Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SPOILER, IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED 9.30.10 iMPACT!

Team 3D's big announcement.
Said on iMPACT! during Ink inc. vs Gen me match that Team 3D have a huge announcement to make on 10.7.10 (live before the glory iMPACT! special) or BFG I cant remember
What do you think it will be. Officialy retirement? Resignation? What are your ideas?

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
I thought I heard the announcement would be at Bound for Glory, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I hope to God they are announcing their retirement.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I hope it's to announce that they're being put into the TNA World Tag Team title match at Bound for Glory. Don't get me wrong, I think MCMG and Gen-Men have good chemistry, but here are the problems:

1) Gen-Me and MCMG have already have two matches on ppv together this year
2) In addition to one or two matches on iMPACT!
3) MCMG have won EVERY won of those matches. So if they win again, it's redundant. If they lose, it's predictable.

If they include Team 3D and Ink, Inc. TNA will be giving us a BIG tag title match, with two really hot teams, one so-so team (who can put on a good show), and one team of legends. It would have star power, it would be entertaining, and you could further the GM/MCMG feud further without giving us the same thing. Hell, make it elimination style and give the last few minutes to those two to tease their final encounter.

I agree that Team 3D should retire soon, but it deserves to be done in a very big way, and probably not in TNA.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
My hope is that they appear on the PPV to announce their retirement. They say that they've accomplished everything there is in tag team wrestling, and that they should go down as the greatest tag team in history. Suddenly, they're ambushed by Benjamin and Haas, who knock them out. They grab the mic and say, "How can you be the greatest tag team? WE ARE the World's Greatest Tag Team!"

That would set up Team 3D's retirement match at the following PPV.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I hope they stick around some more. They're a well established tag-team, wrestle well with the young tag-teams and can single handedly get a crowd back into a show.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Along with Angle, I think they are TNA's best acquisition from WWE. They really put their best in all they do, and the only bad thing I remember from their stay in TNA was the whole angle where they destroyed the X-Division, which of course wasn't their fault. It'd be nice if they stay longer, but also there isn't much else to accomplish.

·
8,232 Posts
I hope they stick around some more. They're a well established tag-team, wrestle well with the young tag-teams and can single handedly get a crowd back into a show.
My thoughts exactly.

They're still very beneficial to the Tag Team division.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I find it hard to get excited about anything involving Team 3D anymore. I just hope the announcement isn't something that'll lead to them moving back into the role of TNA's most featured team. I've found the division far more enjoyable the last few months with the younger teams getting more attention, and in some cases being elevated better, than when 3D and their feuds were constantly the division's top priority.

I hope it's to announce that they're being put into the TNA World Tag Team title match at Bound for Glory. Don't get me wrong, I think MCMG and Gen-Men have good chemistry, but here are the problems:

1) Gen-Me and MCMG have already have two matches on ppv together this year
2) In addition to one or two matches on iMPACT!
3) MCMG have won EVERY won of those matches. So if they win again, it's redundant. If they lose, it's predictable.

If they include Team 3D and Ink, Inc. TNA will be giving us a BIG tag title match, with two really hot teams, one so-so team (who can put on a good show), and one team of legends. It would have star power, it would be entertaining, and you could further the GM/MCMG feud further without giving us the same thing. Hell, make it elimination style and give the last few minutes to those two to tease their final encounter.

I agree that Team 3D should retire soon, but it deserves to be done in a very big way, and probably not in TNA.
I think changing an advertised match that has been built the last month on Impact in the middle of a PPV by adding two teams, one of which hasn't appeared on TV in two months, who have no issue with either team in the match, and have no claim to a random PPV title shot would be a bigger problem than MCMG and GM having wrestled each other a handful of times already. I could see 3D saying that they want one last shot at the titles, which sets them up to face the champs on the November PPV, and ends up leading to them getting a few more last title shots on later PPVs.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Don't like them but you can't take away from them 1 thing - They are OVER AS F*CK. Even IZ cheers for them. And if it's a house show - oh boy. I don't know why. They are ONLY good in gimmick matches. But again, they are one of the most over things in TNA right now.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think changing an advertised match that has been built the last month on Impact in the middle of a PPV by adding two teams, one of which hasn't appeared on TV in two months, who have no issue with either team in the match, and have no claim to a random PPV title shot would be a bigger problem than MCMG and GM having wrestled each other a handful of times already. I could see 3D saying that they want one last shot at the titles, which sets them up to face the champs on the November PPV, and ends up leading to them getting a few more last title shots on later PPVs.
Good point. Then my preference would have been for 3D and Ink Inc to be included the impact after No Surrender. Maybe have Gen Me vs. 3D and Ink Inc vs. MCMG or something like that. But yeah, given the actual storyline, GM/MCMG makes more sense, I just wish TNA would have built to a show that isn't only rematches and multiman clusterfucks.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I think Team 3D should stick around. They're still good on the mic and in the ring, and they work well with young talent. I think they could really help the Guns get over the top if they traded the belts for a few months, with the Guns going over at a big event.

Like them or not, Team 3D is still very over and they're an asset to a company trying to feature their tag team division because their competition doesn't have one anymore.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

If they include Team 3D and Ink, Inc. TNA will be giving us a BIG tag title match
Actually, Gen Me defeated Guns in January.

I'm just fine with MCMG/Gen Me for BFG. If they add Team 3 and/or Ink Inc it would just be another clusterfuck. This way we can have one helluva match.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I really hope that they are retiring. TNA really needs stop using older established wrestlers as a crutch and try to focus on building new talent.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I'm not a big Team 3D hater like some are here. Those are two guys who can work, have charisma, can cut promos, and can still go. Team 3D are the types of veterans who SHOULD stick around until they are ready to go. It will be interesting to see what happens.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not a big Team 3D hater like some are here. Those are two guys who can work, have charisma, can cut promos, and can still go. Team 3D are the types of veterans who SHOULD stick around until they are ready to go. It will be interesting to see what happens.
I personally agree, I feel Team 3D, aswell as Angle, Sting and Flair are the only "veterans" that should be kept around, in ring anyway. Keep dreamer, raven and rhyno if you consider them veterans.
But I feel that TNA shouldn't be put in the title hunt, as the division is too good, and a lot more entertaining than them at the moment, instead they should be used a stepping stone, aswell as for backstage purposes.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I personally agree, I feel Team 3D, aswell as Angle, Sting and Flair are the only "veterans" that should be kept around, in ring anyway. Keep dreamer, raven and rhyno if you consider them veterans.
But I feel that TNA shouldn't be put in the title hunt, as the division is too good, and a lot more entertaining than them at the moment, instead they should be used a stepping stone, aswell as for backstage purposes.
Not Sting. He can't go in the ring anymore and he has proven that since 2006 by having tons and tons of mediocre matches. Topped on the fact that TNA doesn't want to do anything interesting or new with Sting is also very disheartening.

If TNA keeps around any former top WCW/ECW/WWE guys it should only be: RVD, Angle, Anderson, Hardy, Flair (promos and the RARE ring appearance said for PPV), Team 3D, and Foley (promos, manager, commentator). No one else should be around.

Richards and Rhino should stick around (in the lower cards) to help guys like Jesse Neal, Magnus, and Rob Terry improve their craft.

Russo, Taz, Tenay, Tara, Earl Hebner, Orlando Jordan, and Tommy Dreamer should all be fired. Raven has a good sense of the business so having him in a backstage role wouldn't be bad.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not Sting. He can't go in the ring anymore and he has proven that since 2006 by having tons and tons of mediocre matches. Topped on the fact that TNA doesn't want to do anything interesting or new with Sting is also very disheartening.

If TNA keeps around any former top WCW/ECW/WWE guys it should only be: RVD, Angle, Anderson, Hardy, Flair (promos and the RARE ring appearance said for PPV), Team 3D, and Foley (promos, manager, commentator). No one else should be around.

Richards and Rhino should stick around (in the lower cards) to help guys like Jesse Neal, Magnus, and Rob Terry improve their craft.

Russo, Taz, Tenay, Tara, Earl Hebner, Orlando Jordan, and Tommy Dreamer should all be fired. Raven has a good sense of the business so having him in a backstage role wouldn't be bad.
I said veterans, not WWE/ECW/WCW guys. Anderson and Hardy aren't really veterans. And the only reason I said Sting was because I'm a huge sting mark and always have been, so wrestling wll or not, I still want him on TV ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts