Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Ostapenko obviously enjoys the grass, she's very hot and cold but she's been mostly hot this tournament and that's a good sign. Really looking forward to the match with Kerber, so hard to call.

Serena will probably routine Goerges comfortably again just like she did at the French.

Pliskova and Svitolina just don't have the mentality for majors, Pliskova is a solid R16/QF final player nowadays, nothing more. Svitolina's best chance would probably come at Roland Garros; however I don't think she has the game to win a major.

Not impossible for Sloane but very unlikely, Sloane is either brilliant or shit but of course she's up there because of her form from August-September last year and her French Open run, she'll drop a bit no doubt.

And yes that would be me :D
ostapenko always blows hot in press conferences/interviews tho >:)

the fact she can actually play should be a gift wrapped present for wta, except, erm, they're terrible at promotion. still, hope springs eternal

pliksova and svotlina make up the numbers, nothing more. they are just...there

sloane seems more interested in being a twitter-warrior these days. although in theory if she keeps her W or RU/R1 streak going, then she's a shoe-in for the us open final :hmmm

lol i thought so. i got banned from there years ago for constantly dragging sharapova, calling her a cheating scumbag, saying that her shrieking should get her banned for life etc

or scumbagpova for short

how correct i was 0:)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
ostapenko always blows hot in press conferences/interviews tho >:)

the fact she can actually play should be a gift wrapped present for wta, except, erm, they're terrible at promotion. still, hope springs eternal

pliksova and svotlina make up the numbers, nothing more. they are just...there

sloane seems more interested in being a twitter-warrior these days. although in theory if she keeps her W or RU/R1 streak going, then she's a shoe-in for the us open final :hmmm

lol i thought so. i got banned from there years ago for constantly dragging sharapova, calling her a cheating scumbag, saying that her shrieking should get her banned for life etc

or scumbagpova for short

how correct i was 0:)
Is that a sexual reference :lol

That's why I hope the class of 97 push some of these scrubs out sooner rather than later. Kerber will get back in but for players like Svitolina, Pliskova, Garcia and Keys far too hit and miss. Ostapenko, Kasatkina and Osaka pushing them out would be great. Would like to see Ash Barty get in there too, too talented not to be a top ten player, just needs to fix her chokers brain.

That would be typical Sloane, she's so hard to predict, you don't know whether she's going to turn up or be lazy and crash in R1. The loss at Wimbledon wasn't so surprising though, Vekic is decent on Grass.

I'll probably get banned too if Wozniacki wins another slam :lol I had a nice little breakdown after she won Eastbourne.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Is that a sexual reference :lol

That's why I hope the class of 97 push some of these scrubs out sooner rather than later. Kerber will get back in but for players like Svitolina, Pliskova, Garcia and Keys far too hit and miss. Ostapenko, Kasatkina and Osaka pushing them out would be great. Would like to see Ash Barty get in there too, too talented not to be a top ten player, just needs to fix her chokers brain.

That would be typical Sloane, she's so hard to predict, you don't know whether she's going to turn up or be lazy and crash in R1. The loss at Wimbledon wasn't so surprising though, Vekic is decent on Grass.

I'll probably get banned too if Wozniacki wins another slam :lol I had a nice little breakdown after she won Eastbourne.
it wasn't. then i re-read it :lol

barty is beautiful to watch. pity her mental strength makes novotna look like sampras

speaking of wozniacki, didn't take her long to go from winning ways back to her usual whining ways - moaning about needing fly spray fs :lol no wonder the files swarmed her - her death inducing style of tennis must have been terribly confusing for them

i got banned by a vicious dementieva frothing admin, couldn't even message them back in reply. could tell they got off on taking forums/online stuff very very seriously indeed :sleep

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
it wasn't. then i re-read it :lol

barty is beautiful to watch. pity her mental strength makes novotna look like sampras

speaking of wozniacki, didn't take her long to go from winning ways back to her usual whining ways - moaning about needing fly spray fs :lol no wonder the files swarmed her - her death inducing style of tennis must have been terribly confusing for them

i got banned by a vicious dementieva frothing admin, couldn't even message them back in reply. could tell they got off on taking forums/online stuff very very seriously indeed :sleep
The devil smiley at the end didn't help matters :lol

Barty is one of those players who can easily challenge for majors if she had a brain, in terms of game she's far better than most, certainly far better than the majority of the top ten now.

Wozniacki is an unlikeable bitch, simple as that, when things don't go right she starts moaning. That time when she claimed that fans were giving her family death threats when she lost to Puig, of course it's not nice but I can't say I'm surprised she received them. Going back to the French Open she sent out a great tweet when playing Kasatkina, "Back fighting tomorrow" she certainly didn't stick to her word because Kasatkina won three games and it was job done :lol

A lot of my posts on there have been changed by admin recently because I keep classing Wozniacki as bitch.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The devil smiley at the end didn't help matters :lol

Barty is one of those players who can easily challenge for majors if she had a brain, in terms of game she's far better than most, certainly far better than the majority of the top ten now.

Wozniacki is an unlikeable bitch, simple as that, when things don't go right she starts moaning. That time when she claimed that fans were giving her family death threats when she lost to Puig, of course it's not nice but I can't say I'm surprised she received them. Going back to the French Open she sent out a great tweet when playing Kasatkina, "Back fighting tomorrow" she certainly didn't stick to her word because Kasatkina won three games and it was job done :lol

A lot of my posts on there have been changed by admin recently because I keep classing Wozniacki as bitch.
ostapenko has her moments tbf, although she's no putintseva :lol

barty is great, could challenge for majors but like you say, no brain. it's a theoretical concept only, much like nadal having real hair. her whole thought process is: 'oh shit, i'm 5-3 up in this set playing well, time to clown around and lose it 5-7'

incredible that wozniacki has fans tbh, she's as big a drama queen as cornet fpalm

can't wait for her moaning during us open series - that the court temperature is 0.00001 degrees too hot, that her opponent blinded her with rays from the sun off her racquet, or the good old fashioned one: that other actual talented players are playing on proper courts while she isn't :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
ostapenko has her moments tbf, although she's no putintseva :lol

barty is great, could challenge for majors but like you say, no brain. it's a theoretical concept only, much like nadal having real hair. her whole thought process is: 'oh shit, i'm 5-3 up in this set playing well, time to clown around and lose it 5-7'

incredible that wozniacki has fans tbh, she's as big a drama queen as cornet fpalm

can't wait for her moaning during us open series - that the court temperature is 0.00001 degrees too hot, that her opponent blinded her with rays from the sun off her racquet, or the good old fashioned one: that other actual talented players are playing on proper courts while she isn't :rolleyes:
The difference between Ostapenko and Putintseva is that Ostapenko is a fun character that people enjoy and get behind, Putintseva is just a fiery bitchy character.

Spot on with Barty, like I saw comments this week saying she doesn't have the game to beat Kasatkina, if she didn't have the game then she wouldn't have raced into a 4-0 lead, it's all about her mentality as a front runner.

No idea why anybody would want to support Caroline, her attitude aside it's her game that is just as dislikeable, she isn't enjoyable to watch. She's done fuck all since winning the Aus Open where Fett and Halep bottled it against her. Kasatkina has exposed her three times, Puig exposed her.

Hope she goes out early in the US Open like last year.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The difference between Ostapenko and Putintseva is that Ostapenko is a fun character that people enjoy and get behind, Putintseva is just a fiery bitchy character.

Spot on with Barty, like I saw comments this week saying she doesn't have the game to beat Kasatkina, if she didn't have the game then she wouldn't have raced into a 4-0 lead, it's all about her mentality as a front runner.

No idea why anybody would want to support Caroline, her attitude aside it's her game that is just as dislikeable, she isn't enjoyable to watch. She's done fuck all since winning the Aus Open where Fett and Halep bottled it against her. Kasatkina has exposed her three times, Puig exposed her.

Hope she goes out early in the US Open like last year.
putintseva is the tennis drama we need but not the tennis drama we deserve

the clash of titans already happened at china open 2016 - putintseva beat ostapenko, ending preserved for eternity on youtube :lol ostapenko got revenge at ao 2017, but can't find any footage sadly

anyway ostapenko is out of wimbledon. kerber/serena final. ostapenko/kerber match was pretty shit from the bits I saw, disappointing tbf. kerber mostly pushed the ball back and ostapenko was happy to play baseball instead of tennis

30 winners to kerber's 10, but also 38 errors. in 18 games. lol

when barty played jo konta at nottingham, she looked clueless on how to see it out. she tried to gift konta it, konta refused such generosity, then self-destructed and handed barty the match back

can only assume that people support caroline for the same reason people support alexa piss or bouchard; they're blonde and get tons of exposure

hopefully wozniacki continues to get exposed by better players. was deservedly a slamless no 1 for centuries then flukes one this year :mad:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
putintseva is the tennis drama we need but not the tennis drama we deserve

the clash of titans already happened at china open 2016 - putintseva beat ostapenko, ending preserved for eternity on youtube :lol ostapenko got revenge at ao 2017, but can't find any footage sadly

anyway ostapenko is out of wimbledon. kerber/serena final. ostapenko/kerber match was pretty shit from the bits I saw, disappointing tbf. kerber mostly pushed the ball back and ostapenko was happy to play baseball instead of tennis

30 winners to kerber's 10, but also 38 errors. in 18 games. lol

when barty played jo konta at nottingham, she looked clueless on how to see it out. she tried to gift konta it, konta refused such generosity, then self-destructed and handed barty the match back

can only assume that people support caroline for the same reason people support alexa piss or bouchard; they're blonde and get tons of exposure

hopefully wozniacki continues to get exposed by better players. was deservedly a slamless no 1 for centuries then flukes one this year :mad:
Don't think I'll be searching for that match somehow :lol: a Ostapenko vs Putintseva matchup is not good for the eyes.

Typical Ostapenko, hit or miss and she missed a lot. Angie got her tactics spot on, stay solid, let Ostapenko miss and the match is hers, not good to watch but for Angie it was very effective. Not a good matchup in all honesty.

Yep Barty really has a knack of throwing games and matches away unfortunately, she got there in the end against Konta but like you say it wasn't pretty. She's one of those players who can easily win a lesser event like Nottingham, a big event like a Grand Slam or Premier then it's another story.

Don't even see the appeal in her looks either tbh, Wozniacki is nothing special in every single department.

All depends on her draws, Australian Open draw was kind for her and Fett bottled it against her. Kasatkina exposed her at the French, Makarova beat her again just like she did last year, whoever takes her negative arse out of any tournament gets my applause.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Don't think I'll be searching for that match somehow :lol: a Ostapenko vs Putintseva matchup is not good for the eyes.

Typical Ostapenko, hit or miss and she missed a lot. Angie got her tactics spot on, stay solid, let Ostapenko miss and the match is hers, not good to watch but for Angie it was very effective. Not a good matchup in all honesty.

Yep Barty really has a knack of throwing games and matches away unfortunately, she got there in the end against Konta but like you say it wasn't pretty. She's one of those players who can easily win a lesser event like Nottingham, a big event like a Grand Slam or Premier then it's another story.

Don't even see the appeal in her looks either tbh, Wozniacki is nothing special in every single department.

All depends on her draws, Australian Open draw was kind for her and Fett bottled it against her. Kasatkina exposed her at the French, Makarova beat her again just like she did last year, whoever takes her negative arse out of any tournament gets my applause.
as if anyone watches a putintseva/ostapenko match or highlights for the 'tennis' :lol

not a kerber fan at all (lisicki is where it's at...or was...84 years ago) but she got her tactics spot on today. boring to watch though as you say. i'd re-watch a krajicek/ivanesevic match over that, which says something

barty's career highlight will be a 4r or QF run at a slam IMO. it is what it is. maybe a premier win where everyone's tired/injured/doesn't give a shit. this year has been her best 'start' so far tho

bit harsh tbh, wozniacki is tremendous at being a self-absorbed basic bitch.

ideally wozniacki - sharapova us open 1r incoming. hopefully both somehow lose and/or are banned from the tournament

otherwise we're relying on fucking bouchard to expel great evil once again :argh:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
as if anyone watches a putintseva/ostapenko match or highlights for the 'tennis' :lol

not a kerber fan at all (lisicki is where it's at...or was...84 years ago) but she got her tactics spot on today. boring to watch though as you say. i'd re-watch a krajicek/ivanesevic match over that, which says something

barty's career highlight will be a 4r or QF run at a slam IMO. it is what it is. maybe a premier win where everyone's tired/injured/doesn't give a shit. this year has been her best 'start' so far tho

bit harsh tbh, wozniacki is tremendous at being a self-absorbed basic bitch.

ideally wozniacki - sharapova us open 1r incoming. hopefully both somehow lose and/or are banned from the tournament

otherwise we're relying on fucking bouchard to expel great evil once again :argh:
I don't mind Angie, I enjoy watching her depending on the match up, she's not all out defensive like Wozniacki, Svitolina, she can turn defense into attack very well. The matchup today though sucked, all on Ostapenko's racket and she imploded. As for Lisicki she's always been one of my main faves.

Barty is still only 22, her best years are to come hopefully, she's made tremendous strides over the past year or so, fix that brain in big matches she'll no doubt be top ten.

:lol if that happened I'd route for Sharapova regardless.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't mind Angie, I enjoy watching her depending on the match up, she's not all out defensive like Wozniacki, Svitolina, she can turn defense into attack very well. The matchup today though sucked, all on Ostapenko's racket and she imploded. As for Lisicki she's always been one of my main faves.

Barty is still only 22, her best years are to come hopefully, she's made tremendous strides over the past year or so, fix that brain in big matches she'll no doubt be top ten.

:lol if that happened I'd route for Sharapova regardless.
saying a match is all on someone's racquet is wandering into arrogant federer territory tbh

lisicki career trajectory: wimbledon final --> injuries --> instagram

hope springs eternal here, with barty, purely because she's so good to watch. compared to some of the never-weres in the top 10 currently, i have no complaints about her potentially making it there

lol, i've never rooted for sharapova and never will. pity serena injured herself at french open, was looking forward to another 'competitive' match :lol

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
lol 3 pages on wta tennis players but nothing on the most insane wimbledon semifinal ever???

Kevin Anderson defeats John Isner 7-6, 6-7, 6-7, 6-4, 26-24

6 hours 53 minutes
why the lol? the women's semi finals had at least some semblance of tennis

there's nothing 'insane' or exciting about a tennis match where 2 players are more or less incapable of breaking the other's serve and it goes on forever

no surprise that isner is the main culprit yet again

at least in the 90s at wimbledon with it's alleged 'serve-fests' (actually fairly rare) there was always some unpredictability since racquet/string tech didn't allow for today's consistency and accuracy on serve, not to mention far more uneven (and lower) bounces from the court when volleying/rallying etc

combine modern string/racquet technology with 6ft 10 giants incapable of returning and this is what you get

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
6,995 Posts
why the lol? the women's semi finals had at least some semblance of tennis

there's nothing 'insane' or exciting about a tennis match where 2 players are more or less incapable of breaking the other's serve and it goes on forever

no surprise that isner is the main culprit yet again

at least in the 90s at wimbledon with it's alleged 'serve-fests' (actually fairly rare) there was always some unpredictability since racquet/string tech didn't allow for today's consistency and accuracy on serve, not to mention far more uneven (and lower) bounces from the court when volleying/rallying etc

combine modern string/racquet technology with 6ft 10 giants incapable of returning and this is what you get
I agree that the last set was a serve fest, but sets 2 and 3 were still very good.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
That Anderson match was ridiculous, after he did Federer I wanted him to win but felt Isner would cause of holding his serve, but Anderson is a friggin tank for that

Cmon Rafa though

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I kinda expected Nadal to win the match today, usually when when he is losing a match but they have to finish it the next day for whatever reason, he comes back stronger and wins, but it's good to see Nole back in top form. He probably has the title, unless this match took everything out of him.

Kerber won pretty easily against Serena, that was surprisng

141 - 160 of 496 Posts