Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's at the point in which it's unbearable and REALLY takes away from the show. The way they completely undersell everything and shrug it all off. Im watching Final Resolution now and Jeff just hit a Twist of Fate early into the match and they completely play it down like it was nothing. Tenay was amazing 5 years ago but has slowly got worse and worse and right now he's like a shell of his former self. Taz has never been a particularly good ref but in WWE he was always decent - in TNA he's just horrible. Maybe he's not used to all the freedom he's got now compared to WWE but he sucks so badly. He tries giving insight like hes Joe Rogan or something and it just does not work at all.

Don West on play by play, Foley on color. Please? Enthusiasm.. insight.. humor.

Maybe 1 day Joey Styles will grow a pair and leave WWE and call matches again

Anything but Taz and Tenay, individually or collectively. They are THE WORST

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've always thought these two were terrible. They have no emotion whatsoever, they are just two people sitting there talking about what is happening, there's no reaction to the actual events.

I like your idea of Mick on commentary :)

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Agree all the way, they are a terrible announce team. They undersell everything, especially Taz. He tries to sound smart by randomly throwing out names for moves but it doesn't hide the fact that he sucks. They have no energy or chemistry and they always take away from the matches instead of adding to them.

Bring back Don West with Tenay, atleast he brought excitement to the PPV's. Sure he wasn't a wrestling textbook, but he knows how to put things over atleast. I'd love to see Foley on the team but that's not gonna happen, I don't think it's something he's intesested in.

·
Banned
295 Posts
At this point you could bring in Steve "Mongo" McMichael or Stevie Ray and it would be an improvement. Is Don "Cyrus" Callis not available? Or even someone like Kevin Kelly or Scott Hudson? They are all better than what TNA are currently using.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Yeah, tonight was pretty bad.

They barely acknowledged big moments.

Instead of getting excited over the matches they get excited over whatever pointless argument they're having.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Tenay is fine with the right color commentator but Taz has proven to be absolutely dreadful without Vince yelling in his ear telling him what to say. No wonder Vince never promoted him to RAW. Best thing to do would be to convince Foley to stay on as a color commentator.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
What exactly is Foley doing right now anyway? Why not make him a commentator?

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
TNA could have killed two birds with one stone earlier this year, get rid of Vince Russo and bring in Jim Ross.

Taz/Tenay are going to be the team for a while...:no:

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Yeah, tonight was pretty bad.

They barely acknowledged big moments.

Instead of getting excited over the matches they get excited over whatever pointless argument they're having.
You know, I keep looking at your sig there, and I’m kind of surprised TNA haven’t given ‘The Professor’ a faction yet.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I would do what the WWE is doing with C.M. Punk, and what TNA should have done a long time ago and make Desmond Wolfe a Color Commentator until he got healthy.

I don't think Tenay is the problem, it's Taz. He's just been dreadful.

Tenay's problem is he lack of enthusiasm. Just look at what happened when MCMG finally won the Tag Titles after 3 years of chasing them.

Tenay should have sold how important that was. He didn't have to go nuts like J.R., but he definitely should have placed more significance on that moment.

They definitely need someone else as a Color Commentator, but Play by Play guys don't grow on trees.

Joey Styles' WWE contract just ran out.

There definitely needs to be a change at the booth.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
The commentary is headache inducing, yes. Thing is it's no different to the wrestling or the booking, in that sense.

Tenay and Taz have the unenviable job of deciphering the shit that Russo gives them to work with.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Raven would make a good replacement to Taz. Joey Styles would make a good replacement for Tenay. He's under contract with WWE.com, but apparently it's not written.

Too bad they couldn't get JR. He could greatly improve the product.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Watching TNA Epics/Old shows they show on Bravo really makes me miss the West/Tenay combo. And I'm not even talking about DW as a heel right now..

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
[email protected] people making excuses for Tenay. Are there people out there who after 8 years are SERIOUSLY making excuses for Tenay and saying he is NOT the problem? PFP Mike Tenay is the worse going today. The day TNA gets some fresh voices on the headsets will be a goodd day.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
According to Heyman, Jim Ross got a piss-poor offer from TNA which was just announcing rather than the management job he wanted. Tenay is worn out and I think it's time to replace him. Unlike his times with Don West, he isn't excited about the product.

How does everyone feel about Borash and Taz as a replacement? I don't see them getting a colour replacement and I don't see anyone else that would want to do play-by-play and I think Borash on Xplosion is just him being trained for the replacement. Just don't get SoCal Val to ring announce.

By the way, Joey Styles is STILL working as a WWE employee under the Interactive section. Like JR, he can go back to announcing as long as it's not competitive, so he could do MMA but not TNA.

·
Registered
934 Posts
JB and Taz would be fine. Although I don't see the big problem with Taz and Tenay. They can both call big moments and moves when they NEED to, and they actually do have some funny moments. I don't get all the hate towards the TNA commentary atm. It's the last thing TNA should be worried about.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Fire Tenay, add Borash, and bring back Don West. That's everything they need to do in order to make announcing better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts