Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently its been leaked that this years hall of fame would "open up old wounds"

well the undertaker kane rivalry is very well documented in wrestling and was going on even last year.

with this being takers likely last mania and probably kanes to do you think these two could be the two biggest names going into this years hall of fame and finishing there 15 year rivalry with one last match at mania?

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Nah, I don't think it has anything at all to do with Taker and Kane. Taker isn't even retiring is he? And who knows what Kane will do. I'm not sure either, let alone both, are retiring.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I don't think it has anything at all to do with Taker and Kane. Taker isn't even retiring is he? And who knows what Kane will do. I'm not sure either, let alone both, are retiring.
taker right now is in no shape to compete like he used to be in i dont think theres any point in paying a guy year round for a few months of work regardless of who the guy is, but i guess i really am just assuming he's retiring

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Everyone has been assuming Undertaker will retire for the last 5 years. Still hasn't happened, and why do you think Kane is retiring?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
taker right now is in no shape to compete like he used to be in i dont think theres any point in paying a guy year round for a few months of work regardless of who the guy is, but i guess i really am just assuming he's retiring
1) How do you know he's not in shape to compete like he used to? Have you seen him? Is he your neighbor?

2) Taker gets 11 months OFF and returns for just one match. That is a LOT of time out of the ring per year. That is time spent pretty much letting your body heal up for one helluva match the next year... Hell look at what eight years did for Austin. He actually looks YOUNGER than he did back in the day. I don't see Taker retiring this year, or even the next. Maybe Mania 30 in the Garden and even then I won't be surprised if it happens at the Survivor Series instead of Mania someday.

·
WITNESS ME
727 Posts
I don't think it'll have anything to do with those two. Very interesting information though. I'm honestly hoping they'll induct Macho Man. The whole "open old wounds" thing leaves a lot to the imagination however.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Both certainly deserve it. But my guess is that the old wounds is Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, or Owen Hart.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
I don't think it'll have anything to do with those two. Very interesting information though. I'm honestly hoping they'll induct Macho Man. The whole "open old wounds" thing leaves a lot to the imagination however.
Yeah it has to be Randy Savage. The fact that he's been away from the WWE for such a long long time makes me think they were referencing that. Also with his death an all, he's all but a certainty this year.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
i think we can assume that Both Undertaker and Kane are going to be around for at least another year , i actually think that Kane is in better physical condition than Deadman, but they both probably retire sometime in 2013

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1) How do you know he's not in shape to compete like he used to? Have you seen him? Is he your neighbor?

2) Taker gets 11 months OFF and returns for just one match. That is a LOT of time out of the ring per year. That is time spent pretty much letting your body heal up for one helluva match the next year... Hell look at what eight years did for Austin. He actually looks YOUNGER than he did back in the day. I don't see Taker retiring this year, or even the next. Maybe Mania 30 in the Garden and even then I won't be surprised if it happens at the Survivor Series instead of Mania someday.
1. your right i don't know, its just an educated guess based on the fact that he could barely stand upfor the last few minutes of his last match and couldnt after it. it may just be good acting but i doubt it seeing how they didnt just usedruids to carry him back like they always do in those situations

2. my point. WWE doesnt pay based on performences, they pay you even if they didnt feature you on that weeks programming. with this being said is it in there best interest to pay someone who has to be high on the pay role like taker for 1 match a year? i think it would be time to try to let him know its time to retire

i love taker but it definatly is time for him to put someone over at mania and retire

·
Registered
452 Posts
Would make sense and be pretty nice if done right.

I believe Taker thinks that Kane should be the one to beat him at Wrestlemania because it would make the most sense. But after Kane already dominated him in their last feud you'd think Taker would probably want to be the man to come out on top if they feuded again going into Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
187 Posts
taker aint losing at mania, stupid idea, and open up old wounds isnt really taker and kane as last year they had a big fued, but no doubt after mania taker will retire, he's surposivly gonna do alot of work behind the scenes, dunno bout randy savage,all the rumours about steph when she was 14, dunno if vince would allow it, but dunno, could mean a thousand million different things

·
Banned
17 Posts
I can see Taker retiring but not Kane

1 - 20 of 22 Posts