Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks ten years since the "WWF" changed its name to "WWE". Does it feel like a decade? Not to me. How about you guys?

I just finished watching the first Raw with the name change (6 May 2002) and it was a pretty good show. It was the one where Flair turned on Austin and joined the NWO.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Thanks for that information. And now back to important business.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Only thing I still hate is how WWE can't use attitude era logo, but they can use all other WWF logos, and they can't say WWF but they can say world wrestling federation! I understand why they had to give up the WWF initials, but don't get how they had to blur out only one logo and not the others that all obviously did say WWF on it.

When they changed the logo, they should have just added an extra line since that's obviously the only difference from F and E.

Or even just call it WWFE. They could still just refer to themselves as world wrestling federation, but their trade name would be WWFE.

10 years of WWE, and only 1 year of WWF watching for me lol. People might say that it'd suck that I didn't see attitude era, but seeing how addicted people on this site are to attitude era, I'm sorta happy I didn't. If you constantly compare today to best stuff ever, obviously today isn't gonna be as good.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
Thanks for that information. And now back to important business.
Is anything on this website important business? :no:

I also just got done watch the first episode of the Raw with the name change, I can't believe its been 10 years.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
'Get the F out'

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
It feels like even longer to me, I don't even think about it as the WWF anymore. The re-branding worked.

Get the F out! <- Loved that!

·
Banned
914 Posts
Today marks ten years since the "WWF" changed its name to "WWE". Does it feel like a decade? Not to me. How about you guys?

I just finished watching the first Raw with the name change (6 May 2002) and it was a pretty good show. It was the one where Flair turned on Austin and joined the NWO.
Probably have something to do with the fact that there is lesser difference in video quality between 2012 and 2002 than let's say 2002 and 1992.

To be honest, most of the Ruthless Aggression stuff still feels like it just happened yesterday for me.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
was this not posted yesterday with almost the same title.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Feels like four or five years tops, and that's stretching it. I feel like it was not too long ago I watched Austin and Bischoff over on Raw fighting over the GM spot, Lesnar and McMahon running things on Smackdown and it was just a great era. People dumped on it at the time but looking back it really was something.

man I miss being a kid again and not having to worry about spoilers or dirt sheets and just watched the show because I enjoyed it, not over thinking or looking into storylines too much, asking so many questions about it making sense or not.

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
I remember watching Raw and Hogan was the champion. He came out posing and Michael Cole said "WWE Champion". I was like "what did he say". At the time I wasn't aware of the legal dramas the WWF and the WWF were having.

·
Banned
833 Posts
Feels like four or five years tops, and that's stretching it. I feel like it was not too long ago I watched Austin and Bischoff over on Raw fighting over the GM spot, Lesnar and McMahon running things on Smackdown and it was just a great era. People dumped on it at the time but looking back it really was something.

man I miss being a kid again and not having to worry about spoilers or dirt sheets and just watched the show because I enjoyed it, not over thinking or looking into storylines too much, asking so many questions about it making sense or not.

this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts