Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Re: Wimbledon

great win for Muller, defo the ice man!

Murray looked better against Mr Paire (don't mention his first name!) im starting to feel he may do something.

then i see Federer win with ease and i start to wonder again

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
6,993 Posts

Holy shit what a crazy day of tennis. Multiple 5 setters capped off by that insane Nadal/Muller match. Wow another early (ish) exit for Nadal at Wimbledon

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,388 Posts

Murray out

:mj2

He was looking ok in the first set and I thought he was going to get through and win, but the last two sets, you could tell his fitness was struggling and Querrey really upped his game and was dominating Murray and deserved to go through.

Murray just wasn't near 100% tbh.

Federer better win this fucking thing now :armfold

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts

Think djok will win it.

Hope I'm wrong tho he's a miserable bastard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Federer winning was a formality before the tournament even started, even more so after Nadal's exit. Shame for Murray today. Would have won in straight sets if anywhere near fully fit, had chances to do it anyway...

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

You guys think having children has affected Murray and Nole? Because ever since they became parents their level hasn't been the same. I think Andy is gonna be father for a second time and Nole became a father last year and his level dropped after that. Maybe the change on priorities has affected them, that and the injuries.

·
33,388 Posts

You guys think having children has affected Murray and Nole? Because ever since they became parents their level hasn't been the same. I think Andy is gonna be father for a second time and Nole became a father last year and his level dropped after that. Maybe the change on priorities has affected them, that and the injuries.
Injuries is the biggest thing for Murray tbh. Since becoming world number one at the end of last year, it's been stop start because of varying issues. His hip, he had shingles in February too. He's not had much time in the gym and on practice courts to get some sustained momentum and fitness together.

Just been a struggling year for him.

It fully caught up with him today. He needs to go rest and heal up and try and get near 100% again.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Injuries is the biggest thing for Murray tbh. Since becoming world number one at the end of last year, it's been stop start because of varying issues. His hip, he had shingles in February too. He's not had much time in the gym and on practice courts to get some sustained momentum and fitness together.

Just been a struggling year for him.

It fully caught up with him today. He needs to go rest and heal up and try and get near 100% again.
he didn't look anything like a player in those last 2 sets, looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

there was a chance in the 2nd set at a break up when i thought the match was over but credit to Querrey for beating him, he played a great match and hung in there when it looked all over.

·
33,388 Posts

he didn't look anything like a player in those last 2 sets, looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

there was a chance in the 2nd set at a break up when i thought the match was over but credit to Querrey for beating him, he played a great match and hung in there when it looked all over.
Yeah in those last two sets, it was a man whose body was saying to him "I just can't do this". He was really struggling to move properly and it was only a matter of time until he got beat the longer the match went.

Real shame as he looked ok in the first set and I was hoping he'd make the final, but he was having fitness problems during the last month esp so it was always going to be touch and go if he could make it that far.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Yeah in those last two sets, it was a man whose body was saying to him "I just can't do this". He was really struggling to move properly and it was only a matter of time until he got beat the longer the match went.

Real shame as he looked ok in the first set and I was hoping he'd make the final, but he was having fitness problems during the last month esp so it was always going to be touch and go if he could make it that far.
i was very disappointed to be honest, the mind is willing but the body let him down.

His first serve was horrendous, something that gained him the World Number 1 spot in the first place. Something is definitely amiss.

needs to rest up and see if the US open is available...

·
33,388 Posts

i was very disappointed to be honest, the mind is willing but the body let him down.

His first serve was horrendous, something that gained him the World Number 1 spot in the first place. Something is definitely amiss.

needs to rest up and see if the US open is available...
Yeah if he can rest up and get some sustained fitness together, the US could be ok for him tbh.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Yeah if he can rest up and get some sustained fitness together, the US could be ok for him tbh.
Depending on how bad he is of course.

Feds for the title, although i said that at the start, nothing that has happened yet has changed my mind

41 - 60 of 496 Posts