• They both sucked and were overrated.

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you guys feel was better? To me WM 26 was alot better. There were much less botches, more was on the line, and the ending was just perfect.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Re: Taker vs Michaels WM 25 or Taker vs Michaels WM 26?

26 was better. Better action, better drama, and less HBKs usual ''WM Over The Top Selling''.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

25 for me.

I was there live and it's my favorite match of all time.

I didn't like the 26 match because it was just like a clone of the 25 match, it really got boring after seeing HBK & Taker kick out like 6 finishers.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

WM 26 makes the viewer emotionally involved in the match. In addition, it has greater story-telling.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

they were both great..but takers selling of the injury throughout the whole match puts it a notch above wm25.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

25 was a the better match. 26 tried to be like 25, but didn't really get there.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts

Can't decide, both of them were great. But I'm much more interested in the people who said they sucked. I wonder who they could be?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

25 was more exciting, flashy and over-the-top. 26 was slower paced, but had better pscycology and was a totally different match than the one a year prior. I would probably look at 25 more often for all the spots, but 26 was great in it's own way as well, and the ending was classic an emotional.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I actually can't decide. Both were awesome and both ***** imo but for different reasons which is great to see since they had back to back WM matches and made both very different matches.

WM25 was more action driven, it was an epic event and treated as a clash of the titans kind of thing, the atmosphere was also incredible since they were in Texas. The finishing stretch which some like to call a 'finisher fest' I thought was fantastic and the kickout from the tombstone is one of the most surprising kick outs I've ever seen. Plus JR was there and called it very well.

WM26 was more storyline driven, it was more emotional and had you emotionally invested. I was completely enthralled by the action. It made complete sense storylinewise with both guys almost ONLY going for big moves because they knew others wouldn't put them away. The moonsault spot was amazing, and there was that great callback to the HBK/Flair match with Undertaker hesititating. The slap and the biggest tombstone ever to finish the match, just perfect.

So...both the same lol, I can't decide. Both are two of my favorite of all time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Both were good...

·
Registered
957 Posts
26 because I was there and we all pretty much knew that it was going to be Shawn's last match.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The WM 26 match was bigger in a storyline way because it was for all the marbles. The WM 25 match had more big moves but the winner basically got no reward. I really thought The HBK was going to pull off the win at WM 26. That would've been huge. Who better then The HBK end the Taker's streak?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts