Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to gather some opinions about Raw's team for WWE's next Pay-per-view event; Bragging Rights.

So far there is;

The Miz (c)
Santino Marella
R-Truth
John Morrison
CM Punk
Sheamus

So i'm just going to ask a few questions.

Who (in your opinion) do you believe will be the stand out star in the Raw team?
Who do you feel is the most deserving of their current spot in team Raw?
Who would replace? Who would you replace them with, and why?
Who do you think the final member will be?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
He's not on there but when we get mark "ratings" henry team raw will be amazing...and the ppv buy rates will rival wrestlemania....

i would replace santino with zack ryder, and the zookeeper with any human being with a pulse

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
1. Sheamus is the stand out star no doubt about it, John Morrison will be made to look impressive throughout the match also, but i can see WWE protecting The Miz the most so if Team Raw wins he'll be the one who will take the victory pin.

2. The Miz is the most deserving i guess, he's the guy with the most momentum to win WWE champion someday so he will need as much exposure as needed.

3. I will definitely replace Santino with Ted DiBiase, i still can't believe they actually picked R-Truth over Ted. :no:

4. Ezekiel Jackson.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
1) John Morrison will be the stand out star just like he is in just about every multi man match.

2) John Morrison and CM Punk are the most deserving of their spots imo but it's a bit of a vague question. Sheamus should definitely be team captain over The Miz.

3) I would have replaced Santino with either Zack Ryder or Evan Bourne, Santino makes the match seem somewhat of a joke as does Hornswoggle being the mascot for Team SmackDown.

4) Yeh I guess I'll go with Ezekiel Jackson uswell.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
Hopefully Santino get's destoryed in the coming weeks, and is replaced with someone else. Santino on the team is a joke

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hopefully Santino get's destoryed in the coming weeks, and is replaced with someone else. Santino on the team is a joke
I was thinking that will happen
Either get Santino out of there or let him get the victory and turn the whole thing into a joke lol

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
1. The standout stars in this match imo will be John Morrison and The Miz.

- Morrison flourishes and always stands out a lot more than most in multi-man matches because of his in ring appeal, I also think as the biggest face on the team they will make him look impressive.
- I think if RAW were to get the win, Miz will get the pin to make him look impressive readying him for the main event.

2. Kayfabe wise everyone is deserving of their spots on Team RAW since they won matches to make it. I guess The Miz defeated the toughest opponent even if it wasn't clean. Sheamus defeated the US Champion so his spot is deserved too. As for least deserved...Santino beat Zach Ryder and Truth beat Dibiase due to interference, so them.

3. I'm not sure I would replace anyone because as much as Santino and Truth have zero credibility, they are faces. Take them both off, replace them with heels and you have one face and five heels, not an even ratio. I can't think of any other face to take a spot. If Bryan isn't having a US/IC title clash then he should have been swapped for Santino and I guess if Henry is coming in as the 7th member then Truth could be replaced by Dibiase.

4. The final member will be Mark Henry I think. They haven't hyped the 7th member as any kind of surprise so it's not something that's built up to be a big debut or shock to anyone. Henry wasn't able to make RAW and they need the big strong face to clash with Smackdowns big strong face (Show), so Mark Henry methinks.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I thought the weakest moment of this week's Raw was after Sheamus was added, Jerry Lawler said he liked the way the team was shaping up. Really? With perennial jobbers R-Truth and Santino you like the way the team is shaping up? Punk hadn't yet been added and he didn't know who the captain was at that point.

I've been enjoying Raw more lately but this was just one of those examples of blind optimism that insults the intelligence of the audience. Not a total buzzkill but just one of those eye-rolling moments. If the future of the show were at stake, I'd be miserable over the fact that only half the team at that point could be taken seriously (Morrison & Sheamus).

W/regard to Truth though, I've liked his new edgier image (new song, coming out w/Eve, backstage segments w/Cena) and was glad to see him win over DiBiase who I just think couldn't be more devoid of personality. You know things are bad when you're thrown into a feud with Goldust (no disrespect to the Bizarre One but he's not the kind of guy who's going to elevate your career). I thought his pairing w/Maryse was a good idea at first but now I think he's actually holding her back! His gimmick should be good enough to get him over he just doesn't have the charisma to sell it.

If I were going to build the best possible squad for the Raw roster it would consist of

-John Cena
-Sheamus
-CM Punk
-John Morrison
-The Miz
-Brian Danielson
-Evan Bourne

I purposely left off Randy Orton and Wade Barrett because obviously, they've got a match against each other. I also left off Chris Jericho because, speaking kayfabe-wise, he's too much of an egomaniac and a poser that I could easily see him costing his team the match. He has no motivation to help a team succeed. The only time he's truly on his A game is when he's out for himself. The one pick I'm not real keen on is Danielson only because he's on such a losing streak but anybody else that could be plugged in as the seventh man could easily be a liability as well. I though maybe they could also go with Justin Gabriel or Tyson Kidd but it's not like they're any better.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Who (in your opinion) do you believe will be the stand out star in the Raw team?
Sheamus. I think and hope he will be the sole survivor. He needs some credibility after losing the Championship. I'm hoping for a clean win over Rey Mysterio.

I guess it's The Miz. I think he deserves to be captain. Afterall, he needs something that makes him seem important after tapping out twice to Daniel Bryan.

Santino and the remaining member should be The Hart Dynasty. It's stupid that they're even thinking of breaking these two up yet.

Mark Henry. It's always Mark Henry.

·
Registered
133 Posts
- Sheamus. He lost his world title, but they need to make sure he doesn't lose his edge. They make him dominate the match and he keeps his upped heel status.

- CM Punk. The guy has been running WWE's most underrated story-lines and having some awesome matches over the past 6 months. It's CM Punk for sure.

- Get rid of ridiculous Santino Marella and put Ted DiBiase in the damn match. They need to do something with him before he goes to TNA.

- The Miz.

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
- The Miz.
What? He's the team captain already...

Who (in your opinion) do you believe will be the stand out star in the Raw team? Unfortunately, Sheamus will be booked as the standout. He'll eliminate the most people, although thankfully, Miz will get the win.

Who do you feel is the most deserving of their current spot in team Raw? CM Punk. He's a beast.

Who would replace? Who would you replace them with, and why? Replace Santino with Alex Riley.

Who do you think the final member will be? Mark Henry.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
What? He's the team captain already...Who (in your opinion) do you believe will be the stand out star in the Raw team? Unfortunately, Sheamus will be booked as the standout. He'll eliminate the most people, although thankfully, Miz will get the win.
I didn't thnk it was elimination? I thought it was just a regular 7 on 7 tag match like last year.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
fpalm You're right. I'm confusing it with Survivor Series.

Well, he'll dominate the most then. Whatever, they'll give him the most protection.
I'm not sure, I think Morrison/Punk/Miz/Sheamus will all get protection, with the other three not so much. But I can see Miz looking the best sincce I think they're prepping him for his title run in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Miz, because he outlasted John Cena as the captain for team raw and if team raw will win this match, i think The Miz is the last person who pin the smackdown superstar

CM Punk, because he's just traded to raw and i think he must make an impact to team raw so that people can respect him

Well, if we are talking about wrestling skills here, Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan deserves a spot. Ted DiBiase also deserve a spot on the team. R-Truth and Santino Marella must be replaced with those men

Mark Henry

·
Registered
655 Posts
I was hoping for an elimination match but I guess we get to see a boring 1 fall match where everyone runs in at the end to take each other out of the ring than yeah everyone knows the rest.

STANDOUT:
John Morrison - Always performs great in a multi person environment.

MOST DESERVING:
CM Punk - He has been patient throughout the last year with the shit feuds he has been placed in so it's about time he gets to do something that will be recocnized.

REPLACED:
I read on here that Santino will be in a few matches with Nexus or something like that so i'm thinking he gets taken out and 2 Nexus members take the last 2 open spots.

FINAL MEMBER:
See above.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you cant protect everybody in the match. somebody has to be the fall guy. skill wise for team raw, john morrison who has been impressive lately will look good against the more athletic smackdown team. sheamus will dominate most of the smaller athletic guys on the sd team. cm punk will do his thing as usual. i think truth will get in some nice spots and flashy offense..he is the high energy guy needed to compete with kingston and mysterio. santino my not even make it to the match. maybe the nexus takes him out and miz replaces santino with riley(which isnt any better) and the last guy will be mark henry if he's back in time to compete with the big show. i dont think that the wwe returns zeke here. i think that they would be able to capatilize heavyly off of a zeke return and to put him in a match where he wouldnt get the pin would kill that buzz. team sd obviously has the best team but they will self implode and allow alex riley if he is not in the match to help the miz pin team sd fall guy kofi kingston.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts