Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching a bit of Ring Ka King on youtube last night and noticed Daivari was wrestling in a tag team with another arab dude, i think they were called the Sheikhs. TNA should bring those guys in as a heel tag team, considering right now they have nothing in that division.

I also like the idea someone mentioned in another post of putting together Gunner & Kid Kash. They look like they should be a team and both have a decent presence.

Ive also always liked the idea of Devon returning to the heel reverend gimmick and forming a midcard stable with a couple of young guys. They could resign jay lethal and put him in there.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Kash and Doug Williams I think could make a really good team, 2 grizzled veterans

If they were prepared to spend the money the Briscoes are a must, really entertaining together and would fit in with TNA's more adult content

Bring in Chavo and put him with Hernandez to form a new Mexican America would also work (or hell bring back Homicide and have LAX)

Colt Cabana and Eric Young I've always thought would make a great tag team as well

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
If you want to start, look in ROH.

The All Night Express & Cole & Riley are two teams that would be great additions and I think TNA could get them. The American Wolves, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, & The Briscoes would be great pick ups too, but also less likely to get.

A few years ago, ROH featured a team called The Dark City Fight Club, and they seemed really good. I hear they are on the Indy scene now and would probably be worth a look.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
I always think its funny to have a tag team of two legit guys with some midcard accomplishment or maybe even main even stuff to team up and the other guy tries to act like the other one and get in his good graces. Like Rock N Sock with Mankind trying to be best buds with The Rock.

My thing is have Pope D'Angelo Dinero hook up with Douglas Williams and Williams can be the Mankind of that relationship, try to act like an American Black pimp and talk about "Big Willy Style" and shit like that. I mean, both of those guys are too talented to be doing absolutely nothing. At first it sounds like a shitty idea but Magnus/Samoa Joe at first sounded awful to me yet it really worked out well.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kash and Doug Williams I think could make a really good team, 2 grizzled veterans

If they were prepared to spend the money the Briscoes are a must, really entertaining together and would fit in with TNA's more adult content

Bring in Chavo and put him with Hernandez to form a new Mexican America would also work (or hell bring back Homicide and have LAX)

Colt Cabana and Eric Young I've always thought would make a great tag team as well
Yeah im not really a ROH fan but i have caught some matches of the Briscoes on youtube and they look pretty impressive. It makes you wonder why the fuck doesn't TNA just clean out the good talent from ROH. Surely as the 2nd biggest wrestling promotion in america they must have some financial clout, not to mention with spike TV backing them. I really can't see guys like Davey Richards and the Briscoes being on all that much money. I know that will probably piss alot of ROH fans off but thats reality!

I mean Robb Terry or Davey Richards? There earnings probably aren't that different so why hire people like Rob Terry when you have ready made wrestlers at smaller companies waiting to be poached? Use Aries as the perfect example. If TNA weren't retards in the first place when they signed him years ago and called him "austin starr" he could potentially already be a multi-time world champion.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Kash and Williams. Two veterans who could have a slightly comedic role with Williams as the British gent and Kash as a *******. Their styles also compliment each other well.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
YES ^. Agreed. Comedy team who get a serious booking. Let them be funny on the stick and show off the fact that they can go inside the ring yet still include their comedy spots in ring as well.

Put together :

Doug Williams & Mark Haskins
Brian Kendrick & Abyss (if Spanky was brought back)
Kid Kash & Gunner

Indy Teams :

Briscoes
The Shieks
Gargano & Taylor
Dark City Fight Club
Callihan & Cannon
Bravado's
All Night Express
RockNES Monsters

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Kid Kash and Gunner would definitely be a good team to put together. Their styles and gimmicks would compliment each other and Gunner could improve his skills in a less intensive environment.

·
Registered
21,665 Posts
Probably any two guys from Devon Gate. They havesuch a talented roster which has worked together for so long now that they all compliment each other really well. I'd love to see 2 guys like CIMA and Naruki Doi teaming in a mainstream company in the States.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I have a feeling we could see a King Mo and D'Angelo Dinero team similar to Adam Pacman Jones and Ron Killings from a couple years ago. The only difference being that King Mo can actually do something in the ring.

·
Registered
402 Posts
TNA Should go out and do a Tag Team gauntlet like they did when the X-Division needed some new talent. They could bring in new teams like, Dark City Fight Club, Future Shock, The Briscoes, Super Smash Bros., and then they can bring some old teams like, The Young Bucks, LAX, Triple X, The Naturals ... it brang in a lot of guys for the X-Division, so doing the same for the Tag Team division would be a great idea

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
They can use Gut Check for this. The problem is you can't just go sign up all these random people. That is how you run itno a lot of problems. If they are using Gut Check to restock their roster ( which they should ) then it is the perfect way to do it. Once a mo nth they can get a look at someone new.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've always felt that The Briscoes would be a very marketable tag team, in a company like TNA they have a style that works in the ring and a gimmick that works well and could be further exaggerated for television.

London and Kendrick would've been good, but Dixie couldn't get London on board

Haas and Benjamin wouldn't be awful, they could go straight in as a credible tag team as they have some name value; though they're getting stale in ROH.

Also felt The Highlanders were quite good, also Deuce and Domino though Cliff Compton is killing it alone.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts