Votes: 16 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 65.2%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AEW's may have a stacked male roster, but could still use some more women. After Mercedes Martinez, should they sign a slightly younger veteran in Taya, a former IMPACT Knockouts and 3x AAA Reina de Reinas champion?

Personally, I find her to be quite plodding in the ring and am not enamored by the idea of her in AEW, but it's not my decision.

-

Taya participated in a virtual signing with East Coast Autograph Auctions recently. During the event she talked about her experience in NXT. Taya also said she would be open to signing with AEW if the opportunity arose.

“Of course I would go to AEW. I mean, they are doing something different, a lot of my peers and my best friends, my brothers [Rey] Fenix and Pentagon are over there so why not? So we’ll see what happens.”

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hope not. She is very annoying on the mic and quite average in the ring.

Wasn't a fan of hers at all with the silly storylines she was part of at impact.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
I don't know anything about her other than she's married to John Morrison and I definitely would not want John Morrison in AEW

·
Registered
Would Eat The Corn Outta Maryse's Poop With Chopsticks
3,318 Posts
AEW needs to stop being the Department Of Sanitation for Future Endeavored talent. Leave it on the curb. There was a good reason it was put there.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
6,708 Posts
She brings nothing to the table just like Ruby Riot.
I would not even say Taya and Ruby both bringing nothing to the table, but we are tired of Tony hiring everyone being released by WWE. At least Ruby was more or less known by casual fans and she fought at PPVs, incl. being squashed be Rousey. But which casual fans do know Taya? And the people who saw NXT, were not really impressed.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
I would not even say Taya and Ruby both bringing nothing to the table, but we are tired of Tony hiring everyone being released by WWE. At least Ruby was more or less known by casual fans and she fought at PPVs, incl. being squashed be Rousey. But which casual fans do know Taya? And the people who saw NXT, were not really impressed.
Personally, I more associate her with Impact Wrestling, since she was barely in the WWE and never on the main roster.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
6,708 Posts
Personally, I more associate her with Impact Wrestling, since she was barely in the WWE and never on the main roster.
You are right with that. I already labeled her as ex-WWE. Maybe she better had gone to AEW from the very beginning, avoiding to get this label.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
You are right with that. I already labeled her as ex-WWE. Maybe she better had gone to AEW from the very beginning, avoiding to get this label.
well my main concern is if they brought her in, they'd feel compelled to also bring in John Morrison and he is definitely hard WWE

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,718 Posts
No she was sand bagging and out of shape in impact at the end after Morrison left. Then she was still not in shape and slow in nxt. She’s already old, doesn’t have a good look, and can’t commit to staying in shape or having good matches. She adds nothing to them

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Of course she would sign with them. Because her first choice recently fired her and she needs a place to work.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
6,415 Posts
Id take Taya Valkyrie over Toni Storm honestly but that's just my interests based on Taya's Impact run.

As for the whole label thing, does the "ex-WWE" thing really matter when talent wasn't treated well or used much in WWE when they should have been? It's not like any of us use WWE as a measuring stick of who is talented or not. They have been releasing a lot of misused talent since last year. It's a weird thing on this forum where we attack WWE for misusing talent but then be negative on AEW or wherever for hiring "ex-WWE". Can't have both things at once.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts