Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Mother of God, it is embarrassing that Robbie E/Devon was a match on a 40 dollar PPV but it nothing short of astonishing and appalling that it was a title match.

Shouldn't this be the company's equivalent to the Intercontinental belt? How in the world is Devon champ and retaining with a lackluster spinebuster on a 4th rate Jersey Shore impersonator?

How about A.J. Styles for T.V. Champ?
All they can ever think to to book Styles against is Daniels, Kazarian or Angle. There are about 15 decent guys on the roster doing nothing that he could be wrestling for the Television Title. How about Douglas Williams or D'Angelo Dinero? Either one of those guys could work a really nice program with Styles for the television belt and elevate it with good promo segments as well as matches.

I also don't understand how RVD was just in the number 1 contendership for no reason. For instance, some of RVD's best matches were for the T.V. title and TNA even revisited the Jerry Lynn series but RVD has NEVER been in a match for the T.V. Title.

How about Kazarian? Now, I know I wouldn't really be too thrilled with him wrestling Daniels or Styles again but he'd be a great guy for that championship. He's an X Division guy, but a bit higher than that and a bit lower than the main event. Furthermore, he's never been the champ.

How about Joseph Parks, Esquire? He'd want the belt because as Television Champ it would be mandatory for him to be on television weekly. He could use it as a platform to search out his sorely missed dear brother.

People who would be better T.V. Champs Than Devon

Long Story Short: At least half the roster

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Crimson is someone I'd love to see get the TV title, especially now it is going to be defended on every show, have him defend his title and undefeated streak every week on impact with a little promo every week. This gets the TV title over and gets Crimson over as it gives him time to build his character

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Remove the red belt, change the name to the I.W. North-American Title and give a nice look

Add the Mexican, USA , and Canadian flag to it

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Devon vs Robbie from Lockdown was pretty much dead on arrival. No feud on Impact, 4-minute match, two undercarders. You do the math.

But if what I'm seeing here about the title being defended every show (I don't read the spoilers) then that sounds good to me. Similar to something I do in an EWR game called the Challenge Title (same defense stipulation). If they're creative with it, there's plenty of sweet stuff they can do with having it on the line every show.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
D-Von/Robbie E. at Lockdown was pretty good but it stopped once it really started to get going. I think some people can't get over the fact that D-Von is actually good in the ring, on the mic, and is over with the fans. I don't mind a guy who can work being champion. I would like to see the belt transitioned off of him and yes guys like Douglas Williams and The Pope are RIGHT THERE and I would love to see TNA have some faith in those two in the coming months.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Just give it to Doug Williams seriously that guy would give the title some cred again and put on some awesome matches

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just give it to Doug Williams seriously that guy would give the title some cred again and put on some awesome matches
I agree with this, Williams' TV title reign was criminally short. He could be like Dean Malenko when he was WCW US/Cruiserweight champ, constantly putting on great matches with guys under the character of "I'm a freaking awesome wrestler". He doesn't have to main event, just be featured more.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm glad they're going to do more with the TV Title belt as it has so many uses.

Give it to the likes of AJ, Daniels, Williams or Kaz - guaranteed good matches and acts as a reward for the guys who work hard but (with the possible exception of AJ) aren't gonna get the Heavyweight Championship any time soon.

Give it to Aries - double belt adds to his dominance and badassery.

Give it to Crimson - not a big Crimson fan but the powers that be at TNA seem to like him. But the streak is an albatross around his neck. He could lose the streak then quickly gain the TV Belt - that way it gets rid of the streak and keeps his profile high (if that's what they want).

The TV Belt has so much potential as a way of booking exciting matches without wasting time on building feuds AND rewarding midcarders; it's a shame it's been wasted for so long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts