Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the undertaker over the past few years has been on and off tv tapings and not jus because he is the only guy there (now since hbk is gone) who works on a part time contract of only needing to make tv taping and one over seas tour a year, but because he is being ravaged by injuries! Now taker has always been my fav wrestler but if he cant for arguements sake slow his routine down to the pace of his entrance walk then is it time he hangs up the boots and leave the business??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Definitely.

I am pretty sure this wrestlemania will be his last, even if people want the nice round number of 20-0 (I would hope he'd be classy enough to end his streak for a young up'n'comer anyway.)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nah. He's a special attraction who's still over and can still be useful to the company in terms of making new stars, via the Wrestlemania streak and his general aura of invincibility. Will he be useful for much longer? Probably not more than a couple of years. But if he wants to hang around, I think he's beneficial.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think he could come back once or twice a year for novelty matches. Imagine he goes away for a while. Miz runs roughshod for the next two years, at the next Mania he claims he has nothing left to conquer - the gong hits, Undertaker comes out. Instant money. You don't even have to explain where Undertaker went because he's so iconic that crowds will be jazzed for his mere return.

But he's definitely too old and banged up. He'll get injured more and more, and heal slower and slower. He's had a phenomenal career and is still capable of amazing performances. Those are simply rare. He's my favorite wrestler of all time and I'd like him to retire for his own well-being.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
He just needs to do very little apart from in WrestleMania season. It's when he matters the most, so they just need to really take advantage of that. Give him a big match at WrestleMania this year, give him Cena at WrestleMania 28 and allow him to retire at 20-0 with two more great WrestleMania matches under his belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts