Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

In the most recent “Taz Show” of former ECW, TNA & WWE Star Taz it’s revealed that while working as a #SDlive announcer, Vince Mchanon approached The former ECW champion and asked if he would face Brock lesnar at a special MSG Return match and “make it right”.

Which Taz turn downed and in which Vince said wow imagine how much I would have paid you and walked away.

Taz went on to say it wasn’t about the money or booking it was more about that he was still injured and couldn’t wrestle like he did before his injuries and would be a disappointing bout for those who watched.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Re: Taz Reveals He Turned Down Vince's Offer to Face Lesnar in MSG

make right? make what right? clearly I dont remember shit about what hes talking about here as Im assuming hes talking about being a commentator in the 02-04 timeframe in which brock was wrestling as he was gone by 2012.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,446 Posts
Who the hell ever wanted to see Taz vs Lesnar?
Speak for yourself..

In his prime, before the injuries and weight gain, Taz Vs Lesnar would have been incredible.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Taz, in his prime would have ruled, but he should have said fuck it and took the money!

Taz, could have retired after a match or two with Brock.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Tazz was a built muscular guy... but his bad ass gimmick just wouldn't seem to be that big of a deal against Lesnar. It would be a clash of the same gimmicks.

·
Aggressively White
6,248 Posts
I think this might have been Survivor Series 2002. WWE initially wanted Lesnar/Hogan again before doing the Lesnar/Show match, it isn't far-fetched Taz could have been Lesnar's opponent.

That said, I am sceptical of this. Why would Taz have signed for WWE if not for the money? Someone with his size signing for WWE under Vince in the 90's wasn't exactly going to get strong booking.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
See, in ECW, Taz had this thing called "good booking". Despite his size, his aura made it seem like he'd legit murder you if you crossed him. If it were like...1997 or something, a Taz vs Brock (circa 2003) match would have been nuts. But sadly, Taz came to WWE, they screwed him up, etc.

Its the same issue with Joe. People want a Joe vs Lesnar match but there's another thread talking about how awful Joe is. They don't seem to realize that its due to WWE's lack of a clue what to do with him. Why did Joe debut so pointlessly? Why haven't they done anything with him on the main roster? Why was he Triple H's goon for 2-3 weeks and now he's directionless? Like, they've done great stuff with Strowman, so clearly they're capable of good booking, but they just don't bother to do it. And its not just a Joe problem, it extends to basically the whole roster.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would have watched it. Far more interesting to me than an Orton match or something.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts