Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From her Facebook

Tore a ligament in my elbow last night in a match against @mickiejames. It was my good elbow, but we made history. We were Main event.

NOOOOOOOOO! Hope she doesn't have to take time off for it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No loss. At this point she doesn't offer anything to the product that isn't easily replaceable.
More camera time for Knockouts like Sarita and Winter.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Isn't Mickie the #1 contender? Could play it off as Mickie taking out Madison's bodyguard and is coming for her.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
That sucks for her. :( I can't wait to see the match.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
She doesn't seem to have much luck with that elbow - I think I remember reading that she had to have it drained after an infection. Anyway, as much as I don't wish to see her on TV, I hope she makes a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Man, that sucks for her.

Is it wrong of me to see this as a blessing in disguise, though? This Mickie/Tara thing has been great, but it's dragged on far too long and has hurt Madison as a result. She's become an afterthought in a storyline that she started, and was supposed to end with her and Mickie facing off. It's great to have some depth in your division, but you can't forget about your champ, and that's exactly what TNA has done. Mickie/Tara has completely overshadowed Mickie/Madison, and that's not good. Hopefully TNA takes this as an opportunity to work towards building up Mickie/Madison rather than stalling to drag Mickie/Tara on further than it needs to go.

I'm really stoked for that cage match now.

I'm such a bad person. :(

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
She doesn't seem to have much luck with that elbow - I think I remember reading that she had to have it drained after an infection. Anyway, as much as I don't wish to see her on TV, I hope she makes a speedy recovery!
Wasn't that in her other elbow? In this tweet she said it was her, "good elbow".

Torn ligaments are a bitch too. It's hard to recover from in a short time. I hope she doesn't try to rush it and get injured again.

·
Banned
295 Posts
This is what happens when you're a forty-year-old woman working gimmick matches like "falls count anywhere" and you end up fighting on top of concrete or linoleum.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Wasn't that in her other elbow? In this tweet she said it was her, "good elbow".

Torn ligaments are a bitch too. It's hard to recover from in a short time. I hope she doesn't try to rush it and get injured again.
Ah, I didn't see that. That's probably even worse then, having something wrong with both.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
since we've had women title matches and a womens gimmick match main event shows on national tv do think maybe a womens tag match can also main event a tv show respectively?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Kong, Kim and Melissa long-gone, Hamada fired, Tara injured. Dark days for the Knockouts division. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Also best wishes that they hire MsChif.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
She be fine she will have this month to recover.

·
Registered
319 Posts
good shes ugly
This is why I hate the majority of the IWC. I don't care who you are, saying it's good that someone is injured regardless if you like them(unless their name is Hitler or an awful person. It's important to clarify on here), is completely wrong. This is what Tara does for a living and regardless if you think she's ugly or hot, it's wrong to say it's good that she was injured because you think she's ugly.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
This is the other reason (aside from making money and building stories) that you don't spam gimmick matches.

·
Mickini FTW!
210 Posts
I don't think them spamming the gimmick match is that much of an issue, it's them having Mickie do a Thesz Press from the top of cage onto Tara lol

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
tara is hot. bottom line. natural beauty.

it makes no sense for mickie james to go from losing to tara to facing rayne for the title.

·
Banned
295 Posts
It's just a sad state of affairs when we, as fans, are so disillusioned by female professional wrestling here in the United States that we put the women on a different "scale", so to speak, where looks can make up for a lot of shortcomings. Or, looks can enhance a talent, such as Trish Stratus, into being believed that she is better than she was.

Awesome Kong was great. When she wrestled, people didn't talk about how she looked. When she wrestled, people didn't say "she's good for a woman." They just said "she is good." You get a Mickie match and people are complaining because she is wrestling in pants instead of a thong...it's creepy.

Tara is a forty-year-old woman with bad knees and elbows and she is working Falls Count Anywhere matches in bathrooms and taking big cage bumps. It is just silly booking as you're just asking for physical trouble. Especially since these matches do not even mean anything. An unannounced, non-hyped cage match on iMPACT! and apparently BOTH workers were hurt. That's just stupid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts