Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or the match they had on NXT last night is WWE's MOTY so far? They put one hell of performance with a great back and forth action, and of course i marked out like a little girl when Ted won :D. I mean, it's just so good it actually woke the dead crowd up, Ted totally shined and Bryan was being Bryan. It's a shame this match didn't take place on Raw because not a lot of people watch NXT.

It's just so sad to see what they're doing on Raw these days, i feel they're very misused, they could have contributed a lot to the US title scene, last night match was what i'm talking about when i said that they should have prolonged the feud between Ted and Bryan after the Survivor Series, i think WWE has did make a huge blunder when they threw Bryan in the Bellas storyline and gave a losing streak angle for Ted, both didn't come out any better at the end.

I'm not sure if Bryan will restart his feud with Ted because they've faced each other many times in tag team matches before but after a fantastic match last night i'd definitely like to see a renewed US title program between these two.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
It was a very good match. I'd say it was better than Daniels match with Morrison or Morrisons match with the Miz. They gave this match a damn good amount of time. If Morrison/Bryan got anywhere near the same amount of time that could have been a better match though. Before that match from last night that I saw on youtube a couple of hours ago I didn't think much of DiBiase at all.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Daniel Bryan has wins over Miz and Ziggler but he somehow isn't bigger. Want to know why? He isn't advancing up the ladder. He still isn't that over with the crowd. Loses to Ted Dibiase and John Morrison hurt him.

With that said, the match was very very good. I just wish he came out on top.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
It was a pretty good match. It took DiBiase up a mark in my book. When you give Danielson more than a 2 minute match, it's going to be good.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Some nice moves, flowed well in segments, but it seemed a little disjointed somehow.

And is it my imagination, or does the ring look smaller, than the one used on Raw? And the ropes look saggy.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daniel Bryan has wins over Miz and Ziggler but he somehow isn't bigger. Want to know why? He isn't advancing up the ladder. He still isn't that over with the crowd. Loses to Ted Dibiase and John Morrison hurt him.

With that said, the match was very very good. I just wish he came out on top.
A loss to Ted didn't hurt him simply because nobody watches this show. :p

The problem with Raw's booking of Bryan is, he has no credible challengers left, most midcarders on Raw are jobbers except Morrison who is above US Title at this point, as a result Bryan must lose to balance things out in midcard division. They already tried to build Tyson Kidd up but they buried him and his bodyguard before his feud with Bryan even started which was fpalm-worthy.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Very good match - should have been the match they had on RAW last night instead of that joke of a mixed-tag match with the relationship promo.

MOTY? Hmmm...maybe. It takes a lot to get an NXT crowd cheering (although that was helped by Ziggler and Truth) but the performance was fantastic. I think the fact that it cut away twice from the action made the match feel longer than it actually was and slightly disjointed as silverspirit2001 said.
So far, my MOTY (on effectively 'of the month') goes to Cena vs Punk on last week's RAW.
Let's also not forget that there hasn't been a PPV so far this year either - the Royal Rumble itself could out do the entire month's performances combined!

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Dibiase was a underrated worker who's been doing bland segments for months and Danielson is Danielson. I'll check this out later today.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I actually thought Ziggler and Truth did a nice job of getting the crowd into it. Let's be honest, the place was pretty quiet until those two started talking. It was still an excellent match but having the crowd on the edge of their seat is key. Nice to see a heel win a match cleanly too. A contest like that deserves to have a clean finish.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Just watched it, it was a great match. People should go check it out if they haven't.

Wouldn't quite put it at MOTY, but close second behind Miz/Morrison for the moment. Dibiase winning was...shocking. But hey, people don't give him any credit, he might be a tad boring outside of the ring, but he's a good in ring worker when given the chance and time to pull out a great match.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts