Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wikipedia said:
In the United States, a tailgate party is a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle. Tailgating often involves consuming alcoholic beverages and grilling food. Tailgate parties usually occur in the parking lots at stadiums and arenas, before and occasionally after games and concerts. People attending such a party are said to be tailgating. Many people participate even if their vehicles do not have tailgates. Also, many people don't even go into the game and just go to the tailgate to party.
So... DiBiase wants his new gimmick is to host pre-house show/TV/PPV tailgate party/BBQs. In this video he also acknowledges that copying his dad's gimmick didn't work out. Your thoughts?

Also, if you're a fan of DiBiase (or you want to watch a good match) check out DiBiase vs Tyson Kidd in this week's Superstars.

·
Registered
798 Posts
So...... his new gimmick is Hank Hill? I feel bad for Ted having to follow such an amazing gimmick has father had. I know he will come up with something good though, I hope. This tailgate video just makes me laugh.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
He's going the zack Ryder route :lmao

I hate tailgaters, but at least he's trying something new

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey, at least he's trying to stand out from everyone else. That should count for something, I guess...

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I think he's pretty entertaining in the ring but he lacks so much presence, so no matter what he does it just always falls on deaf ears.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
This is one step to turning Ted totally babyface, which is way overdue.
He should say that he hates being rich and hates being DiBiase's son because DiBiase is a legendary bastard.
Daddy Dearest cuts DiBiase off, takes him to court for gimmick infringement, etc, basically makes him a pauper.
So then Ted finds out that he likes being the Gee Shucks Blue Collar Working Guy and his more Joe SixPack behavior helps his career in ring and out.

Tailgating could be a very fun part of this gimmick and a good way to get fan involvement.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
If it means free hotdogs and hamburgers before the events, I'd dig it!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts