Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
As a serious note of discussion, and not giving any creative input just because the WWE doesnt seem to, i could think of a few easy ways to improve the tag team division within WWE's roster, and not by saying bring in these guys from other companies etc etc.

Gabriel to turn face in the upcoming months. When NXT 4 is over have Gabriel turn face and replace him with someone from this season. As i said in a discussion on this forum about two guys to turn heel and two to turn face. Gabriel looks like every time he goes for the 450 he isnt to pleased about what he's doing and they could go with that as a way to turn him face and cast out of the Nexus to be replaced.

Gabriel can then tag team with Bourne as an exciting high flying team.

After feuding with Kidd and losing the US title to him, Bryan can tag team with Bateman. Great chemistry on NXT together imo.

And then if not tag Bryan with him...Tag Curtis with him. Good tag team in FCW and you can see there chemistry together on NXT also. Both are very similar characters in some of the stuff that they say, all be it that Bateman seems to be doing a much better job at it than Curtis.

Call up Tito Colon (Primo and Carlito's cousin) and tag team him with Primo. I say Primo instead of Hunico from FCW because Hunico could come to Smackdown as a masked mexican lucha libre wrestler and go singles imo and get over. Alberto del rio would certainly help that at least if they feuded.

Call up Brett Dibiase, as soon as he gets back from injury and unite him with brother Ted. Ted isnt doing anything at the time being, so why not make him stant out in an area where there arent any other singles guys to prevent him from elevating himself as a performer.

Tarver and Sheffield. Either be it with Punk's Nexus, or be it on their own.

Harris and McGillicutty. The official Nexus tag team. Give these guys something to do instead of nothing but beating people down when they're leader tells them too.

Percy Watson and Darren Young. Re-Unite the South Beach boys from FCW. Watson showed he was annoyingly capable of getting over and i think that Darren Young could as well cause from what i have seen of him in FCW he's got charisma.

Combined with WWE's current teams...All two of them that would make a division consisting of...

The USO's
Santlov
Nexus (Harris and McG)
Primo and Tito - The Colons
The DiBiase's
Bourne and Gabriel
Tarver and Sheffield
Young and Watson
The DB's (Bateman and Bryan) or Bateman and Curtis

Thats nine teams right there and it only took me 10 minutes to come up with that list.

Book an insane open tag team invitational match at a ppv...Tornado style, and give guys like DiBiase and Primo a little bit of mic time before the ppv to say they will be entering it with a partner of there choosing, since there partners wouldnt have been seen before on TV (apart from Bretts brief little stint) and make the titles relative again by creating some real storylines.

The Uso's, The DiBiase's and The Colons could have a storyline revolving their wrestling family heritage.

Gabriel and Bourne could feud with The Nexus...Why. Need it be more than something simple as Bourne is pissed because of getting beat down by them so much, and Gabriel was sick of what the Nexus were doing.

WWE doesnt need to re-hire the Dudleyz to make the tag team division relevant again. They just need to sit down and think for 10 minutes and give these guys coverage to make the division relevant.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
As a serious note of discussion, and not giving any creative input just because the WWE doesnt seem to, i could think of a few easy ways to improve the tag team division within WWE's roster, and not by saying bring in these guys from other companies etc etc.

Gabriel to turn face in the upcoming months. When NXT 4 is over have Gabriel turn face and replace him with someone from this season. As i said in a discussion on this forum about two guys to turn heel and two to turn face. Gabriel looks like every time he goes for the 450 he isnt to pleased about what he's doing and they could go with that as a way to turn him face and cast out of the Nexus to be replaced.

After feuding with Kidd and losing the US title to him, Bryan can tag team with Bateman. Great chemistry on NXT together imo.

And then if not tag Bryan with him...Tag Curtis with him. Good tag team in FCW and you can see there chemistry together on NXT also. Both are very similar characters in some of the stuff that they say, all be it that Bateman seems to be doing a much better job at it than Curtis.

Call up Tito Colon (Primo and Carlito's cousin) and tag team him with Primo. I say Primo instead of Hunico from FCW because Hunico could come to Smackdown as a masked mexican lucha libre wrestler and go singles imo and get over. Alberto del rio would certainly help that at least if they feuded.

Call up Brett Dibiase, as soon as he gets back from injury and unite him with brother Ted. Ted isnt doing anything at the time being, so why not make him stant out in an area where there arent any other singles guys to prevent him from elevating himself as a performer.

Harris and McGillicutty. The official Nexus tag team. Give these guys something to do instead of nothing but beating people down when they're leader tells them too.

Percy Watson and Darren Young. Re-Unite the South Beach boys from FCW. Watson showed he was annoyingly capable of getting over and i think that Darren Young could as well cause from what i have seen of him in FCW he's got charisma.

Combined with WWE's current teams...All two of them that would make a division consisting of...

The USO's
Santlov
Nexus (Harris and McG)
The DiBiase's
Bourne and Gabriel
Tarver and Sheffield
Young and Watson

Thats nine teams right there and it only took me 10 minutes to come up with that list.

Book an insane open tag team invitational match at a ppv...Tornado style, and give guys like DiBiase and Primo a little bit of mic time before the ppv to say they will be entering it with a partner of there choosing, since there partners wouldnt have been seen before on TV (apart from Bretts brief little stint) and make the titles relative again by creating some real storylines.

The Uso's, The DiBiase's and The Colons could have a storyline revolving their wrestling family heritage.

Gabriel and Bourne could feud with The Nexus...Why. Need it be more than something simple as Bourne is pissed because of getting beat down by them so much, and Gabriel was sick of what the Nexus were doing.

WWE doesnt need to re-hire the Dudleyz to make the tag team division relevant again. They just need to sit down and think for 10 minutes and give these guys coverage to make the division relevant.
^ This. The talent is obviously around to make a fantastic tag division, it's just that the WWE couldn't give 2 shits about making it happen.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Based on the current roster for Raw I wouldmake the tag teams of:

DiBiase and Ryder - Both former Tag Team champions, would give them a more prominent than the jobber status they both have at the present time and they look well together as a tag team IMO.

R-Truth and Mark Henry - I like the idea of a black tag team. It couldve worked with Henry and MVP but since the latter was changed to SD it destroyed any chance of them building some momentum. With neither doing much to be considered next in line for a US much less WWE title shot why not put them together?

Based on the current SD roster I would probably put:

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks - Could work as did Hawkins and Archer. A fairly agile\powerhouse tag team.

I dont watch NXT anymore or know that many FCW talents that I would use as a tag team because as much as they do or did well down at FCW theres a reason they havent been put on WWE TV or pulled from it never to be seen again ex. The entire NXT 2 rookies minus MM, Harris, Riley and Kaval.

The PG era has made it hard at least IMO to really accept any new talent (Other than Barrett and Del Rio) unless they make a big impact and maintain it before being buried by talents who demand more TV time ex. Cena burying Nexus or simply cause creative doesnt know what to do with you ex. Kaval or MVP before asking for their respective release. So making tag teams of new talents isnt always the best formula, which is I made my choices based on the current roster the WWE has.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Instead of Truth/Henry I'd prefer Truth/JTG both wear jeans, ones a rapper, one like Lloyd Banks. I'd either bring Tito Colon up to form the Colon's, put back the Hart Dynasty without Natayla, bring Brett up for the Dibiase brothers. Once Skip comes back, Skip Sheffield & Ezekiel Jackson. Darren Young & Percy Watson the South Beach Party Boys and Derrick Bateman & Johhny Curtis, anyone know if they had a tag team name down in FCW?

So we COULD of had

The Hart Dynasty
The Uso's
The Colon's
The Fortune Sons (Brett & Ted Dibiase)
Santino & Kozlov
South Beach Party Boys
Bateman & Curtis
Ezekiel & Sheffield
JTG & R-Truth

The chances of any of these happening are like 3% though :(

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
^ This. The talent is obviously around to make a fantastic tag division, it's just that the WWE couldn't give 2 shits about making it happen.
If there's enough tallent for a good tag division those tallented guys would be better used in a division that matters, i.e. in singles competition. The Tag divison became useless when WWE got 6 hours of programming a week.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If there's enough tallent for a good tag division those tallented guys would be better used in a division that matters, i.e. in singles competition. The Tag divison became useless when WWE got 6 hours of programming a week.
Yeah but you cant push all these guys at the same time when the singles divisions consist of guys like

Raw

Morrison
Bryan
Sheamus
Miz
Punk /Nexus
Cena
Orton

Smackdown

Edge
Kane
Rey
Del Rio
McIntyre
Rhodes
Ziggler
Show
Kofi
Swagger

Why push Ted in a singles career, when he there are too many people being pushed ahead of him. It's impossible so, push him in the tag division until there is space for him in the singles division.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I don't understand why so many people in here are hostile to the idea of a good tag team division. It's one of the staples of pro wrestling, imo, and as seen before with the likes of the classic TLC matches or the Smackdown Six, tag wrestling can be one of the best parts of the show.

EDIT: More on topic, I'd say reteam Hawkins and Ryder and team up R-Truth and JTG. Also start using McG and Harris as a team, and WWE would have a fairly strong division right there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They should really try to make the tag team division more interesting. Here's the list of tag teams I would like to see

You always have to have these main tag teams (champions and contenders) then the sub tag teams (anyone else)

Main 4:

Bourne/Gabriel (They can be they new sober hardy boys) vs. Harris/McG (Dudleys?? Nvm)
Zeke/Skip (Face) vs. Reks/Masters (Heel)

Sub 4:

Colons (Face) vs DiBiasis (Heel) vs Uso's (Heel) vs. Santlov (Face) Turn it into a 4way tag team fued
Truth/JTG (Cryme Time 2.0) vs Tarver/Young (Nexus).

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Yeah but you cant push all these guys at the same time when the singles divisions consist of guys like

Raw

Morrison
Bryan
Sheamus
Miz
Punk /Nexus
Cena
Orton

Smackdown

Edge
Kane
Rey
Del Rio
McIntyre
Rhodes
Ziggler
Show
Kofi
Swagger

Why push Ted in a singles career, when he there are too many people being pushed ahead of him. It's impossible so, push him in the tag division until there is space for him in the singles division.
If he's not worth a damn the simple solution is not to push him at all and just relegate him to Superstars so that pople who are get the important TV time. A tag team division exists for the sole purpose of allowing two guys who otherwise wouldn't get TV time to get some. With Superstars, that's no longer an issue.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If he's not worth a damn the simple solution is not to push him at all and just relegate him to Superstars so that pople who are get the important TV time. A tag team division exists for the sole purpose of allowing two guys who otherwise wouldn't get TV time to get some. With Superstars, that's no longer an issue.
Who says Ted isnt worth a damn. Thats hardly what i was saying. More like at the current moment in time it's impossible to push him when there are so many others around him who are getting pushed. Someone needs to put over the guys who are getting pushed, and right now Raw's main priority's are other guys so somebody like DiBiase has to do the job to them.

And a tag division doesnt exist to just give guys air time who wouldnt normally get some. Tag team wrestling exists to push others in a completely different way to that of a singles guy.

Edge and Christian were pushed as a tag team whilst others were getting pushed as singles guys, until they were able to break out as solo guys.

Same with the Hardy's and anybody else who has ever broken out of a tag team into a singles guy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to see about 6 to 8 teams for the division.
Here is a list of the current teams
Santino & Vladmir
The Usos
thats 2 for the whole roster but you can also count the members of Nexus to form a team.
Harris & McGillicutty would be my choice as well but change McGillicutty's name its horrible haha

Ideas
South Beach Boys(Watson & Young)- Like someone said on here reform them on the main roster & give them a fair shot

Cody Rhodes & Chris Masters - this is idea cuz both of their gimmicks are very similar. Of course you would have to turn Masters & go back to arrogant heel persona. I do like Cody Rhodes as singles wrestlers but I think they could work well together.

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins - Reform this team of WWE tag champions & its not like they are using these guys for anything. The difference from their first run as a tag team is they have personalities go with it. And first run as team they were just personal stooges to Edge with no character development at all.

Mark Henry & ??? - give Mark a partner someone to mentor, maybe Skip Sheffield, Mike Tarver or Titus O'Neil from NXT. My Choice would be Big E. Langston the powerhouse from FCW.

Los Aviadores (Epico aka Tito Colon & Hunico)- Great team from FCW, really fun team to watch.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
I don't understand why so many people in here are hostile to the idea of a good tag team division. It's one of the staples of pro wrestling, imo, and as seen before with the likes of the classic TLC matches or the Smackdown Six, tag wrestling can be one of the best parts of the show.

EDIT: More on topic, I'd say reteam Hawkins and Ryder and team up R-Truth and JTG. Also start using McG and Harris as a team, and WWE would have a fairly strong division right there.
Not really hostile, just resigned to the fact that it's never going to re-built so we don't want to keep getting our hopes up. I used the same arguement in a thread about the IWC darlings. We were asked to rank Jericho, Christian, Bryan and Punk; I put CHristian last because, while I'm still a huge fan, I've accepted that he's never going to be anything more than a mid-carder.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts

The USO's
Santlov
Nexus (Harris and McG)
The DiBiase's
Bourne and Gabriel
Tarver and Sheffield
Young and Watson

Agreed. Sometimes I wish WWE would hire fans as writers. We know more about wrestling then some of these schmucks they bring in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.