Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Re: Wimbledon

Federer 15-40 2-3, 4 winner serves, GOAT

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Don't think a player has ever had an easier run to a title. As well as Fed played, when you don't face any of the other top 4 players or Wawrinka, and the best you face are Berdych and Cilic (decent at best), you know someone up there is smiling down on you... :)

Terrible championships really. Federer winning was a foregone conclusion before it started, and I predicted the women's final on the first Saturday...

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
6,993 Posts

He's done it yet again, continue to marvel at what this man has done. Sucks Cilic was injuired and it wasn't that competitive but Federer best player of the tournament by a mile.

36 years old and doesn't even drop a set..... :done

·
14,519 Posts

4 years ago when Federer was losing to jobbers I said he should retire. Hindsight often makes things look stupid, but I was incredibly wrong there.

The greatest ever.

Don't think a player has ever had an easier run to a title. As well as Fed played, when you don't face any of the other top 4 players or Wawrinka, and the best you face are Berdych and Cilic (decent at best), you know someone up there is smiling down on you... :)

Terrible championships really. Federer winning was a foregone conclusion before it started, and I predicted the women's final on the first Saturday...
Well Wawrinka lost in the first round and he is forever Fed's bitch, so I don't think that really matters. You have to say Federer in this form would have beaten his other 3 main rivals though. Murray and Djokovic have both had a pretty poor 2017 and have lost to worse players. Nadal does look good again, but he lost without an injury excuse, so that's on him. He didn't get beat by a star. If you replace someone in Fed's run to the final with Muller, you still would say it was an easy run. So yeah, it's very much on Nadal for playing crap tennis in those first two sets.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,388 Posts

1976 - the year the last time a player won the men's singles at Wimbledon without dropping a set (Bjorn Borg) before Federer did it in 2017.

:done

Takes 6 months off and comes back to win 2 majors

:done

What a man.

81 - 100 of 496 Posts