Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there has been more "serious talk than ever" in regards to taping more television outside of Universal Studios in Orlando. The biggest complaint has been that the Orlando crowds are burned out and the shows are nothing special to them, even if they react great to some shows here and there. The idea is that most of the tapings would still remain in Orlando, but on a few occasions they would tape on the road from small arenas. One goal is to replicate the crowds at house show events as they are much more responsive and want that to come across on television more often.

·
Registered
191 Posts
would be great for tna to do this but also a possible risk imo depending on where they tape the show. if they go to the bingo hall in philly or the hammerstein they will most likely get booed out by the crowd. but they need a spark and i feel that they should do what raw does by going from city to city just on a much smaller scale. that would deff help get buzz about the company and a freshness towards IT which they are in desperate need of. i dont see tna lasting more than 5 years anyway but this is potential hope for them. im all for it. i also think this will help management realize what is over and what ppl want.

WE DONT WANT HOGAN HALL NASH STING JARRET BISCHOFF DDP? BULLY RAY. WE WANT MMG FORTUNE LETHAL JOE X DIVISION ETC. TNA NEEDS TO CREATE THEIR OWN IDENTITY NOT STEAL WWE'S AND WCWS. THATS SO FUCKIN STUPID. I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKIN. IN CLOSING TAKE THE SHOW ON THE ROAD AND HOPE FOR THE BEST THEYVE GOT NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE. THEYVE ALREADY DROPPED THE BALL ON THE MONDAY WAR. TAKE IT ON THE ROAD FOR ONE LAST SHOT IN THE DARK. RUSSO HAS RUINED WRESTLING AND JARRET IS A MORON TOO. THANKS FOR NOTHING. JARRET IS A SELF GLORIFIED MID CARDER!!! I HATE U! FOR TEASING US WITH GREAT WRESTLING AND THEN SHITTING ON US. THANKS JARRET. THANKS SO MUCH. SORRY FOR THE RANT GUYS. TAKE IT ON THE ROAD!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
This a "DUH" move actually but they won't be able to pull it out. I do think they need to think about doing some Live Specials in NY city maybe not for impact but maybe a saturday special or something.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hmm, this would definitely fit in to the contract expiration. Try doing a taping a month outside Orlando, then try every two weeks until everything is nailed. By the time the contract expires and if the tapings work, find some place in New York where they could at least do two tapings a month separated by another show.

Still, PPV events should be out too. But, if they don't want to paper heavily, they need to promote their shows well and not have them in the middle of nowhere.

would be great for tna to do this but also a possible risk imo depending on where they tape the show. if they go to the bingo hall in philly or the hammerstein they will most likely get booed out by the crowd.
I doubt that TNA would want to run a TV taping in the bingo hall, but TNA has a lot of support from former ECW fans. As for the crowd, it's a TV-14 show, they're not "cast members" and if they want to chant stuff, they can. However, a change in creative would be an added extra for this.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
would be great for tna to do this but also a possible risk imo depending on where they tape the show. if they go to the bingo hall in philly or the hammerstein they will most likely get booed out by the crowd.
I'll ignore the rest of your CAPS post but this comment is worth replying to. If they did go to philly and got booed out, maybe it'd be a good thing for them to realize they need to change things. It's not the wrestlers fault that they aren't being booked correctly. This would just be a wakeup call to management (Hogan) who now that I'm thinking about it, would go over his head, and he'd blame it on the wrestlers.

Hogan: "Get over with my crappy booking and ideas or get out."
Hardy: "But Hulkster, you got me holding a purple belt now."
Hogan: "Get over or get out Jeff."
Hardy: "These guys in Philly are chanting. "That belt sucks."
Hogan: "Well you're over then, you got heat."

*face palm*

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll ignore the rest of your CAPS post but this comment is worth replying to. If they did go to philly and got booed out, maybe it'd be a good thing for them to realize they need to change things. It's not the wrestlers fault that they aren't being booked correctly. This would just be a wakeup call to management (Hogan) who now that I'm thinking about it, would go over his head, and he'd blame it on the wrestlers.

Hogan: "Get over with my crappy booking and ideas or get out."
Hardy: "But Hulkster, you got me holding a purple belt now."
Hogan: "Get over or get out Jeff."
Hardy: "These guys in Philly are chanting. "That belt sucks."
Hogan: "Well you're over then, you got heat."

*face palm*
Hahaha spot on man.

They need to do this (attempt to anyway) as soon as possible. Hell just tour a few cities in the southeast for now. They got a good turn out in Atl for BFG back in 07, so they could go there, Tenn, Fla, then expand.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Honestly, if they just do their tape 4 shows in a week thing in another location, they could actually avoid consistent travelling fess, and they would multiply their profit very quickly taping 4 shows in a PAYING venue. If they did things that way, they could actually perform in other venues pretty frequently

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ah progression, I feel like TNA are on their way to making a step up the ladder only to slip and have their faces hit every rung of the ladder on their fast way down.
Fixed also I'll believe it when I see it....which will never happen.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The IZ fans are the main reason I've been turned off from TNA lately. I didn't get much of the IZ hate until I saw Flair come down to near silence. Seriously?

TNA just needs to do something. They had a chance this year to atleast look like competition to WWE, but blew it. I mean, when they were on Mondays and live against RAW, anybody channel flipping can see and hear the diff. between crowds. Screw Orlando, FL -- go to another perm. location that's bigger at the very least. I don't think TNA has the power to really put asses in the seats touring for Impact.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts