Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 496 Posts

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,921 Posts
How is anyone supposed to counter anything if you can't ask the coach for guidance? Every other sport does it. I'm a casual fan so I don't get the ruling. Explain it if you can.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of players can't actually afford to have a coach with them all the time. Which as you can imagine would be a huge disadvantage to the lower ranked players.

To be honest, I hate the idea that a player can get advice and coaching during a match. Tennis is a mental game. They should be able to adapt to their opponent, if they cannot do this, they're not good enough on the day.

Who cares what other sports do. Tennis is a unique game with unique rules.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of players can't actually afford to have a coach with them all the time. Which as you can imagine would be a huge disadvantage to the lower ranked players.

To be honest, I hate the idea that a player can get advice and coaching during a match. Tennis is a mental game. They should be able to adapt to their opponent, if they cannot do this, they're not good enough on the day.

Who cares what other sports do. Tennis is a unique game with unique rules.
I suppose that makes some sense..

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Serena is a fucking disgusting human being. She should learn to STFU. what an arrogant prick.

Is there actually any person with more than one braincell defending this???? The cesspool knwon as twitter is the worst thing I’ve seen but what can you expect from it
Lots, because she was supposedly fighting against sexism and for females everywhere!

Crock of shit. She's clearly a nasty person in this video.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Serena is a fucking disgusting human being. She should learn to STFU. what an arrogant prick.

Is there actually any person with more than one braincell defending this???? The cesspool knwon as twitter is the worst thing I’ve seen but what can you expect from it
Serena Williams is a disgrace and should be fined and 'managed out of the game of tennis'.

Hypocritical part of this is that whenever Serena Williams is asked about her daughter from the media, she gives up very little information (which is fair enough), but when she is down in a tennis match, one of the first things Williams says to the umpire is (paraphrasing) "I have a daughter and I set an example for her". Mentions her daughter when she thinks it may help her cause.

And Serena Williams' coach, Patrick Mouratoglou admitted to Pam Shriver that he was 'coaching' by moving his hands forward as to say 'move into the net'.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I honestly have never seen the admiration in serena williams. She doesnt come across like a humble person. She thinks shes bigger than the game.

It keeps getting brought up about her daughter in every public utterance like she should be commended as if shes done something never done before and now she is even using it as a means to defend herself in a tennis game as if she should be exempt from criticism because shes a mother.

its very tiring, shes simply a sore loser and ruined another persons big moment but I guess thats ok because "its not fair", disgusting person, grow up. You aint setting any good examples with this shit. That other player had nothing to do with what happened so at least have the respect not to ruin her big moment with your tantrum. Youve had enough big moments in the past, stop being selfish.

she even gave a self righteous lecture in the press conference afterwards on how you should be gracious and remain humble when things dont go the way you want them to.......what a joke. She doesnt seem to see any error in her ways at all.

you want to talk about apologies? how about you apologise to the other player for ruining her win?

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Saw the clip of her press conference afterwards classing Ramos as "sexist".

She spins it very cleverly just to get sympathy and support, to some extent I can see where she is coming from, I've seen the likes of Kyrgios, Sock, Fognini, Verdasco kick off at umpires yet the umpires do nothing and just let it go; however I've also seen a few bits of Ramos in other matches and it does seem he is more stricter than most umpires, which of course is a good thing.

She blew everything out of proportion all starting with the "cheating incident", Ramos stuck by the rules and rightfully warned her, she kicked off as if Ramos classed her as a cheat which he didn't, she didn't cheat, Mouratoglou cheated, the warning was down to him, as I posted last night if anybody deserves verbal abuse from her it's him, not Ramos.

So much ridiculousness, seeing all the headlines "Serena outburst" etc... when it should read "20 Year Old Naomi Osaka downs Serena to claim first Grand Slam" or something along those lines. Serena took the moment away from Naomi, one of the brightest upcoming talents in the Women's game, one of the sweetest players on tour, a fan of hers growing up, to make it all about herself, whether publicly or privately I hope she gives Naomi an apology.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Im shocked at all the news outlets giving this so much time as serena defending women of the sport. Im clearly missing something here because I don't see how her gender made any difference.

just seems like an attempt to distract people from the fact she acted like an immature moron. If she had a point to make then she couldve made it in a more dignified way rather than smashing her racquet on the floor and shouting "its not fair"......youd never guess she is 37 years old.

I simply cant believe that yet again shes being basically hailed as a hero rather than called out for her actions. She literally can do no wrong. Shes so called "defending women" but was quite happy to ruin the other woman's moment in her match. Whats that? collateral damage?

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I am starting to believe what Safin said a couple of weeks ago when he was asked why do you think the Big 3-4 keeps winning all the Grand Slams, Safin answer that "the young guys level is very low". I don't think they are not talented enough or don't have the physique, but their mental strenght is very low. Thiem, Zverev, Raonic can pull an upset in a 5 set match against the big 3, but not the 2 or 3 they need to win a Grand Slam. Maybe they need to get more mature, Wawrinka was considered talented, but it wasn't until he was in his 30s that he had the confidence and mental strenght to beat Rafa, Nole and Roger in back to back matches in the Grand Slams and now he is HOF with 3 different Grand Slams, something not even Murray has been able to accomplish.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,921 Posts
I don't think it's anything other than the times have changed.

In the past, players over the age of 30 were starting to wind down - which allowed the younger players to shine and forge their own story. Nowadays, improved fitness and nutrition regimes allow the older generation like Federer, Djokovic, Nadal etc. to play longer - these three are literally head and shoulders above everyone else. They are three of the greats.

That's not a knock on the younger guys because they are just that, young. Inexperienced.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts

She tells a referee if you ever see me you better look the other way. Some would take that as a threat to do physical harm.

181 - 200 of 496 Posts