Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Intoner
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been KOs champ for 306+ days and it's the longest reign in TNA\Impact Wrestling history.

NOT the longest KO title reign, any active championship.
The previous record belonged to Austin Aries, X title, 301 days.

I did not check NWA TNA and I'm pretty sure EY and ODB held defunct KO tag titles for like 400+ days, but Taya is the longest reigning champ if we count active titles.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I have nothing against Taya, she's a good heel. But looking at their roster, the fact that Impact thought she was the one who should get the super-long reign is, puzzling?

·
Intoner
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tessa is fighting men, Jordynne was new and without a contract when it started, Rosemary is always injured.
They have a somehow credible champ and I'm sure hiring Taya helped them to keep Morrison happy. I dont know if wwe deal is a real thing, but as long as Taya is happy in Impact, there is a chance.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
The only thing I've ever noticed about Taya Valkyrie was that she looks similar to Melina, Morrision apparently has a type or Melina left a huge impression on him. But, instead of Taya being hot and Latina she's just white and ugly.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,246 Posts
Good for her but this run has been super meh for me.

This hollywood star/valley girl thing she is going for is not working. her 2017 game of thrones character was much more interesting to me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have nothing against Taya, she's a good heel. But looking at their roster, the fact that Impact thought she was the one who should get the super-long reign is, puzzling?
Why not? She was the most convincing heel for a long title run. And faces as champs can get stale a lot faster.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Is she back in shape ? Haven't watched Impact in years but I did see a video of her on Youtube, she had gained a lot of weight
Shes still more on the heavier side than before but shes in shape for that size. Im not saying shes fat just responding to this person that she does indeed weigh more to answer your question

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts
I think Taya's weight is fine, personally. I've liked most of what IMPACTS done with her lately. Good booking.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
I think Taya's weight is fine, personally. I've liked most of what IMPACTS done with her lately. Good booking.
Yeah her weight is fine.I was just stating facts of what he was asking. She has indeed got bigger and he was wondering if she was still bigger then before. The answer is yes but shes fine and it all suits her.

·
The face that runs the List
10,371 Posts
Shes still more on the heavier side than before but shes in shape for that size. Im not saying shes fat just responding to this person that she does indeed weigh more to answer your question
She was super fit on Lucha Underground and the reason they paired her with Morrisson in the first place was because they both had great bodies, I was shocked when I saw her on Impact.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Her current character ain't really doing it for me. The one that she had a few years ago, was much better.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Peoples bodies change for whatever reason. Look at Aries,The guy was a good size and ripped for most of the TNA period but hes smaller now than when he was in ROH. ROH he was bigger but not ripped like TNA days.But him in MLW now its crazy how small he is now. Makes me wonder what hes doing different and why he decided to stop being bigger.

·
JANUARY 5TH
3,950 Posts
Peoples bodies change for whatever reason. Look at Aries,The guy was a good size and ripped for most of the TNA period but hes smaller now than when he was in ROH. ROH he was bigger but not ripped like TNA days.But him in MLW now its crazy how small he is now. Makes me wonder what hes doing different and why he decided to stop being bigger.
I think with Aries it is a combination of multiple things like the age, the reason and the diet. He probably doesn't care about getting bigger like he used to. He would rather be in a shape that allows him to wrestle longer and healthier than having a more imposing but not so sustainable one.

On Taya, I think she is fire with or without the extra weight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts