Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a song I listen to quite alot, but the actual statement has direct meaning. Television clearly brainwashes, and for that matter indoctrinates the nation. The problem obviously being the people. Why do people give in to the propaganda? Why do people take hearsay/passed by information as absolute truth? Why do people tend to follow suit like sheep towards the "popular" opinion or for that matter what they consider to be right?

Why can't you fucking expand your mind beyond all the simplicity bullshit that you're fuelled with, and decide things on your own merit. Some television here in Australia is a fucking disgrace, when you have programs like Today Tonight and A Current Affair which are absolute garbage.

Example (although funny):

Didn't know where to put this, and just wanted a small vent.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Of course, television is just another means of the government and people in position's of power telling us how to think. There will always be sensationalized news outlets, 60 Minutes instantly comes to mind for that bullshit. I can't stand these kind of shows.

Australia is becoming scarily like Nineteen Eighty Four.

·
40,798 Posts
I'm ready for the Revolution. Let's go.

60 Minutes as sensationalized news is fucking hilarious when Fox News exists.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
60 Minutes is so bad here. They've always taken one side and not touched on the other, but it's been gradually getting worse here.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
Just like any mind controlling device. It only works if you let it. Unfortunately the vast majority lets it. You gotta learn to read between the lines and sift through the bullshit. The truth is there wedged somewhere between the beer ads and the celebrity ass shots.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Agreed. I detest television and movies, the only programs that I can handle are reality shows (not including gameshow/contest ones)

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
I don't really watch the news because its so biased and all the political bullshit that goes along with it is sickening.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
Not just television, but tabloids, magazines, newspapers...all pure bullshit. People eat this stuff up on a constant basis. I guess it's alot easier for most to believe what's been conveniently presented to them than to do some real reasearch and form their own educated opinions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts