Wrestling Forum banner

Taker/HHH = Trying too hard

3981 Views 48 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  #BadNewsSanta
Im not trying to be a contrarian and i know im not in the minority here, but doesn't it seem like they are trying really hard to make us believe this is an epic match? HBK/Taker just worked because it had chemistry but hhh imo is really going to drag this down. It just feels like this match is going to let everyone down and they will try and say it was one of the most epic encounters in wrestlemania history. Am i the only one or do some of you feel the same way?
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a contrarian?
Someone who always takes the opposite opinion.

How is HHH going to drag it down? They had a pretty damn good match at WM17, I think they've got plenty of chemistry to work with.
They had an ok match at mania now they're 10 years older and both have had serious injuries mount up since then.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
I’ve said this multiple times already, they are most definitely trying too hard, I get that they are building the match up, no problem but they are just doing too much now. They are really trying to make Triple H more credible then he already is if you get what I’m saying, I’m just not really into this feud at all, ESPECIALLY since WWE are really going to go through with ignoring their Wrestlemania 17 encounter which was one of the most important and unforgettable Mania’s in history.

They are overhyping this feud to the core and I’m just not interested, I just hope both Triple H and Undertaker just get off my television screen immediately after their pointless feud is done cause their time is up in the WWE and need to focus on building new CREDIBLE stars.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
How is HHH going to drag it down? They had a pretty damn good match at WM17, I think they've got plenty of chemistry to work with.
So you're basing it off what you saw a DECADE ago?!?!?

it will be terrible but it will be less terrible if Triple H puts his career on the line so that he'll be gone.

Oh and for those who asked:

con·trar·i·an
   /kənˈtrɛəriən/ Show Spelled[kuhn-trair-ee-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
a person who takes an opposing view, especially one who rejects the majority opinion, as in economic matters.
Use contrarian in a Sentence
See images of contrarian
Search contrarian on the Web
Origin:
contr(ary) + -arian

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Im excited for it and like the build so far.

These two will tear the house down at Mania, no doubt. They work extremely well together. And they both can deliver great matches when motivated, and Wrestlemania is always that time.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve said this multiple times already, they are most definitely trying too hard, I get that they are building the match up, no problem but they are just doing too much now. They are really trying to make Triple H more credible then he already is if you get what I’m saying, I’m just not really into this feud at all, ESPECIALLY since WWE are really going to go through with ignoring their Wrestlemania 17 encounter which was one of the most important and unforgettable Mania’s in history.
WM X7 was imo top 3 when it comes to manias and they're match was good, but they might not be bringing it up because it had one of the worst spots ever (chokeslam on to foam padding lol)

· Registered
2,765 Posts
So you're basing it off what you saw a DECADE ago?!?!?

it will be terrible but it will be less terrible if Triple H puts his career on the line so that he'll be gone.

Oh and for those who asked:

con·trar·i·an
   /kənˈtrɛəriən/ Show Spelled[kuhn-trair-ee-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
a person who takes an opposing view, especially one who rejects the majority opinion, as in economic matters.
Use contrarian in a Sentence
See images of contrarian
Search contrarian on the Web
Origin:
contr(ary) + -arian
Oh, but it's OK for people to go nuts over Hulk Hogan at the age 50 wrestling in the main event of Wrestlemania? Or Ric Flair hovering around 60 wrestling HBK at Wrestlemania....

You really think these guys just forget how to wrestle in the course of 10 years? No, they're no in their prime, but they are two of the all-time greats, they are more than capable of pulling off a good match.

Listen, if you don't like the match-up that's fine, I just don't get how people can jump all over it and say that it's going to suck because they are both over 40. Lets wait and see how the match goes first.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
No...flair and hogan showing for WM after their prime was horrid as well.

· Registered
981 Posts
They're trying too hard to force this match as being epic and force hhh as the one who can really stop him with no real build up or emotion. I don't care about this match like I cared about Undertaker vs HBK 1 and 2 and the only way to make it real interesting is for HHH to go full on heel and full on cerebral assassin.

· Registered
91 Posts
No. I really don't. To my knowledge this is the only match that is actually going to have 2 legends in it. Yes, I know a lot of people don't like Triple H (I personally love him, lol) but for good or bad he is a legend in this business.

If you haven't been watching in a while or just happened to tune in in the last few weeks or even tonight for that matter, your first thought would be, "Really? Both those guys are still wrestling? Well hell this might be interesting. I think I might buy Wrestlemania this year. Oh and who the hell are these other guys? I might check them out". Ding, ding, ding! You just got a fan back and they may stick around to see what else is happening.

So yeah, my answer is no, I don't honestly think it's being hyped enough. In fact I was checking my twitter tonight and noticed one of my friends say, "Oh SCSA is back? Hmmm. That's interesting". So yeah IMO they need to hype the hell out of their legends for their own sake.

· New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,519 Posts
What?

I don't think they are building it enough. Where the hell was HHH tonight? Are we gonna get four more weeks of the same lines from both of the guys on Raw & SD? I don't really care for the fued anymore, because HHH is irrelevant too me and I only want Taker-Cena for next year at this point.

· Registered
980 Posts
I agree they are trying too hard to turn into something epic.
Obviously WWE is ignoring it for good reason but the storyline of the streak being HHH's last challenge isn't believable when it's already happened.

Overall the feud really lacks emotion, everything about it feels forced for the sake of it.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
No. I really don't. To my knowledge this is the only match that is actually going to have 2 legends in it. Yes, I know a lot of people don't like Triple H (I personally love him, lol) but for good or bad he is a legend in this business.

If you haven't been watching in a while or just happened to tune in in the last few weeks or even tonight for that matter, your first thought would be, "Really? Both those guys are still wrestling? Well hell this might be interesting. I think I might buy Wrestlemania this year. Oh and who the hell are these other guys? I might check them out". Ding, ding, ding! You just got a fan back and they may stick around to see what else is happening.

So yeah, my answer is no, I don't honestly think it's being hyped enough. In fact I was checking my twitter tonight and noticed one of my friends say, "Oh SCSA is back? Hmmm. That's interesting". So yeah IMO they need to hype the hell out of their legends for their own sake.
Older fans might also react negatively. "Really? Both these guys are still wrestling? WTF?"

The feud does seem to feel a bit forced. Would have really helped if HHH were heel. After 2 years of him facing HBK, who was also a face, I really wanted to see Taker up against a big name heel.

· Registered
91 Posts
Older fans might also react negatively. "Really? Both these guys are still wrestling? WTF?"

The feud does seem to feel a bit forced. Would have really helped if HHH were heel. After 2 years of him facing HBK, who was also a face, I really wanted to see Taker up against a big name heel.
Yeah, that true. I won't deny that. I'm just saying looking at it from a positive angle it makes sense to me to push it. Your right though the negative would be exactly what you mentioned.

I also get why you would want to see Taker go up against a heel. For me it's all good though. Both guys are winding down their years as far as actually wrestling goes and I think they just want it to be special.

Who knows though I could be completely off the mark and it's all going to turn into crap and I'm gonna look back and say, 'Why was I behind this whole thing in the first place?' haha

· Registered
2,383 Posts
I think I will get more into the feud if became a bit more personal. HHH's reasoning that he had done everything and this was the last accomplishment for him doesn't really make me that interested. They need to make it a more personal and heated rivalry. The quiet staredown they had when HHH returned didn't help things either for me. But others might find it to be more interesting and it can still be a great match on the card.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.