serena is humble, but when you wrong her, it's natural she'd be animated, anyone would be.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
She does not. Serena is humble, but when you wrong her, it's natural she'd be animated, anyone would be.
"Wrong her".

She wronged herself mate, umpire made the correct decision on the coaching violation part, she kicked off as if the umpire classed her as a cheat, which he didn't, he played by the rule book, it was all Mouratoglou's fault, that's who she should have the problem with.

The only thing I thought he got wrong was the game deduction, that would push anybody over the edge.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
ramos has always been a jumped up ego tripping little cunt

combine that with the fact that it's the us open, serena felt slighted, and the whole thing was fucked

still, osaka was bossing it right from the start, serena had no answers. she needs to lose some weight if she intends to win another slam or 2 for the record. her movement is diabolical atm

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
What's a detriment?

She was getting on court coaching, which is against the rules.

What part of that don't you understand?
How is anyone supposed to counter anything if you can't ask the coach for guidance? Every other sport does it. I'm a casual fan so I don't get the ruling. Explain it if you can.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
I think what's being lost in all this is Osaka played a BRILLIANT match against Serena. She won the first set in convincing fashion and still beating Serena when the court violations occurred.

If the narrative of the match somehow becomes "Umpire costs Serena Grand Slam" it's a HUGE disservice to Osaka.

How is anyone supposed to counter anything if you can't ask the coach for guidance? Every other sport does it. I'm a casual fan so I don't get the ruling. Explain it if you can.
It's a stupid rule, a stupid rule that apparently is very rarely enforced, but it is still a rule.

You're not allowed to receive coaching during a match.

I'm not saying Serena doesn't have a point, she does, as I said it's a stupid rule, especially given how rarely and selectively it's enforced.

But's it's still a rule.

161 - 180 of 496 Posts