Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No disrespect to Taker or Sting but those 2 guys are so past their prime, 2 50+ year olds should never main event a Mania.

Ric Flair is arguably the greatest pro wrestler of all time and he didn't get the final main event match @ Wm24.

If it was Taker retiring after a 20 year full time career then yeah he deserved the main event match no doubt but the guy has been a part timer for about 7 years, IMO him and Sting are too old to get the WM Main Event spot.

If it's going to be 2 "part timers" main eventing then Rock vs Brock is the only logical option considering how much money it'll draw and how much mainstream attention it'll get.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Prepare for fanboys and people unaware of how bad Stings in ring performances are these days to tell you you're an asshole.

On the plus side, i completely agree.

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I agree they shouldn't main-event, but they certainly should clash. A final WM for both, Taker goes out with a win in his home state.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree they shouldn't main-event, but they certainly should clash. A final WM for both, Taker goes out with a win in his home state.
Yup. It would be a spectacle no doubt.

I'm going to WM32 and I have never seen Sting wrestle LIVE so it would be Awesome!

All I'm saying is it shouldn't close the show.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a dream match for the ages and I would definitely like to see this match happen, but I agree it shouldn't be the main event. The main event should be reserved for the younger talents who need the spotlight more.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Maybe 5 years ago it could have been a main event, but that ship has long since sailed. Still wouldn't mind if Taker's last match was at a WM main event considering what the guy has done for the company.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've always had the old school belief that the Championship match should always main event Mania come hell or high water, but that's just me.

I can see the massive appeal of Taker/Sting being the main draw to next year's card.

·
1,254 Posts
Yup. It would be a spectacle no doubt.

I'm going to WM32 and I have never seen Sting wrestle LIVE so it would be Awesome!

All I'm saying is it shouldn't close the show.
I don't think it will, and I plan on going myself since a buddy of mine lives in the Dallas area.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a dream match for the ages and I would definitely like to see this match happen, but I agree it shouldn't be the main event. The main event should be reserved for the younger talents who need the spotlight more.
Yup. It should be reserved for the younger hungry talents like Brock Lesnar or The Rock.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Sorry have to disagree no matter who Undertaker faces if wm32 is going to be his last match then he 100% deserves to main event over any other match simple for all the hard work, and dedication he has given this company over the last 25 years. Vince and HHH have way to much respect for undertaker to not have his last match go on last and if rocky has any respect for undertaker he would let him go in last as well over his match. If rock works wm32

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry have to disagree no matter who Undertaker faces if wm32 is going to be his last match then he 100% deserves to main event over any other match simple for all the hard work, and dedication he has given this company over the last 25 years. Vince and HHH have way to much respect for undertaker to not have his last match go on last and if rocky has any respect for undertaker he would let him go in last as well over his match. If rock works wm32
Rock is too big of a star to take a backseat to a washed up has been like Taker (no disrespect).

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Rock is too big of a star to take a backseat to a washed up has been like Taker (no disrespect).
Sorry but when people like vince HHH and I would hope Rocky have so much respect for a man like undertaker his match will go on last no matter what. Even if stone cold my favoritw wrestler of all time agrees for 1 more Match I myself would still want takers match last over anyone else's

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry but when people like vince HHH and I would hope Rocky have so much respect for a man like undertaker his match will go on last no matter what. Even if stone cold my favoritw wrestler of all time agrees for 1 more Match I myself would still want takers match last over anyone else's
Taker should've retired years ago, even Hogan and Flair, as much as people bash them for continuing to wrestle in their 50s, they never main evented WrestleMania after they returned in 2002.

Neither should Taker.

They already showed respect to Taker by letting him go over top stars @ the last couple of Manias, sorry but he shouldn't main event.

I don't think it will, and I plan on going myself since a buddy of mine lives in the Dallas area.
Great. Just make sure you're a good Daniel Bryan fan by next year :lol

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I agree. The only match I want to see mainevent wm 32 is the shield guys in a triple threat. Let Ambrose win mitb and build him up as a topheel. Let rollins be the face and Reigns a heel or tweener. Sting/Taker has a place on that card no doubt but sting and taker maineventing a ppv in 2016? Hell no.

60,006 Posts
The match would be all style over substance. Both men would be in their fifties and Sting would be 56 or 57 when it happened. It would be a great spectacle and the entrances would be amazing but i would prefer it not to be the Main event. It certainly deserves a big special attraction feautre spot, but not the top of the card match.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Taker should've retired years ago, even Hogan and Flair, as much as people bash them for continuing to wrestle in their 50s, they never main evented WrestleMania after they returned in 2002.

Neither should Taker.

They already showed respect to Taker by letting him go over top stars @ the last couple of Manias, sorry but he shouldn't main event
Sorry but I still think undertaker will get the last match on the card no matter what just cause of the respect level. We shall see April 3 2016

·
Banned
263 Posts
Obviously this match will main-event considering this match is rumored to be both Taker and Sting's last match.
Brock won't be around for Wrestlemania 32. I can see Rock vs. Reigns or Cena vs. Reigns (passing of the torch) happening at next year's Mania.

·
1,254 Posts

Neither should Taker.

They already showed respect to Taker by letting him go over top stars @ the last couple of Manias, sorry but he shouldn't main event.

Great. Just make sure you're a good Daniel Bryan fan by next year :lol
Reigns 4 Life! OOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAH!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.