Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taz has opened a unique business that will help aspiring wrestlers make it to WWE or TNA. The camp is designed for talents that have been around a while and are very close to making the big time. It is not for beginners.

He will be fine tuning the look and presentations of wrestlers to appeal to people like Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Vince Russo and Dixie Carter, all of whom he has worked very closely with and make all of the decisions as to who will get a serious chance in the wrestling business.

Again, it's not for beginners but rather established workers. You can check it out at: www.teamtaz13.com.

------

this could be a good ramp to a few indy names that have been hanging around without getting a breakthrough. If TNA (and by TNA i mean Dixie) supports Taz's project, it could end up in some new blood coming to the roster. And why not thinking of a new blood stable with guys like chris hero, jon moxley, chuck taylor, derek fraizer and even auries, strong or evans?

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
That's actually a fantastic concept. Hopefully it does some good and a lot of guys benefit from it. If there's some hidden gems then I assume TNA would get first dibs with Taz being an employee, which is good for them.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I like this idea and Taz seems good at this at first glance.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Really good concept in general, it stops the business having to deal with people unsure about wrestling and want to try it out which is a problem as it holds up the training, great for the talent as it will allow the cream of the crop to rise and then benefit from Taz's contacts and it provides a buffer between training and TV contract sort of like FCW for the WWE, great idea and really hope it pays off and maybe gets some backing from TNA. Mainly its success depends on the quality of trainer though but being run by Taz is already a great start

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
This actually sounds like an awesome idea. You see so many schools out there that teach you the basics then you go out into the wide world of wrestling and try and earn your keep. Most of the guys going into this will have already found what works for them and what doesn't and know their way around the ring all they need is that something extra. Kudos to Tazz for doing this. I'm very interested to see what kind of wrestlers he's able to turn out.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I hope this business is so successful that he has to leave the announce booth.

Permanently

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Taz has the right attitude, a lot of contacts, and a good mind for the wrestling business. Nothing but good things can come from this.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I don't want to seem ignorant, but uhhh... what is there that suggests Taz necessarily has a good mind for the business, as some of you suggest?

Now I'm not saying he doesn't, but let's face it - the guy didn't exactly make a splash in the BIG leagues when he finally got there. If anything, his short WWE run as a performer was very underwhelming.

Does he have experience in this kind of thing that I'm unaware of? If so, who are his success stories?

·
Registered
11,931 Posts
The fact WWE signed Tazz who is a 5'5" HEAVYWEIGHT shows me that Tazz knows something about appeal and character. Tazz is the shortest heavyweight wrestler I've seen in WWE that never been label as a cruiserweight first.

Basically, Tazz is using the UPW formula which created the PROTOTYPE aka John Cena. It's a good idea but not original.

I hope Tazz realize that you need to use real fans to fully test this idea out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts