Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Bethesda? Trying to tell an actual story? :lmao :lmao :lmao

CD Project are the only ones that'd even get close to doing Thrones justice, and I'd even have my doubts with them. An open world GOT game just wouldn't work imo.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Please no... even Berhesda couldn't make Westeros fun or engaging. Unless it is fallout and we can nuke that shithole.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Bethesda? Trying to tell an actual story? :lmao :lmao :lmao

CD Project are the only ones that'd even get close to doing Thrones justice, and I'd even have my doubts with them. An open world GOT game just wouldn't work imo.
Bethesda's strengths used to be with ACTUAL role-playing elements within a universe with established lore (Daggerfall, Morrowind), but they've progressively steered away from this with every new game by trying to streamline the experience and create more linear forms of storyline narrative within the game.

The best possible GOT game for me would be the role-playing freedom of Daggerfall with updated graphics, Total War-like combat mechanics and the political/hierarchical relationship structure of Crusader Kings 2.

I don't really care for a "hold you by the hand" type of story. I'm rarely emotionally invested in developer-created narratives with elaborate cutscenes, I'm more about using my imagination. That's why games like Daggerfall and Ultima Underworld >> Skyrim and The Witcher 3 for me. Although I did enjoy the latter games to some degree.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Well the last non-Tales Game of Thrones game was terrible so I'll wait and see about this. Surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to make those same mistakes.

·
Break Down the Wall - Y2NK
563 Posts
I didn't mind the RPG but it was definitely by no means a good game , the strategy game was just absolutely awful.
A Game of Thrones RPG done properly would be amazing though i would have doubts if Bethesda were devoloping rather than just publishing, don't want to see it on the fallout/skyrim engine.
What I truly want is a GOT Total War

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Meh, I'd rather play Westeros: Shadow of Winter and slaughter some White Walkers with Valerian steel and a Nemesis system. Bethesda games are boring. Nobody's ever gonna make a good GOT game focusing on story and political intrigue so just give me action and epic set pieces, two things that video games can very easily do. And the TV show has had no shortage of epic set pieces

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
No , mainly because Attila runs like crap on my current PC , I am looking at getting a new one soon so I'll have to check it out when i do.
How good is the mod ?
I didn't try it because I never owned Attila, but saw footage on YT and it looked stellar/stable. Don't remember what type of rig/specs the guy had, though.

There was also a cool GOT mod for Medevial II, but it's difficult going back and playing with those mechanics when the series has evolved since then. I tried replaying the first Rome the other day which I loved, and it was difficult.

It's surprising that they haven't made one for Warhammer yet. That probably would be the best fit because you can incorporate dragons, and the SFX would lend themselves better to a White Walkers faction.

·
Break Down the Wall - Y2NK
563 Posts
I didn't try it because I never owned Attila, but saw footage on YT and it looked stellar/stable. Don't remember what type of rig/specs the guy had, though.

There was also a cool GOT mod for Medevial II, but it's difficult going back and playing with those mechanics when the series has evolved since then. I tried replaying the first Rome the other day which I loved, and it was difficult.

It's surprising that they haven't made one for Warhammer yet. That probably would be the best fit because you can incorporate dragons, and the SFX would lend themselves better to a White Walkers faction.
I'll check the mod out on youtube , if it looks good i might boot up Attila and give it a go , see how the computer holds up.

Agreed about going back to the previous games. Fantastic games for the time , I remember loving the first Rome, but as you say the mechanics don't really hold up.

Warhammer game would probably be the best one to mod to get GOT right as you say especially for Dragons and Giants etc.
Read before that GW got CA to agree that no mods were to be allowed based on other licensed properties otherwise mod support would be pulled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts