Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it seems like they are trying to revamp the tag division. From the current main roster not including NXT, does anyone have any ideas for new tag teams?

Current Teams
Air Boom(Bourne/Kingston)
McGillicutty/Otunga
The Usos
Mahal/Khali
The Awesome Truth(Miz/Truth) - this is more of alliance then tag team but the could feud with Air Boom at Night Of Champions.

New Teams
Barreta/Hawkins (Have faction with these two & Ryder)
Santino/Yoshi (since Vladimir is gone give Santino another partner I think Yoshi would be a good choice)
Brodus Clay & Tyler Reks I just wanna see these two guys get a push of some sort.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Triple Broski Alliance - Ryder, Hawkins and Baretta, I'd make them a freebird type team, the abbreviation is TBA and anytime anyone wants to know who will be fighting they could say TBA which has the double meaning of their team name and also 'to be announced'

I realise its not a sparkling idea but its a selling point to start with

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins - Since Ryder is already Teddy Long's assistant, and the Major Broskis already served as Edge's flunkies, I would make Ryder & Hawkins as Triple H's version of the Stooges. They would be tweeners, mainly fighting on the heel side against other faces. Hawkins would be a badass heel, while Ryder is Hawkins' wacky sidekick who continues to pander to the fans as he does now.

Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez - They wouldn't compete for the tag titles, but Ricardo will always be Del Rio's partner in main event tag matches playa. Ricardo would have his separate entrance music and be given the Mr. Kennedy/Anderson gimmick of introducing himself, before proceeding to introduce Del Rio as normal.

The Miz & Alex Riley - Although Miz is a main eventer and Riley has potential as a singles star, these two are too similar in look to not make them a semi-regular tag team once The Miz turns face. These two would fill the role of the super face team, much like HHH/HBK or Edge/Christian before Michaels & Edge's respective retirements. Despite being higher on the totem pole, Miz would be the face in peril, as his smaller size allows him to more believably play a Cena-esque underdog. Also, Riley has an intensity suited towards being the hot tag guy. Until Riley improves in the ring, he can simply be limited to making a hot tag, doing his own "Moves of Doom" whatever those may be and then tagging The Miz back in to finish the match. Their theme song would be "Say It To My Face" preceded by The Miz's "Awwwweeesommmmeeeee."

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Change Curt Hawkins character to one similar to Zack Ryder and team them two up again as neither man is or has done anything for a very long time

Sign The Young Bucks who are currently free agents

Hurry up and sign The Kings Of Wrestling

As soon as Air Boom lose the Tag Team titles split them up and team Evan Bourne and Trent Barretta up together as the WWE version of The Motor City Machine Guns in TNA

Team Titus O'Neil with one of either Xavier Woods or Percy Watson and push them as a serious black tag team like Harlem Heat

This on top of The Uso Brothers and The Nexus team of David Otunga and Joe Hennig and there is a good tag team division for the first time in years.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
legit tag teams without it looking corny..

Air Boom
Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
Awesome Truth
Sheamus and Drew Mcintyre (The Celtics)
Rey Mysterio and Face Sin Cara

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmmm i would like to see miz and truth in the tag team division
maybe bring the rotundo brothers after bo comes back
and maybe the two sin caras?could be fun

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
772 Posts
Does anybody else think that Kofi/Gabriel would be better than Kofi/Bourne?

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to bring Ryder & Hawkins together. Hawkins is still the same character that he was in tags with Ryder or Archer. Just make his the Party Starter persona more playful, to fit with what Zack did with Long Island Iced Z, and you have a team that's gonna be mad over.
Throw in some Dirt Sheet type of show and you made it. They already have a great chemistry and are used to work together. No reason to keep THE MAJOR BROSKIS apart if they have no idea how to use Ryder, and Hawkins isn't used at all. The Tag Team revival movement needs organic tag teams, not random mashups like Miz & Truth that will split at first sign of a singles story for any of the two.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anybody else think that Kofi/Gabriel would be better than Kofi/Bourne?
Well maybe they could be but I like to see Gabriel get a nice singles run since he has been in tag team for most of his time on the main roster

·
Registered
820 Posts
They're only making a fuss of the tag teams right now because NOC is coming up and they need a match for the titles for that.

Soon be forgotten about again.

That in mind, there's not much point in teaming anyone up. What's the life expectancy of a tag team in WWE nowadays anyway?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts