Registered
6,305 Posts
This seemed to have gained a lot of interest last night

was number 3 trending in the US

lots of people having fun with it

·
rasslin
3,299 Posts
I'm not sure its possible to parody wrestling in 2020.

AEW and WWE do that already and they're at the top of wrestling world in the US.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,263 Posts
The Teddy Long stuff was the funniest, when they walked into the backyard "Hey Teddy what are you doing here?" "i'm here to get motherfucking paid playa".

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,105 Posts
Even for free, this show had no redeeming quality, substance, humor or shock-value to it, in any way, shape, or form. EDIT: After reading this back today, I should have added the following...

I'm a sucker for stupid, subtle, dark, clever and wink-wink at the camera, types of comedy, but only when it's done correctly. Tongue firmly planted in cheek and completely obvious. Something that is done as an homage to something done in the past. Like a Troma film, The Trailer Park Boys TV show, a book by Chuck Palahniuk, a skewed take on a subject written in comic form by Mad Magazine. A quick example would be, Scary Movie, Not Just Another Teen Movie, Enchanted were, IMO, very funny films. Compare those to A Superhero Movie, Epic Movie, Movie 43, which, IMO, were truly awful attempts at humor.

This show was bad-bad and most definitely, not good-bad. I am fully aware that the entire thing was supposed to be bad, but they tried too hard to be bad. There's a very fine line between the two and it makes all the difference. The main-event, Boneryard Match, was overly long, boring and not at all what I expected. If there was one thing I did get a laugh out of though, it was the spot with The Rock 'n Roll Express merchandise table set-up, having Enzo just walking on through, asking/bargaining to have an 8x10 picture signed by Ricky and Robert, only to crash (awkward and painful looking) through the table. Those few minutes, were very funny.

But... to each, their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts