Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 496 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Can't believe SI has Genie in their bikini issue again,at this point it's like having Alize Lim or some other players attractive gf outside the top 100 who is only vaguely tennis related.No indication Genie will ever be top 50 level even ever again let alone a top draw player. I remember when people used to give magazines **it for putting Anna K on covers all the time despite not winning slams or big tournaments but she was still consistently a top 20 singer player most of her career and a top doubles player
They have Sloane Stephens as well, but since they have Genie I think that went under the radar lol. I mean, last 2-3 years they had Wozniacki who is now n1 and Aussie Open champion, so it's not like they just call the WTA hot jobbers

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Wimbledon again

Rog & Rafa the ones to beat again..amazing how these two are still at the top with them ageing even more

Glad Murray isn't here so I don't have to see him or his Mother

Konta about to get rekt

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Wimbledon again

Rog & Rafa the ones to beat again..amazing how these two are still at the top with them ageing even more

Glad Murray isn't here so I don't have to see him or his Mother

Konta about to get rekt
atp turning a blind eye to your 'recovery/supplementation', while banning no. 300 in the world that no one's heard of & claiming that they're 'pro-active' against doping, will do that

wta has been a hilarious mess this year, pretty much all the top seeds out already

going to be in trouble when serena retires; how can you market stars when no one is consistently better than the rest?

slone stevens is a great example

us open: wins
aus open: lost in 1r
french open: runner up
wimbledon: lost in 1r

lol

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,949 Posts
Strokes of Genius: Federer vs Nadal on BBC2 was incredible.

Its a documentary looking back at the 2008 Wimbledon final between the two. Amazing piece which was still as gripping as it was 10 years ago.

·
17,649 Posts
Strokes of Genius: Federer vs Nadal on BBC2 was incredible.

Its a documentary looking back at the 2008 Wimbledon final between the two. Amazing piece which was still as gripping as it was 10 years ago.
I have to find that documentary. That Wimbledon final still is the best match I've ever seen. The drama with the rain, with Federer 0-2 after the first 2 sets, then the tie-break in which Nadal gets match with his serve after an amazing passing shot just to see Federer saving it with an even more amazing passing shot, then the match was about to get suspended for the lack of natural daylight (this was the last Wimbledon before they implemented the roof on the Center Court), it was like a movie, so many twists and turns. If only Federer would have won it... I was a mess after that match :mj2

Reactions: Erik.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
wta has been a hilarious mess this year, pretty much all the top seeds out already

going to be in trouble when serena retires; how can you market stars when no one is consistently better than the rest?

slone stevens is a great example

us open: wins
aus open: lost in 1r
french open: runner up
wimbledon: lost in 1r

lol
No consistency in the WTA nowadays, the top ten is weak asf. Not like how it was ten years ago when you had an idea of who would go far in tournaments.

Over the first week of Wimbledon, the majority of those in the top ten who have lost I can't say I'm surprised. Muguruza and Kvitova were the only losses I'd class as surprising.

The class of 97 have had their moments in the last year, it's time they broke through properly, start challenging on a regular basis and take over from some of the scrubs currently in the top ten.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
No consistency in the WTA nowadays, the top ten is weak asf. Not like how it was ten years ago when you had an idea of who would go far in tournaments.

Over the first week of Wimbledon, the majority of those in the top ten who have lost I can't say I'm surprised. Muguruza and Kvitova were the only losses I'd class as surprising.

The class of 97 have had their moments in the last year, it's time they broke through properly, start challenging on a regular basis and take over from some of the scrubs currently in the top ten.
yeah I expected muguruza or kvitova to win it

there needs to be a happy medium between peak WTA inconsistency, and ATP with the same 4 winning more or less every event for 15 years

find a sweet spot between those two extremes

ostapenko & osaka are looking good from class of 97

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
yeah I expected muguruza or kvitova to win it

there needs to be a happy medium between peak WTA inconsistency, and ATP with the same 4 winning more or less every event for 15 years

find a sweet spot between those two extremes

ostapenko & osaka are looking good from class of 97
You take the Women from about 10 years ago, the consistency shown between the likes of Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Venus, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic etc... was brilliant, they were going deep in pretty much every tournament they played.

Nowadays there is zero consistency amongst the top ten, some really shouldn't be there until they can establish themselves properly, when it comes to majors the likes of Svitolina, Pliskova and Keys are a massive joke sometimes.

With the Wimbledon Women's Quarter Finals there is some pedigree in there, Grand Slam Winners, Grand Slam Runners Up, former top 10's.

Having Ostapenko and Kasatkina get this far is positive.

·
17,649 Posts
Kerber/Ostapenko and Serena/Goerges Womens semis. I am all in for another Kerber/Serena match, Angelique is one of the few who may have a chance against Serena.

Federer has to beat back to back players with strong serves if he wants to reach the finals, since he faces Anderson and, if he advances, he faces the winner of Raonic/Isner. Nadal/Del Potro should be a good match, so as Nishikori/Nole, and we could have Nole/Rafa in the semis as well, although current Nole has little chance against Rafa imo.

·
17,649 Posts
Nadal's tournament to lose

·
17,649 Posts
Like I've said, Nadal's tournament to lose

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
You take the Women from about 10 years ago, the consistency shown between the likes of Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Venus, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic etc... was brilliant, they were going deep in pretty much every tournament they played.

Nowadays there is zero consistency amongst the top ten, some really shouldn't be there until they can establish themselves properly, when it comes to majors the likes of Svitolina, Pliskova and Keys are a massive joke sometimes.

With the Wimbledon Women's Quarter Finals there is some pedigree in there, Grand Slam Winners, Grand Slam Runners Up, former top 10's.

Having Ostapenko and Kasatkina get this far is positive.
ostapenko sent the cibuikova the cheat packing today, so that was tremendous news for the tournament (and the sport, and humanity in general etc)

she's genuinely in incredible form. hopefully the semi against kerber is decent from both, then serena in the final since she'll batter gorges despite having zero movement atm

pliskova & svotlina doing a reverse sampras: peak for the minors, don't give a shit about the majors

quite hilarious that sloane is (or will be) the new no3 despite losing 1r lol. she's fucked come the US open swing, no way she defends all that

do you post on tennis forums btw? i've just read a post there by someone with the exact same username as you have on here

Like I've said, Nadal's tournament to lose
will be hilarious if isner tie-breaks past anderson then beats nadal or djokovic in the final - no return, can't volley

would literally be the most illegitimate champion since jan kodes in 1973

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
ostapenko sent the cibuikova the cheat packing today, so that was tremendous news for the tournament (and the sport, and humanity in general etc)

she's genuinely in incredible form. hopefully the semi against kerber is decent from both, then serena in the final since she'll batter gorges despite having zero movement atm

pliskova & svotlina doing a reverse sampras: peak for the minors, don't give a shit about the majors

quite hilarious that sloane is (or will be) the new no3 despite losing 1r lol. she's fucked come the US open swing, no way she defends all that

do you post on tennis forums btw? i've just read a post there by someone with the exact same username as you have on here
Ostapenko obviously enjoys the grass, she's very hot and cold but she's been mostly hot this tournament and that's a good sign. Really looking forward to the match with Kerber, so hard to call.

Serena will probably routine Goerges comfortably again just like she did at the French.

Pliskova and Svitolina just don't have the mentality for majors, Pliskova is a solid R16/QF final player nowadays, nothing more. Svitolina's best chance would probably come at Roland Garros; however I don't think she has the game to win a major.

Not impossible for Sloane but very unlikely, Sloane is either brilliant or shit but of course she's up there because of her form from August-September last year and her French Open run, she'll drop a bit no doubt.

And yes that would be me :D

121 - 140 of 496 Posts