Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random it may be, but after watching iMPACT, i'm beginning to get annoyed slightly, despite it being a pathetic little thing.

Often on iMPACT, when nothing is going on in the ring, or backstage and Tenay + Taz are talking about a PPV or whats to come later on in the show, we see a shot of Tenay and Taz. Is it just me who notices and gets annoyed by it, but why does Taz always pout his lips and nod his head at every single statement.

Tenay: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a blockbuster main event we have tonight

*Taz nods, and pouts for a short while"

Tenay: Its Angelina Love vs Sharkboy in a ladder on a pole match

*Taz nods even more, and pouts his lips even more!*

Anyone else notice this? Its like, his only facial expression, and its putting mme off him being the color commentator.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i know what look you're talking about, but i dont mind it, just kinda funny, a little quirk of Taz i guess. then again, i actually like both announcers a lot, and most people hate one or both of them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i know what look you're talking about, but i dont mind it, just kinda funny, a little quirk of Taz i guess. then again, i actually like both announcers a lot, and most people hate one or both of them.
Same here, I get the complaints about tenay and taz but overall I don't mind them too much. lol the face thing is something I've noticed but never really paid attention to if that makes any sense, but now that I think about it to me it is kind of funny that he always makes that same face

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He broke the kayfabe few times too.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Taz sucks. That's all.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I seriously think he's trying to look bad ass lol. I don't mind Taz really, the only thing that annoys me is how he says Sarita, sometimes he'll say Sarita, sometimes he'll say Sariter, it's not like he used to say one then the other, he'll seems to go back and forth every couple of weeks. But who doesn't love "let the pigeons loose!" and "oh, ohhh, OHHHHHH!!!"?

·
Banned
216 Posts
@PauseMenuNotWanted ... you just mentioned the only thing that annoyed me about taz's commentry ... let the pidgeons loose was funny the first time,... 50 odd times later the jokes very very very old and tired...

what can i say, im not a fan of shit catchphrases, and taz seems to love catchphrases

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
So you're telling us you watch TNA every week to study Taz's facial expressions, mainly his lip action. Not gay at all.

Reactions: boabyphet

·
Registered
340 Posts
I seriously think he's trying to look bad ass lol. I don't mind Taz really, the only thing that annoys me is how he says Sarita, sometimes he'll say Sarita, sometimes he'll say Sariter, it's not like he used to say one then the other, he'll seems to go back and forth every couple of weeks. But who doesn't love "let the pigeons loose!" and "oh, ohhh, OHHHHHH!!!"?
i think Taz has been poor since joining TNA but "oh, ohhh, OHHHHHH!!!" is brilliant :D

most of his catchphrases are awful though especially for the knockouts as it just cheapens them imo. Zombie hot anyone?

·
Banned
295 Posts
I do not think that I have ever even heard Taz say the pigeon thing. What is that supposed to even mean? I will agree that the "Oh! Oh! Oh!" during the fist pump is hilarious. Also, during the "Fist Pump Challenge" when Jeremy Borash called one of Robbie E's pumps the "Greetings from Asbury Pump" and Taz said "Hey, I took that finish!" I fell out.

Taz has his moments!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Man don't be that way, that is a totally different bag of Animal Cracker.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,955 Posts
I dislike:

- "LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE" when Velvet enters the ring
- "Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!" when Robbie E does the fist pumping

Aside from those two things, I'm indifferent towards him. I would like to see him t-bone suplex Tenay off the stage, though.

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
His nodding and pouting is indeed annoying. But whats even more annoying, atleast I think, is that the only moves he ever calls, are either if a wrestler does a version of a suplex, or a submission hold. It seems that all other moves are left for Tenay to call, but all he says is "drives him/her to the mat" or "what a throw!" It makes it sound like they dont know what the hell they are watching or doing.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i hate some of his commentating....
he was good in ecw like a bad ass on mic...but as a color comentatator..he suck!
he comentates wrestling like its some comedy show ffs...-.-

1 - 20 of 31 Posts