Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Probably the only thing I've agreed with Vince on. The ABA character just exposed him as bad on the mic. He has always been bad on the mic, but could hide it behind the mystique of his Undertaker character and all the flashy special effects and slow walking.
He is no Rock or Stone Cold who will pick up the stick and start wailing away into it while running around. He is a quieter, more soft-spoken guy by nature. He does however have a great voice for talking, excellent projection and good cadence and he's not at all "bad" on the mic. Many of his Deadman promos were awesome especially in the Ministry days. His promos as ABA were even better IMO and showed how good he could be. I remember him owning the Rock and the audience on several occasions.

I have no idea where the rumor that Vince hated the ABA gimmick started from but that's ridiculous. He would have NEVER gone with it if that were the case. I think a few smarky fans jumped to that conclusion just because the wwe always strives to keep the ABA and the Deadman personas mutually exclusive and do NOT show Taker as one while he his portraying the other. It doesn't prove at all that Vince "hated" it and there's never been any quote or interview or credible source that's ever proven that.

You mean AOA.

American Old Ass.

You mean AOA.

American Old Ass.
You are, amazingly clever.

fpalm

Seriously what the fuck is with the Taker hate in wrestlingforum.com lately? :confused:

I don't understand how being a human and subject to the natural biological processes of aging and turning 50 should subject him to being shit on like this. So it's ok that every other wrestler ages and shows it, turns gray, etc. but because Taker is supposed to actually be a Deadman or there are some confused and disturbed individuals on here who... actually BELIEVED he WAS dead that it's NOT ok for him to show any signs of age? He's supposed to have pitch black dyed hair down his back forever and dyed black beard and eyeliner and capes?

The constant shitty insults of being and old man are aggravating. If he puts a little just for men in his beard a bit I honestly don't see how he looks any significantly worse than any of the other retired 50 year-old wrestlers. Mic Foley is like 400 pounds and almost all gray, Stone Cold has a massive gut and is sporting major turkey neck, and Shawn Michaels looks like a cross-eyed caveman. Why the fuck is Taker getting so much shit?? Dude looks great in the pics posted above.

I don't want to see him in the ring, his body is clearly beat up and has nothing left in the tank. I wouldn't mind him having some kind of on-screen role but I doubt he'd want that, doesn't seem like the type.

You are, amazingly clever.

fpalm

Seriously what the fuck is with the Taker hate in wrestlingforum.com lately? :confused:

I don't understand how being a human and subject to the natural biological processes of aging and turning 50 should subject him to being shit on like this. So it's ok that every other wrestler ages and shows it, turns gray, etc. but because Taker is supposed to actually be a Deadman or there are some confused and disturbed individuals on here who... actually BELIEVED he WAS dead that it's NOT ok for him to show any signs of age? He's supposed to have pitch black dyed hair down his back forever and dyed black beard and eyeliner and capes?

The constant shitty insults of being and old man are aggravating. If he puts a little just for men in his beard a bit I honestly don't see how he looks any significantly worse than any of the other retired 50 year-old wrestlers. Mic Foley is like 400 pounds and almost all gray, Stone Cold has a massive gut and is sporting major turkey neck, and Shawn Michaels looks like a cross-eyed caveman. Why the fuck is Taker getting so much shit?? Dude looks great in the pics posted above.
Did you see Taker Vs Lesnar at Mania 30?

Dude shouldn't taint his record any further

Did you see Taker Vs Lesnar at Mania 30?

Dude shouldn't taint his record any further
Yes I saw it many times. And what part of HE HAD A CONCUSSION do you not understand? How many times does this have to be discussed, posted about and how many times do you intend to purposely ignore that information, discount it or decide it doesn't matter? He was dropped on his head by Brock Lesnar... directly onto his head 5 minutes into the match. He did not have hands or arms out. The fall he took was worse than Christian or Ziggler's concussions by far and when I watch back Bret Hart's in comparison (the one that caused him to have a stroke and ended his career) I have to say that Taker's head smacked the floor harder and with more impact. Numerous sources have confirmed in shoot interviews that Taker WAS unconscious from the fall, that he WAS unconscious immediately after getting backstage, and that he WAS rushed to hospital by ambulance and immediately admitted for possible bruising on the brain that required CT scans among other things.

What the HELL did you expect him to look like after suffering from such an injury? Eyes rolling, barely able to stand, wobbly, doubled over... that is what anyone regardless of age would look like with a head injury like that and exactly what he looked like. We have no knowledge of what condition he was in prior to the fall and no matter how much speculation you read it's ALL speculation. We were never given a chance to see what the match or Taker would have looked like had he not been injured. Anyone that says "he was old, hurt and it would have sucked anyway" really doesn't have a credible basis to go on as he has always shown up every year ready for an awesome match and he's ALWAYS delivered.

That being said, you're saying that I shouldn't want him in the ring again because "didn't I see WM 30?" Well, I did but I never said I wanted to see him wrestle again. I think he has every right to go and enjoy a great life and retirement. What I don't agree with or understand is the constant need to shit on the man for being so old and "grandpa Taker" and on and on and on. It's not funny, the jokes are stupid especially since the recent photos McCool has posted on Instagram he really looks damn good. He IS in better shape than Stone Cold Steve Austin TBH and it sounds like even now he has the motivation to train hard and keep in great condition as he's recovering.

Whether he returns or not, constantly calling him a "decrepit old man" mostly on the basis that he looked horribly hurt after suffering a terrifying injury is getting old and just retarded, not to mention just plain callous.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.